Perception is bigger than Reality - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
I guess the ultimate destination would be when perception and reality become one and the same. Which means either every thought takes a form or we reach a stage where there are no more thoughts.
Originally posted by Summer3

I guess the ultimate destination would be when perception and reality become one and the same. Which means either every thought takes a form or we reach a stage where there are no more thoughts.
This is called Nirvana which few people claim to achieve for a short period of time, Gautam Budhha was one of them.
Originally posted by gumsum

This is called Nirvana which few people claim to achieve for a short period of time, Gautam Budhha was one of them.
Yes quite true. Nirvana is basically samadhi, and even samadhi is of various grades and magnitude. Nirvikalpa samadhi is the highest.

I was highly amused to hear on the radio this morning that The Royal Malaysian Police   Force will be conducting a study to identify ways in which to improve public perception towards the force.😛

The cost of the study is clearly justified as it is obviously much more prudent and important to modify perception rather than reality. Why improve the police force itself when one can merely improve the public's assessment of it?😊

After all it is of vital importance that I, and every other Malaysian, perceive the men in blue to be knights in shining armour who will create a safe and secure environment for us to live in.😊

The fact that most of us have a heightened sense of fear and concern for our well-being and security these days is merely indicative of a problem with our perception, and not at all related to reality.😳

It must also be of little significance that every time I get into my car, I have to remember to lock the doors straight away for fear of rogues trying to rob me in broad daylight when I stop at the traffic lights.

It must be of minimal consideration that when I am walking on public roads I have to clutch my handbag closely and look around nervously for approaching snatch thieves.😆

It is inconsequential that I, a law-abiding citizen who diligently abides by traffic rules, am often harassed by road bullies and Mat Rempits who behave as if we live in a police-less state.

Obviously, the urgency of overcoming all these issues pale in comparison to the need to improve the IMAGE of the police force.😊

This PR campaign by the force is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Malaysia today. When a problem crops up, the root causes are rarely given any recognition let alone dealt with. A whole bunch of loud-mouths shake their heads and jerk their knees before handing out responses which are solely and often erroneously aimed at addressing the various consequences of the problem rather than the basis of it.😃

Increase in the number of rapes, amongst other social ills? We are told to look towards Bollywood and the depraved, morally corrupt rubbish disguised as entertainment it churns out every year.

It is evidently unquestionable that some famous Khan staring lustily at the tanned, glistening torso of some equally famous Kapoor results in men rushing out to rape any and every woman who comes their way; not the lack of sex-education in schools nor the lack of awareness around women's rights and respect for the fairer sex.😳

Clearly a three-hour song, dance melodrama is capable of driving individuals to commit heinous crimes. Remove Bollywood from the equation and, Hey Presto, problem fixed! Or so they will have us believe.😉

Students not doing well learning Mathematics and Science in English? No Worries! Let's just change it back to Bahasa Malaysia, which is a lot easier to do than to identify and manage the real reasons behind the failure.

Why train teachers in the subjects to be more competent in English? Why bother equipping rural schools with the material needed to make the initiative a success? It's all too much hard work. Much, much easier to abandon the whole thing altogether and redirect attention to yet another change to yet another education policy.😛

A politician uttering racist statements? Unbelievable! How dare he? We must act immediately – by arresting the journalist who reported on the incident. Clearly, the country's peace and well-being were gravely threatened, not by the incident itself, but by the public being informed of it.  One cannot be too critical however, since the arrest was made with noble intentions; after all it is clearly standard practice to apprehend someone in order to "protect" them.😃

The next time I feel threatened, I too shall quickly make my way to the nearest police station and immediately request to be handcuffed and placed behind bars.😊

But I digress. The point I make is this.

Rather than dealing with the origin of problems, there appears to be an overwhelming tendency to sweep it under the proverbial carpet and once that carpet bulges, to pile another carpet on top of it, and so forth.😳

From the banning of concerts which are claimed to threaten our values and morals, to the periodic thinly veiled threats of internet censorship to protect us from malicious, mendacious, deceit filled content, of which some are coincidentally not very government friendly, to feel good catch-phrases like Malaysia Boleh and 1 Malaysia, most issues in this country are dealt with at a superficial level.

We are deemed incapable of making up our own minds and therefore campaigns and other public relations exercises are needed to lovingly but firmly guide us in the 'right' direction.😊

Layer after layer of band-aids is generously applied every time a problem arises but underneath it all, the wound remains raw and open, festering further rather than beginning the long process of healing.

Public perception is merely a reflection of how the public feels. And therefore to want to be viewed as representing competency, capability and efficiency, one simply has to be competent, capable and efficient.😃

The Royal Malaysian Police Force is, like any other public institution, subject to criticism that is sometimes unfair but in many instances also warranted. It would do well to accept the public's present assessment of it as an appeal from all Malaysians for it to better itself rather than spend time, effort and money in deflecting from the real issue.😳

It is in the simplest of terms, the reality, not our perception, that requires improvement.😊

C89😉

Ah Malaysia unfortunately has quite a history of crimes especially in the southern state of Johore and also in the capital, Kuala Lumpur itself. This is factual and evident based on several persons visiting or living in that area. The root of the problem could be unequal distribution of wealth and limited job opportunities for the masses. Also corruption is another problem and it is unfortunate that the Government does not seem to be taking the problem seriously.
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

there is no reality ! its all perception 😉 Just wake up shikhooo 😃 long time no see or is it just my perception ?

ya...
perception is all around us.😉
i was there sunny...i didn't noticed...that's ur perception.😆

Originally posted by rongna

well we see reality from perception

i guess...reality is perception again.

but yes..u r right..😳
Originally posted by Summer3

Well Suny we cannot see you as you are a ghost, so there is no perception. But the reality is you exist, so Reality is greater.😆

BTW.. SUMMER we also cann't see u. becoz u r not SRk FOR sure...
it's my perception that..u both r different individual n u exist.😉

Originally posted by Believe

I believe perceptions grow and change as per time.....perceptions plural so we can say it different ways...bt truth is one...I think modified definition of truth is perception......its a learning process...😊

ya...of course !

but...pls tell how to know what is reality..may be it is again our perception.😛
Originally posted by tetuty66

Sometimes reality is confusing.....
And depends on perception....
Batao how will you percieve this
glass is half filled or half empty?
😆

beautiful example...
every perception is reality.😆