Writers Corner

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 29)

Post Reply New Post

Page 29 of 66

bhoomikauttam

IF-Dazzler

bhoomikauttam

Posted: 24 December 2009 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sookie*

Originally posted by bhoomikauttam

Untouchable, Sookie read it.. and soemwhere as a writer myself was wonderign if few of these perspective apply to me.. how things actions, smile do they affect my writing... would i sare soem of the lines with the world ever.. whcih i wrote with a perticular mood in mind from my personal life.. The some peice that u wrote brign a lot of things out..
I dont know the man.. and osmwhere i feel he is quite crazy but quite clean in his mind.. smoking thinking he is a observer and weird when world cant observe the inner self but surely try to judge by physcial apperance.
For me this piece was a transparent peice on the many creative heads writer u may say of arts parallel cinema if u go to see.. they r so much msilar ot this man.. not knowing where to go.. in writing btu flwoign around to see when somethign iss caguht something whic is beautifully penned with deep meanign to it..
The pen, the thoughts they could go together.. may be he love to be left alone with him and his pen where so much is said with others not having to say anythign on it.. words say an dnot him .. or his state..

its a welll written piece.. and am wondering how beautifully u can write the inner emotions .. i myself dont have words to define it.. but the way one feels sees things.. exactly touchign the sensivity of that emotions.. good work.. just keep writing.. as u do it so welll..
tc
Bhoomi

Hey Bhoomi,
thanks for your comment. Actually, I will have to disagree a bit here. Almost all talented people have some sort of a habit. I have a German colleague who is a genius programmer drinks coffee non-stop. As in he drinks at least 15 cups a day and is a caffine addict. People have certain affliction towards something to keep their momentum going.

thank you for liking it. :-)

Sookie

U disagree saying all talented people have some sort of habit? but where did i try and say that .. i guess i agree to that ..its just i can add that all talented people can have habit but not all habits are visible...
actually i was trygint o mention that the kind of person u mentioned its so very real and i feel i can relate to it even if i havnt met him.. the mind pictures him well..and as a writer can feel a lot of emotions while readign this piece...
anyways have a good day..tc
Bhoomi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 29)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sookie*

Untouchable, Sookie read it.. and soemwhere as a writer myself was wonderign if few of these perspective apply to me.. how things actions, smile do they affect my writing... would i sare soem of the lines with the world ever.. whcih i wrote with a perticular mood in mind from my personal life.. The some peice that u wrote brign a lot of things out..
I dont know the man.. and osmwhere i feel he is quite crazy but quite clean in his mind.. smoking thinking he is a observer and weird when world cant observe the inner self but surely try to judge by physcial apperance.
For me this piece was a transparent peice on the many creative heads writer u may say of arts parallel cinema if u go to see.. they r so much msilar ot this man.. not knowing where to go.. in writing btu flwoign around to see when somethign iss caguht something whic is beautifully penned with deep meanign to it..
The pen, the thoughts they could go together.. may be he love to be left alone with him and his pen where so much is said with others not having to say anythign on it.. words say an dnot him .. or his state..

its a welll written piece.. and am wondering how beautifully u can write the inner emotions .. i myself dont have words to define it.. but the way one feels sees things.. exactly touchign the sensivity of that emotions.. good work.. just keep writing.. as u do it so welll..
tc
Bhoomi

Hey Bhoomi,
thanks for your comment. Actually, I will have to disagree a bit here. Almost all talented people have some sort of a habit. I have a German colleague who is a genius programmer drinks coffee non-stop. As in he drinks at least 15 cups a day and is a caffine addict. People have certain affliction towards something to keep their momentum going.

thank you for liking it. :-)

Sookie

U disagree saying all talented people have some sort of habit? but where did i try and say that .. i guess i agree to that ..its just i can add that all talented people can have habit but not all habits are visible...
actually i was trygint o mention that the kind of person u mentioned its so very real and i feel i can relate to it even if i havnt met him.. the mind pictures him well..and as a writer can feel a lot of emotions while readign this piece...
anyways have a good day..tc
Bhoomi

~~ Edit ~~
True. Not all habits are visible. I am glad you think that this piece is quite realistic. :-)

Edited by Sookie* - 26 December 2009 at 9:57am

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Bete Noir

They call her mad, insane and a lunatic. She does not know what she is. She is loud, she smells of cheap liquor, lost hope, forgotten memories and sweaty clothes. People laugh and mock her when she passes by. She glares at them. She glares at everyone actually. She thinks people are laughing at her predicament. Sometimes she thinks they may be right. Few young mothers have taken into hushing their kids using her name as an excuse. Even with her insanity, she wonders how a human, a peer in the fellow species, is considered as a threat to another human. She thanks God that she is insane to not to understand this complexity.

Kids play pranks on her. She does not understand why anyone should play pranks in first place. She yells to show her discomfort. Kids laugh and adults snicker at her expense. If I get change of clothes and smell nice and talk the way they do, maybe the adults would admonish the kids, she thinks. People see what they want to see, her mind dictates. Her mouth however sprouts something crude which annoys the villagers even more. Her heart hurts for not being apologized to for silly pranks played on her.

She lives by the rules which she has made for herself. The rules of the society do not apply to her and she believes that she will accept only those which her conscious allows her to. She calls people around her zealots and bigots. The men ignore her indigenous static verbal backlashes while women mock her for the lack of her social etiquettes and many call her misanthropist. She ignores their words. They call her a woman without a conscience; because if she did, she would have taken their words to heart and tried to change her behavior. You have robbed me of my conscience, she argues with them. They do not understand what she means by that. She is too insane to explain the constant but subtle abuse by society and its participants. Being treated as a social stigma did not help her mental state much either.

The disjointedness between her heart and mind results in her madness, she believes. There must be a consciousness in her which is detached from the mind and that is what makes her act the way she does, she muses. Even for a mad woman, she has her moments of utter clarity and that is when she realizes that she misses her baby and she wishes she were dead. Like every other moment, this one passes too and she forgets everything that she thought about before.

Once her mind and heart are shunned to darkness, her insane mind tries to find reason why her face is wet all of a sudden. The moment is forgotten and she moves on to search for integrity under crevices and corners of shops. People laugh, she ignores and she lives.

Insanity prevails humanity.

Sookie.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Mridhulasakadafihamini_yashsejal1986RadiantTreasurebhoomikauttamArushi.Girl_2007splnaish_punk

RadiantTreasure

IF-Dazzler

RadiantTreasure

Debate Mansion Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged
hey sookie*
so its a story about a girl -insane / not but avoided for sure..
no one really understands her true feeling do they..they just cant ignore her n hurt her,,,
i could actually visualise it...
nice one..
good wishes..Smile
sri:-)

Edited by sri_4 - 25 December 2009 at 11:28am

-Sookie-

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 11:48am | IP Logged
hey welcome to the writers corner..  i really really love your story.. its really dark and well written.. and beautiful Embarrassed yeah dark and mysterious.. i like that LOL i like your style of writing too.. and using that font and cursive and everything.. hehe. i've only read the 2nd chpter so i'll just keep commenting in this post.. from what i've read so far this seems like a pretty awesome story. no wonder so many people like it Big smile keep it up Big smile

edit** okay.. i've realized that your updates aren't the continuing ur original story.. they're different aren't they? are they just scenes or thoughts that you have and you write them down like this? like you turn in into a .. whole little story thing.. anyway i really like it. and i like it better this way than continuing from the first one. and they always end in some kind of death thing LOL is that why its called death talkies..? a whole bunch of small short stories all involving some kind of misery or death? you're writing makes you seem a lot older than you probably are.. you're vocabulary and the way you look at life.. you just seem like this mysterious person with a bunch of ideas and different outlooks on life and the way things are.. and the way you express that into words is really interesting. its really different than anything i've ever seen here before.. you're writing is pretty awesome (im sure u already know that though lol) and i have to say the way you write makes me want to get to know you a little more as a frind.. sorry for rambling like that LOL you do a great job.. keep it up please Big smileClap you really inspire me to do a better job as a writer..  i have a lot of ideas and things but its hard for me to express that clearly.. anyway. looking forward to your response Smile

Edited by *Nishi* - 25 December 2009 at 12:54pm

-Sookie-

Mridhula

Mridhula

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Insanity Prevails Humanity...that's probably my favourite line....

it was definitely clear that everyone misunderstood her....they perceive what the wish and see what the wish, which covers a blanket over the truth....

she never fell for it....she controls her own life but yet has not fully come to accept that others can't accept it.

she doesn't know what she is, it probably doesn't matter now because the one thing that did matter - her baby, is no longer with her....

very beautifully written....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-KittuPratzz

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
another thing i really like about your stories is that you can express so much in just a few paragraphs.. like a whole different way of looking at something so short..

-Sookie-

-Aria-

IF-Dazzler

-Aria-

Posted: 25 December 2009 at 9:10pm | IP Logged

I don't know what to make of this one yet. . Each one perceives the other to be mad....but everyone is biased in their point of views..No one seems to know why she is what she is...or cares to...she is clearly not in the frame of mind to help herself...the world is full of such tales...the society creates its own outcasts..this reminds me of this mad woman..and i call her mad because her antics flashed before my eyes when i read your words...we only see the madness but don't know the cause...The last line opens up an interesting point - Insanity prevails humanity. ..i chose to interpret it as - insanity of the people defeats their humanity... She is the object of ridicule..In the end I feel sorry for her...fallen angel!

Edited by olive_green - 25 December 2009 at 9:18pm

-Sookie-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top