Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 34)

Post Reply New Post

Page 34 of 66

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhoomikauttam

This for me sookie is the best I have read in this collection. Not because its related to a girl and fantasy but by the mere comparison , the way u brought nature to converse abotu things, the tiny bits which we as humans do and the reality check. The dream illusion , the feelings inside and the reality which hits us.. From different percpective its diffiernt and difficult to interpret but u did it so well.. it was like reading a piece written with so much that one feels which to brign out itself is diffuclt.. i guess there was a lot of lernign for me for msyelf for my writing or may be just a thoughtful creative spark i felt reading this..

U have collabrated a lot of thign sin this, hope dreams, death, perspective, faith, nature, end and start too... start of a new leap for a new dream in the eyes...

good work Sookie, u amaze me with ur talent.. and am sure u deserve a lot of accolades for sharing this brillant pieceof work here with us.. thanks for enlightnign me with so much creativity of urs regularly.. appreciate it so much.. tc

Bhoomi

Thanks Bhoomi for your comment. This does bring in many ideas and all these are always closely related to life. Or rather summation of all these ideas make up life.
It is a point of view on certain aspect of existence called - reality. Its mostly me thinking out loud on a certain part of discussion about reality.

Again, many thanks.

Edited by Sookie* - 10 January 2010 at 11:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prasanthi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 34)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Originally posted by spln

just read bete noir... i think i like the title of this '55' the most... so far... i think, that is!

interesting piece, and i (also) think you're getting better with each time at revealing more in lesser written. this one left very little room for immediate speculation about what's what, you know... i mean, there is that entire thing about how and what brought her to the obv loss, but... yeh! not fond of the content, which is my general thing with DT, but i truly enjoy reading the stuff... such irony in contradiction... which is to say, i wish i did not enjoy as much, that i wish not to!

ps: happy new year girl, shall catch you online soon. its been a while...

hugs,
nj

Finally, am here and so are you.

You DID comment in Infinity that I wrote more and left less room for speculation :D After that, it has been sort of an unconscious effort to achieve it. :-) Because I am wrestling with next chapter of Infinity and these one shots are giving me practice to make that better :D

Glad you liked it!

Happy new year to you too!!

Edited by Sookie* - 18 January 2010 at 6:53am

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Originally posted by spln

not certain if i'm in absolute agreement... it doesn't stop me to raise an impressed eye at your argument... but i reckon the best part of my contradiction with your idea here, is based on the premise that you employ as much...

reality is a perception... i agree. however, i agree over that it is hence that we disagree about what is and what not... i do not agree about the idea itself... reality, is just reality. all of it. like (and i use this example too much) gravity. whether we perceive it or not, dependent on our placement... its there... u recall? even between this computer i type on and me, right now... its only too small to perceive yes! .. funny now, cause i argue with you to defend what you did state, but i believe it in a different way!

interesting, i say, still!

cheers,
nj

Hmm...you don't agree with the idea but with the fact that reality is a perception.
Personally, I do not agree on anything at this point. :-)
It could be because I am not clear about this idea at this moment. The point of writing this story was an exercise to get a clarity in my thoughts which eventually I would. But to answer anything further, I need to think. And perhaps I will argue about it relentlessly on GTalk :-)

Edited by Sookie* - 18 January 2010 at 10:49am

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

See no evil

The sound of clashing of metals overcomes every other sound around me. Cries of agony, scampering of hooves, battle cries are only noises in the background of louder battle cries. The sword in my hand is tainted crimson. My calloused palm agonizes over the blood spilled but they never betray me; in the name of King, I pacify my hands. I tread through masses of flesh and blood, some alive and some barely breathing. Many souls have already forsaken their earthly bindings and have made way towards cosmos.

I send a silent prayer for Gods above for men who have lost their lives in today's battle. I mourn for them, their friends and their family. For what purpose did they fight at all, I cannot help but question myself. The answer comes very quickly.

For my country, in the name of the King. 

Why does a man come to battlefield? I often ask myself. Men like their egos to be stroked and burn excess energy, a woman whose face was hidden behind turmeric colored veil had answered with a snicker. I had mused at her answer for long time. It must be greed, a man who had gone blind with age had said one day. I still do not know the reason. For me, it was my duty.

In the name of the King, I console myself.

I see a man who has seen only two scores of summers in his life. I want to call him a boy, a youngling but I cannot. When he picked up the sword, swore his loyalty to his King by slaying the enemy, his innocence was long lost. For a moment I mourn for the innocence lost and enemy gained. Enemy here is an idea, a philosophy and perhaps greed too which is personified to human form in a uniform different than mine. Enemy was abstract and synthetic and I don't know if enemy who I am fighting now is a real enemy at all.

The man in front of me challenged me with his eyes. Swords struck, metal vibrated, a spark escaped into oblivion and the clashing of metal created a shiver in my lower spine. There was something primal about that sound. Anger was summoned, rage ruled. I lost sight of humanity but concentrated on an abstract principle called the enemy and I was lost in a battle. Between what, my heart asked repeatedly.  

A strong sound sounded marking end of the day's battle. I lowered my sword and my guard. I let out a sigh and allowed evening breeze envelop me in its embrace. I bowed a courtesy to the young man, my opponent and walked away from him.

Metal met flesh, blood soaked the skin and numbness covered me. My heart screams of betrayal and cowardice. I sigh in pain and close my eyes to avoid looking into the eyes of my slayer.

It was not worth it.

--o00o--

He comes as soon as moon is as its peak. He carries a light with wallowing flame and trudges through masses of human flesh.

He counts dead people.

The status of a battle is declared by the number of deaths and this was my first lesson when I was recruited to the army. My body is numb with pain and my mind is in a limbo of unconsciousness.

I bleed out into the night.

--o00o--

Sookie

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Mridhulaanu.happy4eversakadafihamini_yashsejal1986Sur_10-Aria-RadiantTreasureGirl_2007Prasanthi

Prasanthi

IF-Rockerz

Prasanthi

Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
reserved

edit:

Hi Sookie!

This so reminded me of our state position presently. They opposed by raising voices, warned, fought and gave away lives. What did they get apart from death? Nothing. Sigh. Still they did not wither. All they do is still fight.

Good read!

Edited by Prasanthi - 10 January 2010 at 11:46pm

-Sookie-

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
I'm repeating what i wrote earlier,this reminded me of that scene for the movie...when he wins a land full of the wounded and the dead and their mourning women...and cries and blood...he too questions his motive
and what he gained by war...the first two para...

I still don't know how you write this...interesting reading. How he sounds so calm for someone who is in so much pain..but that makes sense...he is drifting..away.. i like it though...the calmness is back :D

Strange eh!

A

Edited by olive_green - 10 January 2010 at 11:51pm

-Sookie-

RadiantTreasure

IF-Dazzler

RadiantTreasure

Debate Mansion Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 11 January 2010 at 1:06am | IP Logged
hey sookie*
great one again
people dont understand the value of lives until they face it
as a king / leader he just has did everything to win battle but failed to realise that this war can only bring him pain n agony to add more.
he lost,he failed n he learned!!!
thanks!!
sri:-)
P.S:congo for u r 1 year in IF!!! :)

-Sookie-

Mridhula

Mridhula

Posted: 11 January 2010 at 10:23am | IP Logged
hey, very different and interesting...

it's amazing that he's still calm although he's undergoing pain, it's peaceful as it's all fading...

loved it.

-Sookie-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top