Joined: 14 December 2006
THESE ARE ENTRIES TO A WASHINGTON POST COMPETITION
ASKING FOR A TWO-LINE RHYME
WITH THE MOST ROMANTIC FIRST LINE,
AND THE LEAST ROMANTIC SECOND LINE:
1. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you has screwed up my life.
2. I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming.
3. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not.
4. Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only slept with you 'cause I was pissed.
5. I thought that I could love no other
-- that is until I met your brother.
6. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's
empty and so is your head.
7. I want to feel your sweet embrace;
But don't take that paper bag off your face.
8. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!
9. My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way?
1 0. My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe 'Go to hell.'
11. What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime.
WHO SAID POETRY IS BORING
Joined: 31 August 2007
Joined: 01 February 2009
Joined: 18 February 2005
Joined: 28 February 2009
Joined: 29 September 2008
Joined: 25 November 2008
Joined: 29 November 2009
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|Poetry Zone||*~Sapna~*||392||46623||28 August 2014 at 3:48am
|~*Poetry Contest Winners & Runners-Up!!!*~||-Mystery-||29||3715||22 August 2009 at 9:24am
|*Poetry Contest* VOTE now!!!||-Mystery-||49||6284||13 July 2009 at 7:32pm
|*~*Poetry Contest*~* Deadline June 30th!||-Mystery-||42||3801||03 July 2009 at 12:35pm
|Mother's Day Poetry Contest||ramas||12||7477||08 June 2009 at 10:54am