India-Forums

~*DOTW... Ron*~

missy6892 Goldie
missy6892
missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Hello all :)
Ive noticed that lately this forum has become very inactive and a little on the boring side. To liven things up again, i am making a feeble attempt.

I have been thinking a lot about this lately when the issue of friends and true friendship has come up in my life.
Now my question to you all is: Was Ron honestly a true friend to Harry?

Hopefully you all will give nice long heart filled answers to this and turn it into a proper debate.

Seeya

chhilt IF-Rockerz
chhilt
chhilt

Posted: 18 November 2009 at 12:46am | IP Logged
I think so... because true friendship always goes through hard times... and it can either make or break it.... in this case, I think that even though, Ron fell out lots of times with Harry and Hermione, he always came back to them.... and at the end of the day, that's what really counts :) Nice topic, btw
fly_chick Goldie
fly_chick
fly_chick

Posted: 18 November 2009 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Nice topic

I think Ron was a true friend to Harry because he stuck by him loyally first 3 books. Despite the arguements( frequently with Hermione), they kept trust in each other, and he really did care about harry otherwise wouldn't have gone with him in the first place knowing it could endanger his family. He was ready to sacrifice and face death for Harry- only a true friend would do that- and Harry stayed over at his house when it could have put his family in danger or even face death in the situation in DH.
He did argue with harry, but all friends argue- it's natural and i think that's what strenghtens friendship because you realise each others importance when they're not there. 
At that time he was stuck between his friends and his love for his family- you're bound to choose your family when you're in an emotional state but he realised what Harry means to him and returned.

Edited by fly_chick - 18 November 2009 at 9:11am
missindia26 IF-Rockerz
missindia26
missindia26

Posted: 18 November 2009 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Yes definitely! Love Harry and Ron's friendship
Ron was willing to sacrifice himslef to help Harry e.g. when he followed him at end of books 5 and 6
He always stuck up for Harry against people who misjudged him
Yes they had arguments, the biggest one being in DH
But once he'd clamed down and realised his mistake, he always came back and made up
missy6892 Goldie
missy6892
missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 2:55am | IP Logged
True, he DID always come back and realise his mistake, but the point is in the fact that he left in the first place? You can understand once ( in HP4), but not when he left the second time. I agree that Ron is an amazing friend to Harry, but how could he turn his Harry and Hermione knowing what they are going through even after making all the promises that they were in it together. Sure he came back, but the second time he left made me lose alot of respect for Ron ( but i still love him lol)..
missindia26 IF-Rockerz
missindia26
missindia26

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by missy6892

True, he DID always come back and realise his mistake, but the point is in the fact that he left in the first place? You can understand once ( in HP4), but not when he left the second time. I agree that Ron is an amazing friend to Harry, but how could he turn his Harry and Hermione knowing what they are going through even after making all the promises that they were in it together. Sure he came back, but the second time he left made me lose alot of respect for Ron ( but i still love him lol)..
I definitely wouldn't commend his leaving but to be fair everyone makes mistakes and poor Ron, he was already worried for his family's safety, Harry didnt have any family so was in a different position, Ron was also jealous about Hermione-Harry, there was no real reason but things like newspaper articles etc would have made him suspicious, on top of that, the situation they were in would have made many people crabby and prone to a rash decision
prachi_poorvi Goldie
prachi_poorvi
prachi_poorvi

Posted: 21 November 2009 at 1:18am | IP Logged
I feel that Ron had a lil bit of inferiority complex bcoz of his 5 brothers he had to live up to their image..Harry Potter "the boy who lived" becomes his friend and he has to cope up all the gushings and fawning of Harry 's admirers ..and himself treated as "noone"....

He knows it isn't Harry 's fault..But like in GOF it becomes unbearable to him so he walks out on Harry....

It isnt that Ron is a bad friend ..he supports Harry ...

In many ways he is very immature....

As JKR says Ron had "to grow out of all the love care pampering " which happens in 7th book...after leaving harry and Ron He realizes his folly...

His character is really unsure insecure type of..His tolerance power is low..His EQ is very very LOW...He easily gets disturbed by others remarks (snides during Quidditch cup)

But in the end everything turns out good..He finally "grows up" and returns to Harry returns to fullfilling their friendship and that 's what matters..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top