Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 66

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by olive_green

Originally posted by Sookie*

Originally posted by olive_green

wonderful words sookie.
the first entry immendiately got me thinking back to this poem, i had written years ago- entitled 'born again' about an untimely death and a yearning to live again as the soul struggled to exist in between the two worlds...i'm pasting a few lines from it here - they are not in the exact order..but just a few lines

Till on fine dusk when mercy was showered on

Soul felt emancipated from ages of cruel reality to boundaries unknown

Where word less voices echoed, revived all, passed on words that touched the core

Somewhere between all this, I lay to rest for the final time

Now when I open my eyes I feel flesh and smell the air

I stand on the very place, I had known before

Only this time I inhale the air that lets us live

Can hear the beats of life that I had longed for so long!

Aria!
This is brilliant. Perhaps your lines have summed up everything I wanted to say in the first place. I so wish those words were mine.
But I am really glad you shared them here! :-)

My favorite line:
Only this time I inhale the air that lets us live

Simply brilliant. It says so many things and l just love it.

Thanks a million for this..
Sookie

actually i was really surprised when i read your first one at first..at the uncanny similarity between the idea this poem. thanks for putting it out there so i could share these words, never thought this one would make much sense to people..but stranger things happen. Smile

:-) I wrote this back in 2005 and one of my most earliest pieces. There is a little back story to it.
I love this graphic novel called "Sandman" by "Neil Gaiman" and I was reading it when I saw ink work of Lucifer. It was something that I had never imagined.

There is a man/thing who has sinned so much in earth that he would be stuck in hell for eons. He demands for more punishment for his sins and then Lucifer replies - "If you were to get what you wanted, even punishment, then it wouldn't be called Hell now, would it?"  (Not verbatim)

That was the picture stuck in my mind when I wrote this piece.
Actually your poem is more accurate than what I described and I was really surprised when I read your words.
Glad we shared a thought years ago. :-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Girl_2007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 6)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
thats exactly the image i had in mind, someone who had taken her life and was stuck in this world - where she could see her death bed, and as the rest of the poem goes...could see the flowers and see the leaves flutter in the breeze...but couldnt feel or inhale the fragrance of spring....and that was her punishment...bascially learnt to appreciate life...till finally was alive again..i dont know what prompted that thought..mine was written back in 01-29-00 :) yup thats the date. wow! at how we both shared the same thought.

Edited by olive_green - 23 November 2009 at 7:11pm

-Sookie-

Prasanthi

IF-Rockerz

Prasanthi

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
reserved

hope to be back soon!

Alright! I never knew that I'll be back here so soon :D.

Hi Sookie!

Its not the story that attracts me, but your choice of words that have the knack to pull me over n over again! Enjoyed reading it.  My favouriite:
Arguments. Negotiations. Compromises. Endings.

Its mocking me, its inviting me, its consuming me in its big fat belly filled with words. I twirl the glass. Amber encourages me at the same time when the paper invites.

Throat burns. Eyes water. Hands shake. Head hurts.

Edited by Prasanthi - 24 November 2009 at 12:28am

-Sookie-

bhoomikauttam

IF-Dazzler

bhoomikauttam

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Just read the next one... it written briliantly.. till the end i wondered whats it gogin to be.. where which situation she is in..and the signing part made me realise her issues... i think there is a sense of suspense filled with great words sed to in very little space explain a vast description which perhaps is also complicated... so great job again sookie..and i have ot mention i liek the title evrytime.. it just that its sooo easy for u to play with these words whcih suit so well.. and r in memory for long... great work.. keep it up dear..
tc
Bhoomi

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhoomikauttam

Just read the next one... it written briliantly.. till the end i wondered whats it gogin to be.. where which situation she is in..and the signing part made me realise her issues... i think there is a sense of suspense filled with great words sed to in very little space explain a vast description which perhaps is also complicated... so great job again sookie..and i have ot mention i liek the title evrytime.. it just that its sooo easy for u to play with these words whcih suit so well.. and r in memory for long... great work.. keep it up dear..
tc
Bhoomi

Thanks a lot Bhoomi! I am glad you liked this one shot. It was one of those conversation inspired spur of the moment thing. Its a pretty simple story isn't it?

On a side note, I updated first post in this thread regarding titles used. Starting this chapter, it will be from NCIS TV series :-)

RadiantTreasure

IF-Dazzler

RadiantTreasure

Debate Mansion Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 12:27am | IP Logged
hey sookie*
how r u ?
lthnks for PM..
sometimes i feel "i" am not worth reading u r writings..they are so lovely and as i said i am very blunt to understand them until i read it 4-5 times again and again..
they have lots of feelings and emotions and ofcourse u r suspense and mystic elements...which i fail to understand most of the times.....
yet i try cos i just love them...
i wonder in which part of the world u r as most of u r writings are inspired my many eng serials/movies...
just want to say that this particular part was fab...-a ladys feelings at the time of divorce...
thanks again for u r lovely effort..no matter how long back u have written it..
waiting for next part..
sri:-)

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prasanthi

reserved

hope to be back soon!

Alright! I never knew that I'll be back here so soon :D.

Hi Sookie!

Its not the story that attracts me, but your choice of words that have the knack to pull me over n over again! Enjoyed reading it.  My favouriite:
Arguments. Negotiations. Compromises. Endings.

Its mocking me, its inviting me, its consuming me in its big fat belly filled with words. I twirl the glass. Amber encourages me at the same time when the paper invites.

Throat burns. Eyes water. Hands shake. Head hurts.

Yeah...there is nothing much going on in the story front isn't it? A lady signs divorce papers. That's the summary. But then there are words. :-)

Edited by Sookie* - 24 November 2009 at 7:45am

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sri_4

hey sookie*
how r u ?
lthnks for PM..
sometimes i feel "i" am not worth reading u r writings..they are so lovely and as i said i am very blunt to understand them until i read it 4-5 times again and again..
they have lots of feelings and emotions and ofcourse u r suspense and mystic elements...which i fail to understand most of the times.....
yet i try cos i just love them...
i wonder in which part of the world u r as most of u r writings are inspired my many eng serials/movies...
just want to say that this particular part was fab...-a ladys feelings at the time of divorce...
thanks again for u r lovely effort..no matter how long back u have written it..
waiting for next part..
sri:-)

Sri, Its nothing of that sort. Its fine if you dont understand it at one shot.
Okay, I very much live in India and have amazing Internet connection. And I was and still am a TV addict. I am catching up with old classic TV shows online and also watch new ones online.
:-)

Edited by Sookie* - 24 November 2009 at 7:49am

RadiantTreasure

Post Reply New Post

Go to top