Writers Corner
Writers Corner

India-Forums

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 32)

-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 6:00am | IP Logged
I had to revisit all the stories once more to respond to you.

What can I say Archana? I am really, really touched by your gesture. Spending two hours reading and commenting on this thread for which I am so very glad.

I am very glad that you liked few of my stuff here and that you deemed important enough to write about your perception on them. For that, many thanks.

To answer few of your points:

- This is my style of writing yes but this thread is specifically for non-happy writing. Angst I believe is the driving factor and for a write gives too many opportunities to explore. Dark themes are not very easy to write but they are easily found in our lives. I write humor and quite serene stuff in fan fiction section. I keep tragedies for this thread alone. Example: Search for "Revenge of Brother's Grimm" in FF section. You will be in for a surprise :-)

- In Doppelganger the analogy is perhaps lost on you as you are a student and is not absorbed by the corporate culture. If you have worked, then it must be at a really good place. Honor and honesty surely has lost its meaning in certain aspects of work "ethics" its not what I believe in. Its what I see around me. That is the difference I see.

- "Guys cry too" Why not? Are they not humans? I cannot understand the stereotype that people seem to have towards men. For me crying is just a natural reaction to an emotional trauma. If the guy does not cry, then I would see him as an un-caring person. Now would that not be a bias?

Again thanks for reading and commenting Archana.
Girl_2007 IF-Rockerz
Girl_2007
Girl_2007

Posted: 29 December 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sookie*

I had to revisit all the stories once more to respond to you.
sowiie...

What can I say Archana? I am really, really touched by your gesture. Spending two hours reading and commenting on this thread for which I am so very glad.
it was realli a pleasure.

I am very glad that you liked few of my stuff here and that you deemed important enough to write about your perception on them. For that, many thanks.
well, not few, but all actually Smile

To answer few of your points:

- This is my style of writing yes but this thread is specifically for non-happy writing. Angst I believe is the driving factor and for a write gives too many opportunities to explore. Dark themes are not very easy to write but they are easily found in our lives. I write humor and quite serene stuff in fan fiction section. I keep tragedies for this thread alone. Example: Search for "Revenge of Brother's Grimm" in FF section. You will be in for a surprise :-)
that one sounds interesting, besides i think i was willing to read that time ago, i will do it now, thanks for reminding me Big smile
well, and it just depends on the mood in which u are, sometimes writting comedies might be easy, sometimes not, for example.

- In Doppelganger the analogy is perhaps lost on you as you are a student and is not absorbed by the corporate culture. If you have worked, then it must be at a really good place. Honor and honesty surely has lost its meaning in certain aspects of work "ethics" its not what I believe in. Its what I see around me. That is the difference I see.
Fine Smile
I think, i shall wait till i finish my studies and get some job to really judge it, instead of insisting on the beliefs of my imagination, well, and some things are hard to find, or hard to be noticed.

- "Guys cry too" Why not? Are they not humans? I cannot understand the stereotype that people seem to have towards men. For me crying is just a natural reaction to an emotional trauma. If the guy does not cry, then I would see him as an un-caring person. Now would that not be a bias?
Lol, i was just naming few of the facts and happenings that i have noticed in this thread. Yes, they do cry, i know.

Again thanks for reading and commenting Archana.

Lol.. ur welcome ur welcome ur welcome, u too have the habit of thanking many times? Tongue

*Edited again on 8th January to add

Edited by Girl_2007 - 08 January 2010 at 4:39am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Pebblez Goldie
Pebblez
Pebblez

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sookie*

Originally posted by Pebblez

This one, the untouchable, was my favorite till date. I am speechless.<br>
<br><br>I made kiran speechless! Three cheers for me!!!!!!!!!!!<br>

Hahahhahaha...YES! At least you get the impact of it ;)

-Sookie-

-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 01 January 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged

Leap of faith

She wishes to be saved by a man riding on a white horse. She dreams about this man with eyes as blue as midsummer sky and hair as dark as moonless night. He is gentle in this motions and his breath is sweet as cherry blossom. He comes to her in her dreams and embraces her.  For her, this is the happiest time in her life. She grieves with the morning sun and celebrates when moon arises. Because when she dreams, she dreams of him.

Outside her window a willow trees withers and blooms. She sometimes hears it whisper her secrets of the pattern of its leaves. The tree tells her stories of men and women from another era where they conversed with trees like they conversed with one another.

"Why don't you do it now?" She asks the old willow tree.

"I talk all the time. But no one listens." The wise old tree replies. She is loss for words then.

"People stop listening to the whispers of the universe. They think reality is tangibility, measurability and rationality and thus they sever the cosmic connection between all the things in this universe." The old tree mourns for the loss of connection between humans and other living beings.

"What is reality then?" She questions the tree intrigued by its intelligence.

"Reality is a perception. Reality is a point of view. Reality is whatever people want it to be. Do you understand it?" The wise old tree questions her.

"No. Not really." She answers.

"Reality exists because people do not want to believe in the alternative. The alternative is too surreal, too complicated to understand and sometimes unable to understand at all. When people cannot put what they feel and know in words, they call it fantasy. As words have become the way of communication, reality merely reflects existence of the words itself." The tree sighs.

She understands perfectly the words of the wise old tree. When she tells her friends, they laugh at her. Her parents ignore her. She wonders if this is the way of the world and it breaks her heart when she realizes it indeed was so.

The chipmunk on the tree shares her sadness and a song bird whose name she does not know of sings her a melancholic tune whose lyrics make her cry. The bird tells her about the man who lives on the edge of dream and who dissolves into nothingness when morning star is the brightest. She asks the bird to take her message to him.

"Find him and tell him that I am waiting for him." The little bird chirps and flies way into the sky. 

Her reality is skewed, everyone says. She is bullied by her peers but she pays no attention to them. She stopped paying attention to common perception of reality a long time ago. They take her to rooftop and try scaring her of the height in which they were in.

She tells them that she is not afraid but only much closer to the sky.

That irks them even more.

They dare her to stand on the edge. She does not hesitate to do so. Autumn breeze steadies her and she smiles when it tells her a joke which it heard when it passed through a different lifetime.

"I will be always there." Autumn breeze tells her in absolute certainty.

A screech, a push and gentle nudge to her shoulder has her hanging on the ledge. People shout, her parents cry and many pray for her safety. A man holds her hand which now slippery due to her perspiration.

"Give me your other hand", he tells her urgently. "Please. Help me to save you." He pleads.

She looks around. She feels the same autumn breeze enveloping her in its veil. She sees the song bird sitting on the ledge.

"Did you find him?" She asks it eagerly.

"Girl, give me your other hand. Your hands are slipping away from mine." The man hurries her.

"I did find him, my lady", the bird chirps in reply.

Autumn breeze steadies its hold on her, scent of willow drowns her senses in its musk and the song bird sings a farewell song.

A sensory overload overcomes her and she begins her travel to the edge of the dream and her eyes close in anticipation.

And when her eyes finally close, she lets go of the hand that is holding her.

In her reality, she travels through here, there, everywhere and nowhere and between now and forever.

But in a reality which you and I believe in, she simply hit the ground.

Like the old willow tree said, reality is after all a perception.

Sookie

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

sakadafihamini_yashSur_106thElement-Aria-RadiantTreasurebhoomikauttamArushi.Girl_2007Prasanthisplnaish_punk

Prasanthi IF-Rockerz
Prasanthi
Prasanthi

Posted: 01 January 2010 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Hmmm.... reality is after all a perception. We appreciate or understand only that what we want to but never what we have to.

-Sookie-

RadiantTreasure IF-Dazzler
RadiantTreasure
RadiantTreasure

Debate Mansion Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 01 January 2010 at 11:22am | IP Logged
hey sookie*
another great story..
all i feel is that people just see nature but only some can feel it..
when they feel it may be they loose the connection with other human beings...
the girl wants her dream to become reality n when she faces the reality all think that shes dreaming..she got to her real world,while for others shes dead..
hmm..great story that was!!!
i still wonder how u get all these unique ideas..

May the new yr 2010 bring happiness,success,peace,hope & togetherness of you,your family &friends.wishing you a happy new year.
Happy new year 2010..
have a great year ahead..
all i wish is u to keep writing stories for me to explore!!!

sri:-)

-Sookie-

-Aria- IF-Dazzler
-Aria-
-Aria-

Posted: 01 January 2010 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Spoke to soon....
reality is after all a perception.
I do not support her decision...feel her pain though..and at some level feel sorry for her..

and if you look at things from a different perspective...let me give you a diff twist...

she could have passed for a baby bird....which was not ready to fly...in its own mind...or perhaps in reality.....and its first flight...

A

Edited by olive_green - 01 January 2010 at 12:23pm

-Sookie-

aish_punk IF-Sizzlerz
aish_punk
aish_punk

Posted: 01 January 2010 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
hey sookie..nice story..

She did'nt beleive in reality..wow..now thats something rare..she was a unique person with a diff thought..

the guy she dreamt of..she told a bird to find him n get him..n when she was fallin the bird had got him..

but i guess she did'nt understand that it was the same guy trying to help her?..n then she just hit the ground n died...hw sad..

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish

-Sookie-

Go to top