Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 39)

Post Reply New Post

Page 39 of 66

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 15 February 2010 at 12:01am | IP Logged
umm Ermm

i will - i will

edit:

no.
why don't you write about clouds, rainbows, summer rain, snow flakes, autumn leaves, spring, the beautiful sound of a massive river, the instant when ice melts and falls, the instant when the bird chirps in the morning, when the clouds lift off the hills, and a ray of sun hits a spot, and you see it from the other side, the fresh air, the stars, unicorns, butterflies, healing a wounded bird and watching it fly, the smile of a small child....love!

edit 2:

off to chp. 4 now

Edited by olive_green - 15 February 2010 at 12:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 39)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 15 February 2010 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Darkness.

It had texture of freshly woven silk and slipped between my fingers like quick silver. It tasted of lost hope and smelled like rejection.
Darkness, was an abyss from which I am not able to get out of. Or am I the one who is embracing it?

The feeling of lying in a perpetual limbo of cosmic unconsciousness, tracing the pattern of universes, drawing a map of path traced by a seagull during its migration to a happier and sunnier place and listening whispers of the wind carrying notes of forgotten languages from lost civilizations was something I could live forever in. It was nothing like home, but felt very close to it.

A sense of belonging and acceptance.

Isn't that something everyone is looking for? To have people around to laugh with, to share silly jokes with or even mutely share a cup of coffee. Then what makes people harbor an affinity towards shades of gray?
It must be for the sake of silence, I think. The silence which darkness offers is both alluring and lonely. What's loneliness if one can tone down the unnecessary voices  in the head; the voices which constantly shifts paradigms and in the end consumes the preface of morality?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Each and everyone of us have our reasons for embracing the dark. I have mine and maybe you have yours. A rare few even turning off the light to see the darkness, to see how it looks like, feels like and giving into that insatiable curiosity for the unspoken.

To see darkness is an oxymoron.

One has to simply close their eyes to get there.

However, I opened mine.

Voices in the background -
"Welcome back pretty girl! You gave us all a little scare there.  But we got you back." 
A man in green ensemble heaved a sigh of relief; his fingers toying a sweaty mask.

"Sleep now." An overweight woman in mid-fifties dressed in lightest shade of pink muttered in a heavenly whisper.

"It's going to dawn soon."  A gentle hand brushed my cheek.

Yes, I think. It's going to be a glorious morning.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Mridhula.Stuff.hamini_yashsejal1986Sur_10-Aria-RadiantTreasurePrasanthiArushi.Girl_2007spln

spln

IF-Sizzlerz

spln

Posted: 15 February 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
welcome back, you too missy! - from the dark abyss you have allowed to slip away - at least on paper :D

that was a pretty read - not jolly - just like - reviving from death! and i'm glad u didn't get ideas about why rising from the near dead was after all such a bad idea for the comatose-struck!

ps: was this sanjeevani? green (aite, if u insist) AND pink? (i can't think of any other hospital as familiar!)

to see darkness is an oxymoron indeed - in theory that's obvious - the first and only time i saw it for a physical fact (or felt it appropriately) was in the mammoth caves - the tour guide said if u think uve seen absolute darkness, try this - and it was - the kind where u can sit for ever and ur eyes will never accustom- cause it it is indeed- absolute darkness!

aito, im crashing off now - glad about the change - u see, unlike a certain miss-changes-her-identity-oh-so-often (also on this page) i hardly insist u write out of character stuff - out of your char that is ... just make sure its still u writing, not a morose side carried away!

cheers,
nj

-Sookie-

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 15 February 2010 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Yes, I think. It's going to be a glorious morning too.

exciting.

:)

waiting...

-Sookie-

Sur_10

Goldie

Sur_10

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 4:03am | IP Logged
beautiful....and really dark...really- embracing darkness is something of an experience...everyone has their own reasons- but strangely enough once u get 2 know it, its not scary...
great writing
thanx for the pm
Sur

-Sookie-

Prasanthi

IF-Rockerz

Prasanthi

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Hey Sookie!

I am here :D. Hmmm....after the little chat we had, how can I be away from this till night :P.

This was a change very simiar to the night growing towards the dawn. I must say it is a very good breather. Thanks for the pm.

Ps: I know you cannot be away from writing too long. For this, I am glad.

Edited by Prasanthi - 16 February 2010 at 4:36am

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sri_4

hey sookie*
twilight - hmm..another great one..
what more i can say..
good wishes..
sri:-)

Thanks Sri!

RadiantTreasure

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 16 February 2010 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mridhula

twilight was beautifully described as always, the idea of him taking pictures of just her hair was interesting...liked it a lot...thanks...

Thanks Mridhula! :-) Glad you liked it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top