Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 35)

Post Reply New Post

Page 35 of 66

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 11 January 2010 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

i'm adding this part's comment in my post of two pages back, lol..

Edited by Girl_2007 - 11 January 2010 at 12:14pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 35)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 11 January 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

*wrong post

Edited by Girl_2007 - 11 January 2010 at 12:13pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 12 January 2010 at 6:54am | IP Logged
hey sookie..nice story..

he was the king right?..n he had come to fight a way..but he had to kill a lots of people..even a baby..n he mourns for them..but i guess he cant help it..he has to save himself!

he was about to go back when he was slayed!..thats sad..but that happens!

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish

-Sookie-

anu.happy4ever

Groupbie

anu.happy4ever

Posted: 12 January 2010 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Hey Sookie,

This is one subject which has caught my interest ever since I had started learning about it in history. And often, when I thought bout the reason behind all wars, the same thing that you have said in the form of this story, was the obvious answer.

Pride, greed, superiority...so many things seem to be the cause of a war. Whatever might be the actual cause, it still is irrational, because, just because of the intention of one man or one group, the lives of so many people get entangled and eventually it just boils down into another disaster.

Civilisation has failed to enlighten man on this aspect. The intensity of the war increases as a country gets more and more developed.

Good story! I liked the way you emphasize "in the name of the king" indicating the helplessness of the fighter. I don't feel pity or sorrow for the soldier. I am angry at the state to which the man has been reduced. He has spent all his life fighting just for his king, even at the cost of his own will and his life.

Anu (loooong comment for a short story!! :-D)

-Sookie-

bhoomikauttam

IF-Dazzler

bhoomikauttam

Posted: 12 January 2010 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

hi Sookie,

very well written.. a very nice owrk.. somewhere i was also questiongin and gogin throguh the story and knew the ned is just gogin to make me feel more sad with the reality where why people kill others?? wars?? what will humanity and how will humanity gain..i always questioned but yes ego , powere and omination.. so true the last line mentoioned ounting the dead bodies yet i feel helpless the world is divided and evryone wants to feel secure while some want to control ..

nicely penned and beautifully the message and pain came across..tc

Bhoomi

-Sookie-

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Twilight

The dent made by his body on creamy white sheets invites me in their warm embrace on a particularly chilly winter morning. I lay my face on the soft impression made on his pillow and completely roll over on his side of the bed. The residue of the heady mixture of his perfume and deodorant sings a forgotten lullaby. I deeply inhale and succumb to a calling.

I hear a click and see a flash of light penetrating through masses of my curly hair. I see him standing next to the bed, smile on his face and mischievousness in his eyes and cell phone in his hand. I swipe at him to grab the cell phone and delete my picture. His reflexes are far quicker than mine and he sticks out his tongue like a little child. I allow him the pleasure of winning a tiny battle. He after all, has lost a war.

"Why did you take a picture of me?" I ask him. And why did you take it when my face was away from the lens, I want to ask him. But I cannot. Because when I ask him, his helpless face and a stammering answer will leave a bitter taste in both our mouths.

"The picture of streaming curls against a creamy white backdrop was too sensual to pass by. I want an eternal memory of it." He replies looking at the picture he has clicked a moment or so ago.

"Eternity is overrated", I tell him not looking at him. I silently pray God for him not to dig anymore into this conversation. But when was God on my side anyway? I was kissed by Satan when I was born and the devil whispered many things as I grew up. Lucifer is my closest companion and darkness my permanent fixture.

"Eternity is only a heartbeat away. Eternity is as long as we want it to be", he replies in a gentle undertone. I have never seen him this way nor have I heard him talk this way. Everything was new this morning, everything was different.

It was like beginning of a fabulous ending.

He clicks random photos of me where I am sure my face is covered with my hair or the smooth bed sheets. I know what I am to him and what I mean to him.

"Eternity is an illusion. Just like what we are now." His look on his face can be tastefully studied as the face of disappointment. The drastic change in his face added a dozen years to his age and the darkness around his eyes deepened. Or did the haze lifted in front of my eyes? I wonder. I do not want to be honest. Honesty doesn't need a brave man. It only needs a truthful one.

"I know. But at least for handful of moments, isn't it grand to swim in that illusion? Sometimes moments like these are enough to live for an entire lifetime", his tone now holds a tinge of sadness. It is strange how some people simply cannot be satisfied with reality.

I am a shred of that illusion he chases.

I am that blissful oblivion which makes him drown in a reckless current of wild sensuality and tangerine seduction.

I am a poisonous parasite, both sinful and sweet.

I know it. He knows it. We claim ignorance on that one. Yes, we lie to ourselves a great deal too.

I walk towards his open arms, a caustic and witty reply ready on my tongue.     

The phone in his hand rings.

He sees it and sighs. He walks away from me.

And I become a walking melancholy.

Sookie

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

anu.happy4eversakadafihamini_yashsejal1986Sur_10-Aria-RadiantTreasureArushi.Girl_2007aish_punk

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prasanthi

reserved

edit:

Hi Sookie!

This so reminded me of our state position presently. They opposed by raising voices, warned, fought and gave away lives. What did they get apart from death? Nothing. Sigh. Still they did not wither. All they do is still fight.

Good read!

Yeah. Actually, I was watching something on television when this idea came to me. I still wonder the answer though.

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by olive_green

I'm repeating what i wrote earlier,this reminded me of that scene for the movie...when he wins a land full of the wounded and the dead and their mourning women...and cries and blood...he too questions his motive
and what he gained by war...the first two para...

I still don't know how you write this...interesting reading. How he sounds so calm for someone who is in so much pain..but that makes sense...he is drifting..away.. i like it though...the calmness is back :D

Strange eh!

A

Hmm...I was inspired by a movie scene. The calmness he has comes from a detachment he has. The extreme decoupling of his personal feelings and his duty drives him to be the way he is.

S

-Aria-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top