Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] - Page 34

Posted: 14 years ago
hey sookie..nice story..

the scene really did look like a sensual one..but it was'nt?..weird..

he was madly in love with her but she refused his proposal..n he could'nt face after her that!..

she finally made it clear that she had'nt exactly said no to him..n he was happy..though it was nothing great..

they went out for dinner..but he embarassed her by standing on the table drunk..lol..must have been bad!.

she was pissed with him again..n he felt tortured..finally she forgave him..n his 3rd proposal was lucky..she agreed to marry him n he did!..aww..

its a good change to write a cute story,  i reallyy loved it!

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish
hey sookie
now I was actually shocked to read this....romance- from SOOKIE! I mean u told me no more dark stuff but this! change is welcome anyway!
Now since u say this took a lot of effort, a big thanku and very good mark 2 u...nd nj, prasanthi and kiran for harassing u...:)
Anyways, this was fantastic...romance is in the air...seems like a hangover of Valentines day if u ask me...
Now the 2nd proposal was my favourite...I was laughing like hell...nd the last scene...I always wondered why it didnt scare people 2 see somebody's face close up frst thing in the morning!
Great work...looking forward 2 some more romances!
And as for the last one, i wasnt 2 careful when I read it for the first time...but then u asked me 2 read it again, nd I realised...but didnt feel like changing the comment...😊
Sur
Edited by Sur_Singhania - 14 years ago
I feel so happy!

Now I know regular readers of this thread may not like we (Kiz and I) have apparently harassed Sookie to come up with this. But I openly admit to it. Hell, I can still complain because she left out - unicorns! lol.

But the 3 or 4 conditions were met. Makes me happy. Now you  have shifted from black to grey to bright ...er...ok pastel pillows :D thats a good start. Will be waiting to read more of your mushy, romantic words - I know you take this as a challenge, and to those who didnt like this, take it the same way!

See there is beauty beyond the darkness too :). I'm not saying, we ignore the dark but both is a part of what we are. I did read about a few things, I have buzzed you already, about those :D which didn't seem just a coincidence, and may be there is meant to be a message in all of that - I don't know. You know how I have a million thoughts in my head (yes, like we all do) and term that as confusion which apparently not all do.

Waiting for more...of you know what.

Cheers!
A

Eighty five seconds

There is something tantalizing about driving on a bike when there is a gentle drizzle. Heavy drops splatter on my hand which is clutching the handle and my hands slips every time I try to accelerate. Cold wind gives paper cuts and freezes my ears and waters my eyes. Even the chilly air brings soothe to my overworked body washing away the stress of the day. The traffic around me is lulled down by the unexpected autumn evening showers but it doesn't stop anyone from hurrying back home. People run across crossing with newspaper on their head trying to find any means of escape from the drizzle. The sight is somehow endearing. I am only a block away from my destination and I wonder if I am going to make it on time.

My slippery hands fail to accelerate on time which leaves me stranded in traffic and I manage to maneuver in between two cars. Splatter of rain on car tops, gentle hum of engine and splashing of puddles when people hurried over sang a distant lullaby. I am cozily tucked between two cars whose warming engines provide me warmth while I wait for eighty five seconds; eighty five seconds for traffic signal to turn green, eighty five seconds to start moving again. I can see my destination from where I am stand and the fact that there is someone waiting for me makes me break into a goofy smile.

I wonder if I should have taken the car out today. She is not the kind of person who would like to get her dress or shoes wet. She never really verbalized her dislike for rain but had always frowned whenever I had managed to get myself soaked or even sported drying drops of rain on my shirt. Somehow taking the bike out today seems like a really bad idea. Autumn air bites my fingers and flutter of my shirt tickles my stomach. Yes, riding a bike might not have been the brightest idea and especially if I were to meet her.

A hand clutched my arm using it for support and felt someone sitting on the back. For a minute I thought it was bike-jack, however lame that sounded in my head. I almost screamed when I felt the person settled their head on my shoulder.

"Did I scare you?" She whispered in my ears.

"I am scarred for life", I clutch my heart and bump her head with mine. She laughed. I could feel vibration of her laughter along the length if my spine. It was invigorating.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would be waiting at the hotel?" I ask her.

"I was standing on the other side of the road waiting to cross but saw you here standing alone in the rain. So I came." Her simplistic answer threw me away. She didn't want me to stand alone. I grinned.     

"I thought you hated rain." I ask her stupidly.

"I do. But with you, it's an experience I cannot miss", she replied circling her hands around my waist. I could not reply to that. I was gloriously satiated by her answer.

"What do you want to do now?" The evening was too different to do our normal things.

"Let's go on a drive. I would like to feel for myself the combined effects of you and the rain."

Eighty five seconds were up. The lights turned green.

I sped into the evening.

Sookie

As I mentioned, to you, I like it, its strangely subdued-calmness. I myself love riding bikes in the rain, in the cold, the feeling when the cold hits your face and you don't feel cold after a while, and it starts relaxing you, is amazing. I could instantly relate to that scene. I like how he's thinking of her and what she likes or does not while at the same time, she surprises him with something else, something against the conclusion in his head. There is a strange irony in that and yet that's what makes this whole thing, so much more meaningful.

See when you don't make me think too much, and get an instant comment, its got to as you said, 'my types'

That was such a beautiful sweet moment! I am suprised to have read this today because the other day a very similar instance has happened to me. He contemplating about her reactions and she just reacting the opposite got some kind of special thing when read. Awesome Sookie!

hey sookie..nice story..

he was soaking wet in the rain, and maybe it was fun for him..but definately difficult to ride..

he thought that he had to pick her up..n getting the bike was a bad idea..she hated the rain though she did'nt admit it..

he felt someone sit behind him n was scared for a second..then noticed it was just her..he was confused on how came..she came out in the rain..but she said she wanted to be with him..n the fun is diff with him..aww thats so sweet...n aww she wanted the effect of him n rain..thats romantic..

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish
beautiful sookie, love it!

haha, i know it's very short but, hope it would suffice.
awesome
well written part
thanks for pm
reservedEdited by olive_green - 14 years ago