25. Maundy Thursday - Page 47
26. Touchstone - Page 49
27. Soulmates - Page 51
28. Gravity of the Gallows - Page 52
29. Season of mists - Page 54
30. Ordo Ab Chao - Page 58
31. Poornahuti - Page 63
32. Wheel of Time - Page 66

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning Star

And if I wish upon that Star
Someday I'll be where you are...

--- Bryan Adams (Back to you)

I look at my bloodstained and beaten up body and wonder what kind of monsters they were to do this to me. I don't remember how I ended up in this place nor do these surroundings seem familiar. Sometimes, I welcome the torture as I would hope that death would be my ultimate punishment. Every time I have tried to embrace death, it was whisked away from me, leaving me feel disappointed and hollow. I feel my eyes pricking, tears threatening to spill out. I console myself and then I feel this sudden crave for human touch. It seems like a lifetime since I have felt the warmth of a touch, sound of laughter and companionship. Before I realize what is happening, I collapse and start sobbing uncontrollably. My body rocks as cry harder and harder. And then suddenly, I sense something fly over my head. For the first time since I am in this place, I am intrigued. I see a man with snow white wings landing graciously on top of a small hill. I start my trek slowly towards the hill wishing to talk to him. There is a smile on his face and is looking towards the sky. It looked as though he was talking to the morning star. Morning star is bright and shining and looks like she is sharing an intimate conversation with him. Looking at him, the sky and his glorious wings almost takes my breath away. Seeing him gives me a strange sense of calmness and pure happiness. Suddenly I realize that I have stopped breathing. I start choking and gasping for oxygen and get this dreadful feeling in my stomach that I am going to die. At this moment death was the last thing I wanted. Not when I had a shot at happiness.

I see him hovering in front of me his feet barely couple of inches from the ground. I look at his beautiful face and his smile comforts me. His eyes soothes me and seems to tell me that everything is going to be alright. I stop my struggle for air and start to feel things around me. I could feel the breeze gently caressing my bruised skin, grass underneath my feet soft and cool and finally a calmness that I felt in his presence. I heard him saying something. I was too lost in this new sensation that was going on in my mind, body and soul and completely missed what he said. He repeated his words, this time slowly, which were like rustling of leaves on a cool autumn evening.

"Welcome to Hell"

Morning star shone brighter.
Edited by -Sookie- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey Sookie!!!

Thanks for the link :D!

Hell... oh no.. I thought its going be heaven.. okay.. interesting. Count me in for the further reads.

PS: By the way Welcome to the Writers Corner!!!! :D
Pebblez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
I remembered, as usual, our convo from this :D the one we had regarding this topic...and then suddenly, (blame it on Greys) i remembered some line of bailey's...about not going towards the light when its the most appealing thing to do..guess your protagonist just did that :D i wonder if its a continuation or just a one-shot..i wudnt mind either :) mystifying yet very intriguing stuff!!

HB *winks* i will keep syaign that till the day ends...

Kiran!!
safeplacetoland thumbnail

Very interesting! You are a talented writer. I want to read more!!

RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome as usual sookie...love all u r posts...
will comment again in detail after my exams..
please do PM me if u have time for next update..
good wishes...
sri:-)
aish_punk thumbnail
hey sookie..sweet story..

Who thought that hell would be nice?..but then she did discover..seeing that angelic guy..!..

do write more

-aish
iwantitall thumbnail
sookiieee amaziinnn!!!
pm me whenn u update!
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Fly with me

Maybe redemption has stories to tell; Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here.
- Switchfoot (Dare you to move)

I inspected my apartment for one last time. I am not sure if I am going to miss it and I am not sure if I am going to remember any of this at all. I didn't bother to lock the tiny apartment. I decided to ditch elevator this time and take the stairs. I whistled all the way down and started walking towards my destination. I had all the time in the world and there was no hurry. Two weeks ago I had celebrated by 34th birthday. Alone. In my apartment. I have no special someone nor a close knit family. I am an ordinary looking guy with an ordinary job and ordinary attitude. There was nothing special about me or was there anything different. Just ordinary. Plain and simple.
I reached my destination. It was a run down place. A building that was left to ruins because of some legal hassle but currently home for drug addicts, prostitutes and homeless kids. The thing that attracted people like me to this building was the stunning view of the city from its terrace and a damn fantastic place to jump. Yes, that's the reason why I am here. You know after some years it kind of gets boring. Doing the same thing, being alone; such a bummer. Its not like anyone is going to miss me if I end my life, would they?
I slowly make it to the terrace drenched in my own thoughts. Once I reached the top, I saw that someone had already beaten me to that point. I saw a girl, perhaps in her twenties sitting on the ledge, her back to me.
"It's a beautiful view from here, isn't it?"
I was never the one to start a conversation, but today nothing ever mattered. And then, she looked at me. It was truly beautiful. Her mascara had merged with her tears was running down her cheeks leaving a black trail at its wake. Her lips had the reddest of the red lipstick which was smudged on her chin. Her attire was truly atrocious. She had these fishnet stockings which had holes as big as my life, a cheap dress and unkempt hair. She smelled of cheap perfume, cigarettes and alcohol. Her eyes, I could get lost in them. She was so beautiful. She was broken.
"You are beautiful."
If there wasn't such a ruckus in this building, she would have definitely heard me mentally slapping myself. Can I get any lamer? Really!
"I know what I am. But thanks anyway."
I gave her a tiny smile. I was full of bravery today. I know how people think that its only a coward who can think of giving up his life but then why is everyone so damn scared of dying? Mustering up with whatever courage I had, I told her.
"You are imperfect in every imaginable way. You are a hooker, with no family, no home, no education and no respect in society. The men you see in your profession have reduced you to this. The scars on your body is nothing compared to the scars on your mind. You have been reduced to this bundle of pain and mess. Every cell in your body screams of imperfection and being an outcast. Then again, I have never been a fan of perfection. There is a beauty in everything that constitutes to your imperfection. There is a fragility in your stance that gives you a vulnerable aura that many girls practice in front of a mirror. And those eyes of yours are truly windows to your soul. Pure and unblemished. If you put life back into your smile, then perhaps you can give all the Broadway models a run for their money. You are like a beautiful broken porcelain doll."
"I actually have come here to make that final jump. Thanks for your kind words. You have a wonderful poetic heart."
"Poetic heart? That's so....Byronic. Its more f**ked up heart. I am here for the jump too. Say, why don't we fly together?"
"Fly where?"
"Anywhere from here. Anywhere you want to. As long as I can tag along with you."
I can't believe it. I am flirting with this girl and my life is almost over. Almost, but not quite.
"I always wanted to see the sunset from a beach. Shall we go there then?"
We were both smiling by now. I was unnaturally calm and serenely happy. I took her hand in mine and we smiled at each other.
"See you at the beach."
For the next few minutes all I could feel was the chilly wind wafting through my hair, her warm hands in mine and a sense of release. We were flying.

~Sookie

safeplacetoland thumbnail
Beautiful, marvellous!! But why does all your stories end with death??
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NidheyaCole

Beautiful, marvellous!! But why does all your stories end with death??

😃 
All these stories were written five or so years ago and I just picked one of them from the bunch.
I didn't realize the pattern I was setting.
Will post something light next time.

Thanks for your comments!

PS: My FF's are definitely not this strong. They are mostly err....philosophical and borderline preach-y :-)