Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
u leave me speechless.....👏

u know...when i forst came to know abt what Sati did...i was very little...i did not understand its importance...actually i did not understand it all...🤔...y would she do that...

but as i grew older...(which i tell u my mom doubts.😆)..n came across this one again...i did not c a woman...a girl...i saw a wife....the better half of the husband...the one who would do anything for the honour of the one who is the ONE...

he is the virtue...he is the calm ..n the chaos...he is the poorna...

he is the Ardhanarishwar...n when something like this happens...like it is said...he is Rudra....

Sati knew what she had to do...she could not bear the insults thrown his way...they are one...n she can never listen to this world when it comes to Him...

words r failing me...but i will be back...when i think abt it more...😳
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sati stepping into the fire and the chaos that followed is perhaps one of the biggest mythological episodes.
I loved the way you started this. The lines were heavy and touching, with him watching her go without uttering a word was awesome. Did they show this on TV?
Planing a follow up?
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ammygurl

You wrote about Sati? :D

Awesomely written, it makes me melancholic yet his certain return to seek justice for his beloved makes me happy :-)

He wouldn't take his beloved's sacrifice lightly.

He wouldn't be Shiva.

He would be Rudra.

its very often that when you write I almost have no words to describe how mice I felt after reading it and always feel why I can't write anything like that, then I realize MIGHTY SOOKIE, that you are Sookie! :D

I would love to see how Rudra takes revenge for Sati. 

Thanks for updating

A

Yes, it was Sati :-)

Thanks a lot for your comment and appreciate my writing..means a lot, especially in this small corner of this website 😊

-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: anu.happy4ever

I loved the beginning of this story. He knew what was going to happen but he did not warn her about it. It was mere acceptance, or a better word would be, just acting according to a predetermined fate in this context.

In a few words, you describe the whole mythology. It's ironic :) In the past people wrote long over descriptive mythological stories and now i'm reading all of it in less than thousand words. The latter has a deeper impact. :) 

Anu

Yes, its ironic. But then again its matter of extent of details. It's something quite common for us - when we are asked to share a knowledge document, we always ask - who is the target audience. Based on it the content is refined, reduced and presented. Even here (as in, Death Talkies) I follow same principle - less is more :-)

He always knew what was going to happen, yet he allows. Why? Because the world needed Shakti Peethas. The world needed Veera Bhadra and Bhadra Kali. The world needed to understand that arrogance and pride would be brought to an end - for Daksha. The world had to see his mighty dance.

Always a reason...
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: .-Moksha-.

Not only are these brilliant reads, I'm learning a lot...so thank you for the gift of newfound knowledge. Maybe because I'm not familiar with the stories, I cannot connect as deeply as other readers, yet it's still intriguing, there is magic in your words itself.  

You certainly have given me many new things to research on...heheh. 

Thanks! Now you will be familiar...they are good stories, and I have grown up listening to them and over the course of time its just gets associated to lots of memories :)
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: ucompleteme

Superb.

Thanks.
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Ratna--

Sookie   🤗...brilliant update ...the way u wrote about Sati's reply and thoughts before she entered the holy fire was awesome ...waiting to read about Rudra's revenge...plz continue...thank u for the PM...TC  😊

Thanks Ratna..Let's see when the last part will come 😊
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: jyoti_l

u leave me speechless.....👏

u know...when i forst came to know abt what Sati did...i was very little...i did not understand its importance...actually i did not understand it all...🤔...y would she do that...

but as i grew older...(which i tell u my mom doubts.😆)..n came across this one again...i did not c a woman...a girl...i saw a wife....the better half of the husband...the one who would do anything for the honour of the one who is the ONE...

he is the virtue...he is the calm ..n the chaos...he is the poorna...

he is the Ardhanarishwar...n when something like this happens...like it is said...he is Rudra....

Sati knew what she had to do...she could not bear the insults thrown his way...they are one...n she can never listen to this world when it comes to Him...

words r failing me...but i will be back...when i think abt it more...😳

Thanks Jyoti for the comment. To be honest, I still don't understand her actions. Before and above all, she is her. She is an individual and she is a person who has her pride. She has always gotten what she wanted.

I guess its the hopelessness that made her take the step that she did. In that moment she felt terribly alone and that she didn't listen to Shiva even when he told her not to go. She probably couldn't face him.

I'll see when you will be back 😊
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: ivre

Sati stepping into the fire and the chaos that followed is perhaps one of the biggest mythological episodes.

I loved the way you started this. The lines were heavy and touching, with him watching her go without uttering a word was awesome. Did they show this on TV?
Planing a follow up?

I don't watch the show on TV. I cannot watch bollywood-ized mythology. I am happy with traditional storytelling :=)

Yes, there is a follow-up planned...let's see when I get to that...
-Sookie- thumbnail
Out of this thread for rest of week... 

Not sure if there is going to be a third part seeing the response...may be there was a different expectation? Anyway, I haven't thought about it till now so let's see.

I may post something fantasy-tragedy next...found a draft in a notepad which I think can be worked upon...

Have a good week everyone!

S
Edited by -Sookie- - 12 years ago