Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 66

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Reveille

"You know, there are no permanent fixtures in your life. Usually you believe that there is - a person, a thing or a feeling which would stick by you not forever, but for a very long time but one day, it falls apart. It doesn't crumble to dust in one shot overnight. It happens gradually and so slowly that every memory of it haunts you for the rest of your life. It fails you to hold on to that constant landscape that you always retreat to when everything becomes suffocated and life simply reduces to creases on your forehead.
If you were to explain every tiny little feeling that each of your cell would feel when there is a jolt of odd feeling that someone you admire, respect and have come to assume as a friend that you can rely on anytime, utter a callous statement, you could perhaps earn a credit in physiology - since describing that feeling would mean explaining reaction from every vital organ of your body because of the unexplainable hurt it has caused to each of your nerve ends.
If you are really honest in the way you show your emotions on your face, then perhaps you could be a study in disappointment.
The way your face would fall, wiping any humor in your eyes, erasing the casual smile that you were sporting only moments ago, sudden constriction in your throat, the loud beating of your heart in your ears and a sudden heat that arises from the base of your neck and travels all the way to your cheeks to warm them and tinge them with a rosy hue of embarrassment.
In that moment, all you can do is nod and flee the room as quickly as possible to hide the disappointment you felt when you heard those words for the first time.
One might ask you, is your friendship so shallow that you get hurt by mere words from that person. It would be hard to explain to people around you the way you are feeling as it's not even close to being rational. In a little while you will come to terms with your embarrassment and move on. But you have realized that it's only a matter of time when words that bother you and hurt you would become more frequent and somehow they would also bother less and less and one day, these words wont matter at all.
They would feel empty and would be just some words spoken by a stranger.
Then you wonder, if everything is ever permanent at all.
Somehow, the answer does not scare you anymore."

Edited by Sookie* - 24 November 2009 at 7:32am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

anu.happy4eversakadafihamini_yashrichiiiiiSur_10basicquestion1JaponicaRadiantTreasureammygurlArushi.Girl_2007Prasanthikweetrockstarhad2bu6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6aish_punksindhyaa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 7)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Prasanthi

IF-Rockerz

Prasanthi

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:24am | IP Logged
reserved

Hi Sookie!

Its not everytime do we sit and think about this. Sometimes we shun away from the truth. But at the end it always the bare TRUTH and then everything settles down as if nothing. So well said Sookie!

Edited by Prasanthi - 24 November 2009 at 7:40am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Mridhula

Mridhula

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 8:26am | IP Logged
hmm...it was very interesting...like i mentioned earlier, you descriptions are marvelous...i can imagine the vivid expressions on a persons face when disappointment dawns on him/ her. it would be difficult to describe each and very reaction or emotion...but when we try and do that, we'd probably feel blue; because we'd finally know how one frown looks on our face even though it may seem effortless to some.

thanks for posting...

-Sookie-

Pebblez

Goldie

Pebblez

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Okay, before um 'YEAH RYT'-ed again by you over the comments issue :D i forfeit so here i am..took a hard copy out, told ya right...and read it at night...and dude, my guy came in my dreams :D absolutely no connection and you are now going to bang my head against the wall :P

Fly with me remains to be my favorite...i cant exactly put down why, but i think: a) because you used simple normal vocab jo mujhe samajh ajaye :P and b) it was simple. Not in the sense that the guy just jumped, there was something so amazing in the way they decided to give up smg that held no importance for them any longer, unlike some who curse it forever and still, like he thought, are too scared to die...its inevitable, so why not just get done? hmmm...i dunno why, i liked it so much, i read it aloud to anushka (my friend).,..thats a first i have ever done for any thing :D

Watercolor on canvas i have read before AND commented, told u before...i didnt get a word when i read it back then :P but now i do! i think, its the mind frame im in right now...hmmmm!!

Hung out dry: 2nd favorite till date in your obnoxiously monotonous sad stories which i can not stay away from :P apni tarah mujhe bhi bana degi tu! :D but yeah, that slight acceptance of whatever came her way, those four words...dude, you are fab at mourning :D hahaha! me likey tons...ab intellectual kism ke comments matt expect ker mujse, u know i am not that kind...brainless hun :P

Reveille: Matlab kia hai iska? Only i dont have the heart to open a dictionary now :P But TRUST me, you hit on the nail on that one for me, for reasons better not told :D but yeah, thanks for this...personally, it mattered. :)

The BSW :D (figure that out)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-JaponicaPrasanthi

RadiantTreasure

IF-Dazzler

RadiantTreasure

Debate Mansion Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
hey sookie*
so u r india..good to knw that..
but u still have a lot of knowledge..books/serials/movies/lots of travelling/browsing?..
good for us all that experience helps u write nice stories which makes us happy reading them...
this particular one was really good..it was simple(for me)..
and i feel every person would come across that situation in their life...
loved these lines..
"They would feel empty and would be just some words spoken by a stranger.
Then you wonder, if everything is ever permanent at all.
Somehow, the answer does not scare you anymore."
so true...sometimes in life the one u love and care for becomes strangers!!!!
hope i got it rightly..atleast a little..
and yes i am now sure that i cant understand one-shots...but still trying..
thnks again..
good wishes..
have a great day..
sri:-)

-Sookie-

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 25 November 2009 at 1:51am | IP Logged
hey sookie..tat was sweet..n true too..

I wish evry1 could 4get stuff this easily, but i guess not..but u noe if u try nothing is impossible..

n all of what u said was really true! ..someone u trust suddenly leaves u..tat def hurts!..n well maybe tat person did'nt deserve u..

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 25 November 2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prasanthi

reserved

Hi Sookie!

Its not everytime do we sit and think about this. Sometimes we shun away from the truth. But at the end it always the bare TRUTH and then everything settles down as if nothing. So well said Sookie!

I agree! There are so many tiny little feelings that all of us undergo and we somehow fail to dissect them in many words. This was an exercise to figure that out. Thanks Prasanthi!

Edited by Sookie* - 25 November 2009 at 9:28am

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 25 November 2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mridhula

hmm...it was very interesting...like i mentioned earlier, you descriptions are marvelous...i can imagine the vivid expressions on a persons face when disappointment dawns on him/ her. it would be difficult to describe each and very reaction or emotion...but when we try and do that, we'd probably feel blue; because we'd finally know how one frown looks on our face even though it may seem effortless to some.

thanks for posting...

Thanks Mridhula. Well, that was a good point about how one would interpret it. Honestly, I never really thought about it. Interesting. Maybe I will give it a shot.
Thanks!

Edited by Sookie* - 25 November 2009 at 9:29am

Prasanthi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top