Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] - Page 12

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Pebblez

* be back :D

:) forcefully, i am back hahahah! But nah, when i read this, both the first and THIS time, i dont know why....but i remembered the Fountainhead...just because the fake world and all the pretentious frivolities around them, i got to see that for a first in that book...and then here :) I dont know why, it made me think..this might be an insight of how Dominique would see the world...imperfect, fake, pseudo...and yet people are happy in it! I liked it tons, did i ever tell you..you are so much better when in a crap mood? :P

And yeah, I sympathize over the New Moon torture you went through. Tch tch! *pats back*

Hmm...Interesting how it never really crossed my mind. This is actually reality and something that has been going on in my mind for past few years almost.
I am better in my crap mood? You got to explain that to me!
Thanks for your sympathy. I need it tonnes!
Originally posted by spln

i reckoni should guess where u talk of, eh? let's make my response a rhetoric, 'how's work... and its beings?'

cheers,
nj

Bingo Baby! Haven't I ranted enough about it?
Originally posted by spln

okay, so i realized i missed the immortals... and i wish it had remained... also i change my mind, for whatever frivolity you blame it upon... if i dislike the morbid stuff, this is a step lower...

sookie!! u must have a warning pre-note: this is NOT for those who cringe at the word 'twilight' YIKES!

ps: does this mean you have endured the new release already? pity you, if i should, after reading this post?! someone spelled out the review for it to me, something such, ... "its a good watch for the fans. it is however, not as good as the first..."

NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST... AS GOOD?! if i cared a little bit more, i might have checked out the reporter who wrote that review and written him/more likely her a hate mail :S

cheers blood sucker :P
~nj

Aaargghhhh! This has nothing to do with Twilight :-) Its Buffy and Angel!
And of all the things I write, you pick up the one which I ask you to avoid. !!!

Anyway, last night I watched New Moon. Why? Because I have something to rant about with everyone who says "Actions scenes are better than the first" or "Bella is better in this" or "Jacob v/s Edward" arguments.

Not to mention, you know the kind of things I read on the forum. Isn't that proof enough? :D

To say something isn't good, we should have an experience first hand to make that statement no?
:-)
Originally posted by aish_punk

hey sookie..nice one..

its true that some people just care about sucsess and ntn else..i really pity them!..they're happy with their life..but i just dont call that a life!..whats life widout friends and family? ..

thnx 4 d PM
do write more

-aish

I think the intent is little deeper than that. Its actually about corporate environment and how things are there.

Originally posted by anu.happy4ever

Sookie,

Read all the stories at one stretch and loved Heartland the most. You write sad stories so well!!

And, you know what? I read Twilight :(( I was curious about why people loved it so much. As a result, I am now furious with myself for reading it in spite of getting a warning alert from you. Oh, what a waste of precious time! I still don't get the reason why people are head over heels for that story. So plz, no vampires again!!

anyways, coming back to Death Talkies...not all the stories are about death, so why that name?

Anu

Anu!

Yeah, heartland is something else, isn't it? Thanks for the comment! Yep, I have a thing for sad stories and always believe that nice romantic and happy ones are overrated.
:-) See, I told ya!

This thread is dedicated to angst, depression, non-happy endings, mistakes, melancholy, frustrations, tragedy etc. Not every story is about death but none of them end in a happy note either.
Title is sort of a joke by NJ. It kind of gives warning to people who would want to drop by.

Sookie
Originally posted by olive_green

Will be back after the read

Edit*

my favorite bit has to be,
The flush green landscape covers the blackened soil that is identical of those with the intellectual soul who walks on the cemented pathway amidst the grass. They are indefinitely stuck in an oblivion unscathed by acceptance and fantasy.

that was strong and to the point.

here's a random question, so who is judging these people? and what's to say its even true? Is is possible that there has been an err in reading?

I am commenting this in the end because I needed sometime to think before answering your questions. Your question is not random but is very much tied to the piece.

Its me who is judging a bunch of people because I am trying very hard not to be like them and its making me fail in my role everyday.

When people take decision about other people in the lines of choosing a product because of its flavor or brand or just the way it looks, the whole system collapses and I lose trust in people's judgment. This drives me to be the cynic I am today, not believing in anything and questioning everything.

The first few words basically summed up the state of mind I was in. "Honor and honesty have no real meaning..."  Its possible that I have made an error in reading people around. But past few years have taught me that I am right in my observation.

I might have digressed a little, but did it answer your question?
Edited by Sookie* - 14 years ago
Call of silence

I look at him sleeping on his stomach, a newspaper cutting clutched in his hand. It's hard to take my eyes off the serene scene in front of me. His violin lay next to him on the bed, like an old lover. In a way, it was his old lover. I run my hands through his hair and he doesn't stir. I had met him in an old music store couple of years back. I was searching for a melody which I had heard on my way to work and had been searching ever since. It was hard to search for a just a tune, I had realized after a few weeks. But the nagging feeling hadn't left me and made me pursue my search even more vigorous than before.
The store was sandwiched between a popular deli and a supermarket. A friend had advised me to go there and talk to the owner. "He has hung around for a while", my friend had said.
There he was, in an old music store, tuning a violin and did so with so much of fervor and intensity that I felt as if I was a voyeur looking a very intimate moment. I stood there until he finished his task and tested his work by playing a lullaby.
He had looked up, gave me an inviting smile and asked me if I was searching for something.
I had replied - "Not anymore."
I hummed the tune which had taken a permanent residence in my head and looked at him expectantly. He shook his head but played me something else. I was okay with that.
After that we went for coffee and few weeks later we went on several dates. After three quarters of a year, I moved into the apartment where I am currently standing and staring at his sleeping form. It has been a wonderful year for both of us.
Once together, we had searched numerous music stores for the melody which I was searching. It had become sort of our thing.
He wrote music, I listened.
He just wrote and I simply listened.
When he played violin, I could not do anything. With that music, whatever I felt was everything and nothing; it was like sky diving and scuba diving at the same time. One minute there is so much energy and the next there is complete void. I never got to define what that feeling was. It just was.
I see his sleeping form and smile fondly. I wonder why everything is so unkempt around the apartment; newspaper cuttings, CDs were out of their cover and music sheets lay all over the place. I want to move around and start cleaning the place but something is stopping me from doing it. I wonder why.
There is a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I feel an oddity surrounding the air and a feeling of dreadfulness washes over me. What is wrong?
I see that there is a music sheet right below the violin and few notes seem familiar. It takes only a moment for me to realize that it was exactly the same tune I had been searching for couple of years now. The elation in me makes me cry in joy and I start shaking him out of his sleep. He doesn't budge however the newspaper clipping which was clutched in his hands flutter out and fall beside his hand.
I am surprised to see a picture of myself in that clipping. It was my obituary which was published three weeks back. I collapse on the bed and let tears fall, silently accepting my fate.
The melody lay forgotten.

Sookie
hey sookie*
another great story or say tragedy..
love the way u experiment with different themes..
this time its MUSIC..wow!!!
loved to read u r one-shots at any time of day..cos they make me think n think and my day seems to be filled with lot of work..but still i dont understand them sometimes..
anyways..
thanks for effort u take to write these beautiful stories..
good wishes..
have a great day..
and do PM me when ever u update any story..
sri:-)
Reserving my space. Will be back

Edit>

Sookie!! for once my friend, I was angry at you! 3/4ths of the way into the piece and knowing this thread- I started getting a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach- it evolved to a nasty churn by the time I reached the end. Why oh why? so much sadness? I ask. I wished she were not a spirit but alive- as much as there is beauty in that- there is greater in life- sigh! I felt so sorry for her. I almost feel like this thread and my experimental AR piece are at two ends- thematically. Would you agree?

Getting back to my random question, yes you have answered my not so random question but one that was tied to the post itself. Now that you explained what prompted those thoughts, it makes much more sense than a broad generalization in which case, it may even be unfair as I was prompting at. Even if I realized it was based on some real experience, I was looking at it in a different way. Thanks for reply.

Edited by olive_green - 14 years ago
Originally posted by sri_4

hey sookie*
another great story or say tragedy..
love the way u experiment with different themes..
this time its MUSIC..wow!!!
loved to read u r one-shots at any time of day..cos they make me think n think and my day seems to be filled with lot of work..but still i dont understand them sometimes..
anyways..
thanks for effort u take to write these beautiful stories..
good wishes..
have a great day..
and do PM me when ever u update any story..
sri:-)

Hello Sri

Yeah, its a tragedy. It was written a long time ago. I thought this one was pretty straight forward?
Thanks for your appreciation.

Have a nice day.
Sookie