Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: immunoblot

I know the anthem... I learnt it during the 2006 soccer worldcup... but I know that many don't. It is because they are ashamed of being too nationalistic. ☯️

@Fire ji: NO, that isn't definitive. I know, that the word isn't as clean as you'd like it to be. ☯️

this is not end of list.. even i have link of indiatimes where they metioned katrina and  other people who came outside of india"firangi"  ...........best thing i can say  indian goverment is not fool that they will allow a  tv channel on the name"firangi" if it points towards racism....still if  it is not definitive then there is no reason to blame bakhityaar ..because it doesn;t have any defination if it is soπŸ˜‰
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: fire_gun

people who saying firangi has to do sum thing racism...see this-

http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/firangi  its from uk ..not from indian site

second one-----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farangi
 thrid one ------- its a tv channel named "firangi" airing in india from last year.....

.i hope it will be enough to clear that firangi nothing has to do with racism......πŸ˜‰

Zee.. there is a difference here. Firangi as a word itself is not bad.. but when you refer to someone by that word.. it becomes offencive. You tell me is poppadum a bad word? It is actually very yummy to eat but when Jade referred to Shilpa as "poppadum" it became offencive.. hope you get the difference. 😊
ishurockss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
firangi is NOT a racist word! It means foreigner..which she is! It is same as calling someone FOB or immigrant which are NOT racist either. Its just a way of addressing ppl from diff country.
Also sometimes not the actual word, but the intention behind it makes it racist. And if Bhakti was saying ki woh hamara kaam cheente hai and all...thr is nothing wrong in tht. Not all Indians think that way. Its the same when some foreigners object to asians working in their country and snatching their jobs away. Which does'nt mean all foreigners think the same.
Seriously we Indians have a habit of bending our backs for foreigners, even where it is not required!

susan29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I know the anthem... I learnt it during the 2006 soccer worldcup... but I know that many don't. It is because they are ashamed of being too nationalistic. ☯️

@Fire ji: NO, that isn't definitive. I know, that the word isn't as clean as you'd like it to be. ☯️

So if you were in BB house you would not have nominated claudia for BI's reason. 😊Wonder what BI fans will say to this !!!
Edited by susan29 - 14 years ago
immunoblot thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: susan29

So if you were in BB house you would not have nominated claudia for BI's reason. 😊Wonder what BI fans will say to this !!!

BI fans will want to burn me on a stake... Should I be bothered?!πŸ˜›
susan29 thumbnail

BI fans will want to burn me on a stake... Should I be bothered?!πŸ˜›

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† are u around tonight? did u see yesterday's show?
immunoblot thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: susan29

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† are u around tonight? did u see yesterday's show?

I did... enjoyed it a lot...
Today... it is only 1619 Hrs in Western Europe... and I still have three hours of work to do... So, I hope I can join in today... 😍
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^^ don't miss today's show and IF discussion guys.. aaj tota/maina pinjre main band hone waala/waali haiπŸ˜‰.. what fun it will be πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
susan29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: purva

^^ don't miss today's show and IF discussion guys.. aaj tota/maina pinjre main band hone waala/waali haiπŸ˜‰.. what fun it will be πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I think they did this cause they felt they will end up bashing each other.... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
susan29 thumbnail

I did... enjoyed it a lot...
Today... it is only 1619 Hrs in Western Europe... and I still have three hours of work to do... So, I hope I can join in today... 😍

Precise time wow.....1619.....dont 😍 just come πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†