Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 60)

Post Reply New Post

Page 60 of 66

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 19 March 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Hello S

When I read the line- The smell of ash on his skin... I first thought it's about a phoenix, Then i realized that a Pheonix is not blue-grey :D 

The animal skin print thing gave it away, This piece of writing goes deep into Mythology.

Amazing work. Somehow, Of all the wonderful lines written, I liked this the best- Yet, it was something that had to be done; for mankind, for himself and for her. He owed her that.

I like such stuff, if you write more, Please send me a link ;)

Thanks
A

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 60)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Sookie, you don't take requests in this thread do you? I was thinking, it would be a treat to read your take on his state of mind...a distraught Shiva as he wanders with Sati in his arms!

-Sookie-

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 1:37am | IP Logged
@Nocturne, yes.

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyoti_l

u know her writing is like that only...

when i read n then start to type my comment...for the first few minute my fingers dont work on keyboard...

n when i do start to write...i have no idea what i am writing...words just flow...

her writing has some kind of magnetic pull...that makes words come out automatically...

n this piece i was like...wow...

n when she wrote abt recognition...i couldnt help but think whether it is Sati or Parvati...

Waah! Thanks Jyoti...I had Parvati in my mind when I wrote it...though it looks like its applicable for both, for me his relationship with Parvati was much calmer and was the final piece of the puzzle that when fell into place, which finally bought order in his world...don't you think so?

I feel that he always knew how it would end with Sati and not just because he is him. It's like the feeling you get, you know? It was evolution of a part of him that would one day cease to exist because of her. Where was with Parvati, his chaos would cease to exist. He would finally be, complete.

Not sure how much I made sense, but that's my view...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hamini_yashTyro--Ratna--

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ucompleteme

Superb.  The novice in me is always stunned by a couple of writers on this forum who never use an extra word when the words they have written will suffice.  The way you have written this comes from a deeper place and thus holds a deeper place for us.  Loved it. 

Thanks! It would be wonderful if you leave a next time...its little weird to address you as 'ucompleteme', no? :-)

Glad you liked it...yes, I am consciously not very verbose in these death talkies one shots or vignettes because they aren't really meant for that reason... over the years I have appreciated acting without lots of dialogues, stories without lots of conversation and short stories which make a massive impact without being too verbose about it...the effort is in creating ambiance which I believe is very difficult and little words that you put on top of it would change the complete context...

Now I end my rant LOL

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Parthenope

I can't believe I didn't see this PM until now!

Shiva!  You wrote about Shiva!  

Here was everywhere...  words that contain the essence of an incomprehensible cosmic truth between them.

Your ~500 words captured His essence better than the entire Immortals of Meluha series... Thank you!

-Devi

Wow! D!!! That's a huge compliment! Thanks a million!

Yeah, I wrote about Shiva :-)

had2bu

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 20 March 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Sookie-

Superb.  The novice in me is always stunned by a couple of writers on this forum who never use an extra word when the words they have written will suffice.  The way you have written this comes from a deeper place and thus holds a deeper place for us.  Loved it. 

Thanks! It would be wonderful if you leave a next time...its little weird to address you as 'ucompleteme', no? :-)

Glad you liked it...yes, I am consciously not very verbose in these death talkies one shots or vignettes because they aren't really meant for that reason... over the years I have appreciated acting without lots of dialogues, stories without lots of conversation and short stories which make a massive impact without being too verbose about it...the effort is in creating ambiance which I believe is very difficult and little words that you put on top of it would change the complete context...

Now I end my rant LOL
Its Ashavi, or Avi if that is too long for you.   I had to take a technical writing class as a requisite at university and somehow from then on I do appreciate such people in real life too.  I am the complete opposite of this, meaning I am a mile a minute talker so for me the contrast is very appealing.  This piece is on my mind since I read it and I am truly glad to have read it.

Okay, now I feel little stupid after reading your comment.

Infinity in the palm of your hands - my first ever FF was terribly verbose. It had two people talking all the time LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top