Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Great work again Sookie
I dont know why u were apprehensive about writing something cute and mushy! it comes out really well!
rain is always somewhere there in romantic scenes but yours was completely different! of course he felt so happy that she didnt want him to stand alone in the rain! it was so sweet...
and the way she wanted 2 feel the effect him nd the rain together, even though he hated it! i loved it!
keep writing
plz
Sur
Pebblez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
:) I guess you'd be over your mad mood by now! I will gte back to comment here when im feeling better :D
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Lady A! Un-Reserve your comment!
Edited by -Sookie- - 13 years ago
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Are you in a spree to open all your closed threads?😛

Way to go!
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prasanthi

ahem ahem!

reserved

edit:

Ahaan! Why am I not surprised?😊.. Love is in the air. 😛😃
Okay okay, don't start rolling your eyes now. Someone was skeptical about writing romantic stuff but did a fab job😊. Awww!  I am impressed. You can see that I am the first one again here. Hmmm!

This was a "cute" one. Some lines did catch my attention. - With her, eternity is only a heartbeat away.
Silences only meant acceptance of companionship and occasional fights on personal behavior only meant residual discomfort.

A gradual change took place in the fic and even in the writer's writing. I have no qualms about your exhaustion 😛. You strain a little more, we are here to enjoy the result.

PS: Have to talk about this the next time we get to chat. Just remind me. 😃

All this was in the past lady. Watch my next story 😈
-Sookie- thumbnail

Half-truth,Half-lie

Clicking of heels on mortar creates a synchronous cacophony with falling rain and the frequent passing of train only increases the rhythm of the symphony. It feels like fail and Christmas, she thinks. This feeling of being lost yet is having a strong sense of ground which gives an alluring clarity to the mind. The red heels seem like flowing blood on dark road and the view is ironic. She quickens her pace and allows her mind to support her body with its decision. A few hours before she had seen a verbal battle of words The man had asked her - "What makes people go on even when then know that the very values they believe in has been horribly tarnished with and when they realize what they always believed was truth was nothing more than a lie?" Her answer had made him nod his head in understanding yet he had voiced his disapproval quite passionately. Hypocrite, she thinks.

She realizes that even she is a hypocrite. In reality everyone is at one or other level. It is impossible to lead a life without an opinion; and with time opinion changes. She made decisions knowing full well that they were going to hurt him one day, yet she did anyway. She doesn't know the exact reason why; gave into peer pressure, family pressure or social expectation or just because she wanted to. Why wasn't that a good enough reason? No, it never was. Not in her case at least.

"But at the cost of what?" He had asked. She had fallen quiet after that and thought for many minutes. If every action one does gets attached to the cost factor, then how can one decide what is good and if something is good, then how good it is?

"How good is good enough anyway?" She had asked. He had looked at her as if she was a trouble maker who was intentionally changing topic. Her defeated look had stopped him from lashing. He stopped the verbal spar and allowed her to drench in her own sullen bubble. The constant contradiction that the two were when they were together had stopped being charming and had led to a microcosm of uncertainties and opposing morals.

"There is no scale to measure how good an action is or how moral it is. It just is. Yet, one cannot help but be opinionated, misconstrues and pass out a judgment which are always irrevocable. The justifications given to these actions are always in the lines of 'greater good for huge population' - be it in industry, society or company."

"Are you saying the other party is selfish?" He had asked her in amazement.

"No, just misguided", she had replied. He had realized it for some time now that they were always on opposite side of the argument. They were also now positioned on opposite side of morality argument which she had realized very late.

She feels a dilemma in supporting a value when her inner self vehemently opposes it. There is a schism in her psyche.

Clicking red heels hasten their pace to welcoming ocean.

Sookie

Edited by -Sookie- - 13 years ago
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hey S
so we are back to death talkies, eh?
well, this seemed more like an extract from infinfity... if u ask me. i mean its good, yet the conversation pattern resembled it. excluding the red heels part ofcourse. i have got a recent obsession for glossy heels which will last until i sprain my ankle yet again so i liked this one. the point about hypocrisy has my constant support ;)
thankyou for the pm
Sur
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sur_Singhania

hey S
so we are back to death talkies, eh?
well, this seemed more like an extract from infinfity... if u ask me. i mean its good, yet the conversation pattern resembled it. excluding the red heels part ofcourse. i have got a recent obsession for glossy heels which will last until i sprain my ankle yet again so i liked this one. the point about hypocrisy has my constant support ;)
thankyou for the pm
Sur

Sur,

You are welcome for the PM. Yeah, this chapter is DT.

This story/vignette is totally opposite to that of infinity; from the point of inception to the point of execution. Conversation is between antagonists and not two people who are seeing the same things. I thought it was obvious? 😕 Or am losing touch.

Glossy heels...yeah, am wearing brown one today 😆

S.

imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hey thanks for the PM
I don't know if this is a continuation of what you have written in the past but definitely the first PM to me for the topic
I for one dint find anything resembling Infinity.... Except for the fact that both have arguments and supporting arguments but whereas in Infinity both are actually trying to decipher different meanings of the same occurence and still trying to reach at a consensus in this one they seemed to be just arguing with each other. Don't know the characters are AR or some other
Coming back to the part, even I agree that there cannot be a scale to good or bad. It just is either good or bad.
Then again nobody can in right mind not feel suffocated supporting a decision one does not believe in. It just depends on the peer pressure or social obligations. And if you feel too strongly abt your decisions then one might even revolt not withstanding any obligation.

Love
Shveta
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: imshveta

Hey thanks for the PM
I don't know if this is a continuation of what you have written in the past but definitely the first PM to me for the topic
I for one dint find anything resembling Infinity.... Except for the fact that both have arguments and supporting arguments but whereas in Infinity both are actually trying to decipher different meanings of the same occurence and still trying to reach at a consensus in this one they seemed to be just arguing with each other. Don't know the characters are AR or some other
Coming back to the part, even I agree that there cannot be a scale to good or bad. It just is either good or bad.
Then again nobody can in right mind not feel suffocated supporting a decision one does not believe in. It just depends on the peer pressure or social obligations. And if you feel too strongly abt your decisions then one might even revolt not withstanding any obligation.

Love
Shveta

Hello Shveta,

Thanks for stopping by.

All stories or vignettes or whatever one wants to term them are all independent of one another. There is no common theme or continuity. So you can read whichever one you want to read. I experiment with styles and themes so its more of a personal project here.

You got the story right! Its two people talking or trying to make a conversation about something where each have a radically different point of view. When that is the case, even argument becomes moot and it would just be two people talking but not exactly communicating.

Good observations and thanks for the comment!
S