Writers Corner
Writers Corner

India-Forums

Death Talkies: Wheel of Time [Apr/04 P66] (Page 13)

-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Doppelganger

Honor and honesty have no real meaning in these buildings with tinted glass, glossy corridors and expensive upholstery; its a place of irony, skepticism and deception. A brilliant facade of intellectual and polite conversations embellished with insecurity enshrouds this campus's inhabitants. This place is its own world, its own society. The flush green landscape covers the blackened soil that is identical of those with the intellectual soul who walks on the cemented pathway amidst the grass. They are indefinitely stuck in an oblivion unscathed by acceptance and fantasy. Their monotony of the life is mistaken for abundance independence, freedom and lifestyle.They are truly lost in relationships with warped sense of romanticism, brilliant career and a stunning financial stability. A bittersweet melancholy that sets amidst the taut muscles of the heart seldom surfaces on their senses and they stop mid-step because of that. A shake of head, a shrug of shoulders, a private smile and that melancholy is lost. They return to the alternate universe of dim lighted pathways and successful business endeavors.
And they adore their lives that way.

~Sookie

PS: Cynicism is never a conscious decision. When when one human's trust is violated to achieve a win in a petty ego war, cynicism is an escape and also a security blanket.

Edited by Sookie* - 27 November 2009 at 9:40am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Mridhulaanu.happy4eversakadafihamini_yashsejal1986-Blossy-PebblezSur_10-Aria-RadiantTreasureJaponicaPrasanthiGirl_2007splnaish_punk6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6

Mridhula Newbie
Mridhula
Mridhula

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 9:49am | IP Logged
thanks for that....it gave me a clear view of things....at least as far as cynicism is concerned...
it well written, and true...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Prasanthi IF-Rockerz
Prasanthi
Prasanthi

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:12am | IP Logged
reserved

Hey Sookie!

A well put thoughts....awesome! Is that not what we actually see around..people... living for false prestiges...hmmm!

Favourites in this are:
They are truly lost in relationships with warped sense of romanticism, brilliant career and a stunning financial stability.

They return to the alternate universe of dim lighted pathways and successful business endeavors.
And they adore their lives that way.

BINGO!! :D

Edited by Prasanthi - 27 November 2009 at 11:14am

-Sookie-

-Aria- IF-Dazzler
-Aria-
-Aria-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Will be back after the read

Edit*

my favorite bit has to be,
The flush green landscape covers the blackened soil that is identical of those with the intellectual soul who walks on the cemented pathway amidst the grass. They are indefinitely stuck in an oblivion unscathed by acceptance and fantasy.

that was strong and to the point.

here's a random question, so who is judging these people? and what's to say its even true? Is is possible that there has been an err in reading?

Edited by olive_green - 28 November 2009 at 9:57pm

-Sookie-

RadiantTreasure IF-Dazzler
RadiantTreasure
RadiantTreasure

Debate Mansion Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
hey sookie*
sorry for late reply..was busy..
anyways..loved both of them..
the first one showed a vampire who trapped a girl to quench his desire yet feel sorry for her..hmm...wonder if vampires exist in real,,,,
the second shows a very different story ,loved this line
"Their monotony of the life is mistaken for abundance independence, freedom and lifestyle."
thnks fro PM and keep PMing me..
good wishes...
sri:-)

-Sookie-

Pebblez Goldie
Pebblez
Pebblez

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
* be back :D

:) forcefully, i am back hahahah! But nah, when i read this, both the first and THIS time, i dont know why....but i remembered the Fountainhead...just because the fake world and all the pretentious frivolities around them, i got to see that for a first in that book...and then here :) I dont know why, it made me think..this might be an insight of how Dominique would see the world...imperfect, fake, pseudo...and yet people are happy in it! I liked it tons, did i ever tell you..you are so much better when in a crap mood? :P

And yeah, I sympathize over the New Moon torture you went through. Tch tch! *pats back*

Edited by Pebblez - 29 November 2009 at 1:09am

-Sookie-

spln IF-Sizzlerz
spln
spln

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 1:15am | IP Logged
i reckoni should guess where u talk of, eh? let's make my response a rhetoric, 'how's work... and its beings?'

cheers,
nj

-Sookie-

spln IF-Sizzlerz
spln
spln

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 1:23am | IP Logged
okay, so i realized i missed the immortals... and i wish it had remained... also i change my mind, for whatever frivolity you blame it upon... if i dislike the morbid stuff, this is a step lower...

sookie!! u must have a warning pre-note: this is NOT for those who cringe at the word 'twilight' YIKES!

ps: does this mean you have endured the new release already? pity you, if i should, after reading this post?! someone spelled out the review for it to me, something such, ... "its a good watch for the fans. it is however, not as good as the first..."

NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST... AS GOOD?! if i cared a little bit more, i might have checked out the reporter who wrote that review and written him/more likely her a hate mail :S

cheers blood sucker :P
~nj

Edited by spln - 28 November 2009 at 1:24am

-Sookie-

Go to top