Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thornewood9 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: lakshmim_84

Aisha, so what abt those jews who were forced to accept islam by Prophet or had to accept death. The incident is given in detail in Quran -  there it is said that the jewish men were killed cos they didn't accept islam.
Also what abt the verses which sanctions rape of women after their lands are conquered

Really? Give me the verses. The Battle of Uhud and Badr are mentioned in the Quran. War etiquette is mentioned in the Quran but nowhere does it say in the Quran or in any hadith "Accept Islam or Die". I already explained that in the post where you asked about the punishment for apostacy. Maybe you didnt read it all.
As for rape it is punishable by death in Islam. By Sharia Law. And it states that in the Quran. Give me these verses you are talking about because I have not read them.

Aisha xxx🤓
thornewood9 thumbnail
Originally posted by: souro

What is there not to understand??

You said that everything and everybody is born muslim and later on choose to follow some other religion. According to you since islam means 'Submission to God' and everything and everybody submit to god just because they are what they are, so all are born muslim. (Remember the logic, convoluted as it is, is yours not mine)
What essentially comes out from your logic is that you're giving more importance to the meaning of the name of the religion.
In that case if I start a religion and name it 'Baby' then I can claim that everyone who were born or will be born belong to my religion and later on may move on to some other religion.

Everyone is born Muslim not everyone stays Muslim. How is that logic convuluted? If you Submit to God you are a Muslim. Muslim means Submitting to God. Islam is the religion God has chosen for Mankind. If you follow Islam you submit to God and therefore are a Muslim. Human beings have Free Will thats why they can choose to be Muslim or not. There is no compulsion in religion. God says that.

I dont understand what you're trying to say. More importance to the meaning of the name of the religion? No Im not. Just because I said everyone is born Muslim?😆 Its just something we believe *shrugs*

Aisha xxx
thornewood9 thumbnail
Originally posted by: DM01

That's all fine and dandy, but you're forgetting that Sharia isn't just based upon the Quran, infact most of Islam is based upon the Hadiths, there are things not mentioned in the Quran which are a core part of Islamic belief such as the five pillars of Islam, the Quran also doesn't tell you when to bow and prostrate, it doesn' tell you how many Rak'aat to pray for each salah, it doesn't tell you what to say in each position, it doesn't tell you how much zakat to pay.

Most of Islam is based on the Quran. The Hadiths are the details because those are narrations of the Prophet's life and what he did in day-to-day life. The five pillars ARE mentioned in the Quran. In Chapter 23. And Zakat and how much you should pay is ALSO mentioned in the Quran in the Chapter 2.  The details of prayer however are found in Hadith this is true.

The Quran also tells Muslims to follow Muhammad's example, and without the Hadiths we have no way of knowing Muhammad.  So let's see what Muhammad had to say about apostacy.
It was said of Muhammed that he was the Walking Quran. If any hadith comes into conflict with the Quran then we know that it cannot be accurate because the Quran is seen by Muslim's to be God's Word. Nothing is greater than that.

Bukhari (52:260) - "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Context - During the Battle of Uhud, when those who were pretending to be Muslim but were really giving information to the Makkans so that they could defeat the Muslims during war, left the Muslims mid-battle and the Muslims almost lost. Read my previous post about apostacy.

Bukhari (84:57) - "Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Bukhari (89:271)  - "A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle"

Bukhari (84:64-65) - "During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, where-ever you find them, kill them, for who-ever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."
Again no context or history mentioned. If you look further into the hadith books you find that these people reverted during times of war and had only become muslim to get inside information. The Prophet's own uncle Abu Talib did not accept Islam and yet the Prophet loved him dearly. There was a woman whose mother was visiting her in Medina who was not Muslim and the Prophet told her to welcome her mother and be good to her. You can't just read hadiths without knowing where they came from.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20060

"With regard to the shar'i rulings on apostates, if the apostate does not return to Islam, he must be executed. 

It was narrated that 'Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., punishment for murder), a married man or woman who commits adultery, and one who leaves his religion and separates from the jamaa'ah (main body of Muslims)." 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6484; Muslim, 1676 

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbaas said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever changes his religion, execute him."  

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6922). "

Again CONTEXT. Check the timeline. You'll see I'm right about the battle thing.

thornewood9 thumbnail

Forget all that, since you're so concerned about Islam and how Muslims are supposed to behave, can I ask what are you doing in the UK?, a true Muslim shouldn't be living in a country who is at war with muslims - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14235

Um excuse me? I was born here. This is my home. 😕 

A Muslim is also not supposed to befriend unbelievers - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21530

Really? That's why the Prophet loved his Uncle so much even though he didn't become a Muslim🤔

A Muslim shouldn't be watching movies - they are haraam - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/125535

Uh huh. Like I said in some other post I don't watch movies that have nudity/sexual scenes. I had no idea disney movies were haram🤔 And some movies are documentaries. Knowledge is important in Islam.

A Muslim shouldn't sing, dance or listen to music - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/5000

Well I'm not a singer. In fact I can't sing. I can't dance either. And there are many hadiths where the Prophet said to have music at a wedding is a good thing. Music is not haram. It only becomes haram when you think you can reach God through it. The Prophet Dawud used to sing with the Angels.

Why do you have a picture of two kafirs who are about to kiss in your avatar?, what are you doing on this forum where your mind will get polluted with kafir television soaps, these television soaps goes against pretty much everything in Islam.

Hello? Are you a member of the Taliban? Life is not just about religion life is to be enjoyed as well as long as it is within limits. The Prophet said that.

So before you speak on behalf of Muslims, maybe you should fix up first, by leaving this website as it's not conducive environment for Muslims to be in, and join an Islamic forum where you can discuss all you want about what god wants you to do.

Actually this topic was about Kurbaan and its turned into a discussion of religion. I didn't do that. And this is the Internet I can go wherever I please. Stop getting all snarky and telling me to leave just cause you don't like what I say🤔

thornewood9 thumbnail

You can't be a Muslim unless you believe in Allah and that Muhammad is the final messenger, a baby is not born with the understanding of the concept of god, and definitely has no idea who or what Muhammad is, these things are learnt as they grow.  So how can everyone be born a Muslim?, it is definitely convoluted, and may I say, an extremely ridiculous logic.

When I said everyone is born a Muslim I meant everyone has that potential in them to be Muslim. Im sorry if you got offended by it. A bird eats, makes a nest and lays eggs. Thats what it does. It follows its nature. It is therefore Muslim. We believe that Islam is Nature. It is in everyone's Nature to be Muslim. Of course Free Will comes in and then you can do what you want, be what you want. It isnt ridiculous logic. It only means something to Muslims. Read my previous post please?

thornewood9 thumbnail

I was expecting that you'll use the context argument.  It's funny that when anyone shows you intolerant verses and passages from the Quran and the Hadiths, Muslims shout "CONTEXT!", but then they start citing verses without providing any context for it either. 

Yeah cause if you wanna read Shakespeare would you read it without the Context? No you wouldn't. The Quran is a historical book as well you know and if I put all the context down Id be late for my next class

You're being hypocritical here as well, the verse that you cited, "Let there be no compulsion in religion", is also taken out of its historical context.  This verse was revealed during the earliest part of Muhammad's prophetic career in Mecca, where he only had a handful of followers, and was politically and militarily weak.  He was surrounded by non-Muslims and had no choice but to make some compromise with his beliefs.

That verse is repeated five times in the Quran. All revealed at different times during Muhammed's Prophethood. So it isn't out of historical context nor is it hypocritical.

If you notice, that when he became militarily powerful, the verses start to become more and more intolerant.
When the muslims had to fight battles they got verses that are a lot more forceful. Of course there is etiquette for war as well and it says that if the opposing side does not wish to fight anymore then you should stop fighting too. No intolerance there. You cant just sit around during war and expect the enemy not to attack you if you ask for a debate.

The bottom line is, Muhammad used warfare to establish his hegemony, expelled Jews and Christians out from the land where they've been living peacefully for centuries, captured the Kaaba and destroyed all the idols which were housed there, and you're trying to convince us that Muhammad was the "messenger of peace"? lol
Yes Islam is all about warfare. Thats why the Ottoman Empire was the most peaceful Empire in history. Thats why the first battle the muslims fought was several years after Muhammed became Prophet. Even though he had Umar on his side. Jews and Christians lived with the Muslims during the Ottoman Empire. If you're thinking of the Crusades that was the Christians who started that. The Ka'aba has always belonged to the Muslims. It was built by Ibrahim and his son Ishmail.
It was a house built for Allah and not for any other God/Idol. It was returned to that position when Muhammed's Prophethood was complete.

Edited by thornewood9 - 14 years ago
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: thornewood9

why is it that Indonesia and China are the two places on earth that have the highest Muslim population? What Muslim Army went there?

China? You need to correct your info! 
China has more Muslims than Saudia Arabia. Look it up.

I am reading the detailed comments and will reply later. I read the above comment and thought of posting a link. Here is a link and I don't know how reliable it is, but it says china has 1-2 %, 21million,  and its not at all the "highest" if you look :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Muslim_population
Edited by karandel_2008 - 14 years ago
thornewood9 thumbnail
^

China has about 21 million muslims.
Saudia Arabia has about 20 Million.
No idea if its gone up or down. Its a close run thing.

Aisha xxx😊
thornewood9 thumbnail
Got to go. Will come back later.
thornewood9 thumbnail

That's is not what you said, you said everyone is born a Muslim, which is very different from "everyone has the potential in them to be a Muslim".  It's a bit like saying "everyone is born a muderer", and then saying - "oh what I meant was that everyone has the potentional to be a murderer in them"

It hasn't offended me, but it still ridiculous logic whoever believes in it.

Well then maybe I should have explained it better I had no idea one sentence would be so dissected🤔and actually my apostacy post explained it.
Edited by thornewood9 - 14 years ago
Previous
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Next