Debate Mansion

OBama's Bow in Japan- criticized. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Every action has a context, you just dont evaluate one action in a vacuum.

The democrats once upon a time made an issue of Bush shaking hands with the Saudi King, given the background that Bush comes from a Oil family. Sucessfully portraying everything Bush did was for Oil. Now it is the time of the Republicans, they claim that Obama tends to offend friends but makes overfriendly gestures towards tradtional rivals/folks who were subservient to America and they are trying to build up a case with Obama's mishaps with the Queen of England. The Saudi King and now this.

Depending on your inclination, you tend to find one to be true and other to be a superficial thing. Although both are two sides of the same coin.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OBama's Bow in Japan- criticized. (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
i think it's just absurd. it is always good for one leader to understand the custom and cultures of another countries, one who can do so can conquer the world and blend with the world wherever he or she is. it's just the stupidity of the american people or whoever complain and criticizing this act because they don't know and understand and appreciate other people.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
There are three types of people criticizing Obama.

One group of conservatives or Republican affiliates is as CPM says merely getting back at him. It may not seem reasonable or fair. I disagree with them. But it is politics, and thats what it sometimes comes down too. People did go over the top in criticizing George Bush sometimes even when there was nothing to criticize.

The second group is ignorant Americans who are unaware of global culture. They are self absorbed. Pride and assertiveness are desirable qualities in individualistic culture. Bending is a sign of great weakness. So they judge Obama by these standards. They view it as their leader weakly swallowing his pride. They have scant understanding of the importance of humility and respect in Eastern Cultures and why a leader has to be tactful, humble and diplomatic.

The third group is just angry Americans who need a reason to be angry. You find them shopping at Wal-Mart.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaSummer3

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by gumsum

Originally posted by Summer3

The commander in chief of USA. Anyways summerjee, your avi is not going with ur imageDisapprove

My Avi of Aamir ? Oh I used it because he acted well in Ghajini.
Okay will change it.
He looks old nowadaysOuch.

Its too late for me and my milk is over too. gnight guysSleepy.
Ah there is nothing wrong in aging gracefully. No one wants to hang around on earth too long.LOL
You changed itBig smile, sweet!!! I like your new avi, goes with the image.

Ya, there is nothing wrong in aging gracefully and I like Hema malini for thatTongue

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

There are three types of people criticizing Obama.

One group of conservatives or Republican affiliates is as CPM says merely getting back at him. It may not seem reasonable or fair. I disagree with them. But it is politics, and thats what it sometimes comes down too. People did go over the top in criticizing George Bush sometimes even when there was nothing to criticize.

The second group is ignorant Americans who are unaware of global culture. They are self absorbed. Pride and assertiveness are desirable qualities in individualistic culture. Bending is a sign of great weakness. So they judge Obama by these standards. They view it as their leader weakly swallowing his pride. They have scant understanding of the importance of humility and respect in Eastern Cultures and why a leader has to be tactful, humble and diplomatic.

The third group is just angry Americans who need a reason to be angry. You find them shopping at Wal-Mart.
Though I don't shop at wal-mart (I actually don't even have one where I live), would like to know what's wrong in shopping thereConfused? If you are not a self absorbed American yourself, why to have such a prejudice against those who shop at walmart. And as far as president's bowing goes nothing wrong with that, its just that I find him a bit dramatic and shallow at times, not that I liked Bush any better. But seriously I want to see this man (Obama) in action not just in pictures then I will change my opinion.
Btw Bill Clinton is my manBig smile

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by angie.4u

theres no end t criticism nor is there any escape. Even Sachin tendulkar was criticised for saying he is proud to be a maharatrian but hes 1st an indian & that mumbai is part of india ! Cant C why thackrey Sr found that objectionable.

Because Thackrey Sr is a di*khead just like his nephew.  Can't stand these two goons.

same here, they are j**ksLOLLOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:05pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Though I don't shop at wal-mart (I actually don't even have one where I live), would like to know what's wrong in shopping thereConfused? If you are not a self absorbed American yourself, why to have such a prejudice against those who shop at walmart. 

Because I am a true Yankee and we reject all things southern. Except for them precious accents. LOL

Edited by return_to_hades - 17 November 2009 at 10:05pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top