Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 51)

Post Reply New Post

Page 51 of 66

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Soulmates:

They must be soul mates.

Made for each other.

Carefully chosen by nature to co-exist in same space-time continuum.

He couldn't think of any other reason for the "relationship" he carried with the other. They were here, there and everywhere. They came from almost similar backgrounds -  familial tragedy which uprooted their entire world and questioned everything they believed in; law, justice, honor and society. They had chosen paths which had suited them at that very defining moment - the moment which had reduced them to be less than humans and turn into something primal and fundamental. It was the moment when society failed to recognize their loss and had further incurred emotional scars on them ignoring their personal victimized state.

They had been driven to brink of darkness and rapidly shoved into abyss. They had seen the depths of depravity and had managed to embrace into their system by becoming one with darkness. The darkness personified their shadows during the night and it added an outline to their profile pronouncing their existence, during daytime. They were people who could make a difference.

They were people who made a difference.  

They had fought their way hard to find the light again. And when they did tumble into land of living after going through the ordeal of "discovering" themselves, they were changed people. The scars that they carried due to personal tragedies were more pronounced in their actions. When they spoke, people listened. And people of the city spoke in hushed whispers -"Have they already met or is this a prelude to an extraordinary affair that will be remembered for a long time to come?"

He sometimes wondered if the mask he wore was easily readable by others. He was of the belief that there was no human on this earth who didn't wear a mask. No one wanted the world to see them for what they were. The world was cruel in destroying the person who didn't wear a mask or the ones who let their guard down and had gotten their mask transparent.  But the world knew. It knew that below the mask lay an extremely vulnerable human who is very easily destructible.

His dead parents could easily vouch for that.

He never forgave the man who was responsible for their deaths.

The first time they met was during a moonless night. They were creatures of the night anyway. While he enjoyed cruising down the streets in the night his soul mate had enjoyed having fun. The obstacles he met during his nightly drive weren't much of a hassle.

In the beginning everything was quiet and world turned without giving a backward glance. He and then unknown partner lived in same city perhaps taking parallel paths - the ones that never meet. He hoped that they would meet one another one day. There was something telling him that the other person was extraordinary. Someone like himself but represented something much more primal. It felt as if he had been waiting all his life for this moment. The moment their eyes met across the street, he knew that this was it. This was why he was there in that place in that exact moment.

His soul mate probably felt it too since he received a very wide smile in recognition as if they knew each other from many lifetimes. The parallel paths had somehow beaten the basic principles of mathematics and had collided with one another.

It had taken him only moments along with few words to take this person in. He was surprised at the ease with which the evening had gone through. He had shrugged off the nagging feeling born from the years of dealing with darkness. Days later, he realized in horror that he missed that person.

And when he visited the person, he realized what had happened.

He was welcomed with a big smile. He never could say if the smile was real or was it fake. He didn't bother too much about it because if he asked, he would probably get an answer full of lies anyway. He wasn't in a mood to play.

The confrontation was surprisingly anti climatic.

"I will always find you, wherever you are." He promised. He vowed.

"I know you will. I know that you will always look for me and I will always do something which will make you look for me. Haven't you understood this still? You are the wind beneath my wings. You are the reason why I exist and I am the reason why people will love you and adore you. Without me, you are nothing. And without you my life will have no meaning and it won't be fun anymore." He didn't answer immediately. He knew that the person wasn't finished yet.

"You are my soul mate Batman." He didn't say anything and waited patiently for the man with the permanent mask to finish talking.

"We will always fight one another. Either you will kill me or I will kill you. I will assure you that this is how it is going to end. Because we are meant to be." He snapped then.

"Shut-up clown", he growled.

"Joker. I am Joker."

Edited by -Sookie- - 08 July 2011 at 7:30am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

anu.happy4everMurlal-BeingAppy-hamini_yashsejal1986Escapistrichiiiiifri42911RadiantTreasureKrishnaluv94maaneetsangel

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 51)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 7:28am | IP Logged
R! Just for U!

<edit>

It's a paradox, cause Joker and Batman are  really  soul-mates and can't exist without one another.  The Joker can't fight the world without Batman to fight against and Batman can't fulfill his rage without Joker to inflict it on. They are meant-to-be together... they are the soul-mates of the night!

Edited by night13 - 08 July 2011 at 7:52am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Murlal-Sookie-

sridevi27

Goldie

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-RadiantTreasure

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Ah...Batman and Joker. True soulmates if I have ever come across a pair.
Its sometimes really hard to decide which one is more cynical and interesting. Made for one another. I haven't followed Batman series like you have, but its evident that Batman may just pass away if his beloved "Clown" dies.
Nice piece
Keep updating :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

fri42911

IF-Dazzler

fri42911

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
nice update!!!
thanks for the pm.

-Sookie-

maaneetsangel

IF-Rockerz

maaneetsangel

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
good one ...

thnx 4 d pm ...

continue soon ...

-Sookie-

Krishnaluv94

IF-Rockerz

Krishnaluv94

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Batman and Joker. They truly are soulmates. Loved it
Thanks for the PM!

-Sookie-

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
Few lines into the first update, I wasn't sure what to expect. It felt like a fresh start in many ways. And not exactly DT like to be honest but I still enjoyed it a lot. Reminded me of this city and a park in particular, and its homeless wanderers - the usual band as described in your update seeking refuge within its palm grooves. 

Somehow, DT for me is synonymous with more layers...and literally a visual imagery of a dark, desolate chasm in your soul...and somewhere a resignation to it all. This one was seemed different despite the end or the underlying idea...because although change is hard sometimes all it takes is one flame to ignite...that sweeping wave... all is not lost.

Welcome back to this thread S!

-Sookie-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top