Page 4 of 12

Purrrfect

IF-Dazzler

Purrrfect

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bambooshoot

Originally posted by Raghuraj

Originally posted by Awww

To add to my above post...the funny thing is, Joy did not want to sing the Song that Raja proposed to sing, but Joy wanted to sing a song that he can easily hide his flaws...what kinda song is that anyway for a competition? Anyway, despite Joy got to sing the song he wanted to sing, Raja scored higher.

I loved the way Raja showed sportsman ship by saying "Rajasthan ki taraf se Assam ko" and after the song, he hugged Joy!

That was just a mock fight to keep viewers glued to TV to see what happened.Smile

Exactly what I felt! This was totally scripted. Dhantetan is the only song that suits both of them perfectly. Raja's voice suits Sukhwinder's perfectly and Joy's suits Vishal's perfectly. Was it surprising that Raja got more marks than Joy in this? Everyone knows that he is a much better singer than Joy. Does anyone have a doubt? Joy is a good MD and it shows in the way he managed the team.

Raja is a damn good singer, but the phrase "best of the best" should be reserved only for the rarest of the rare. Best of the best goes beyond versatality. It's being versatile and being the best even in that. It means bringing a wow to the audience's lips in every song that he/she sings. Or to be close, bringing a wow to some kind of songs, and at least bringing justice to the other kind. Raja and his team were pretty good on Sat (but so were Abhigyan and Anamika), but they could not bring justice to SD Burman's compositions  (except for Priyanka who I thought was pretty good in mose chal. I honestly didn't understand the flaws pointed out by the judges. Maybe I do not have enough knowledge to do so). And that was the main reason for the downfall of Rajasthan. Now, I just hope someone doesn't say that SD Burman's songs are ghisa pita songs. Wink

Unfortunately, I see a deja vu of the hostility of the time after the 2005 Championship results. Only difference is last time it was Aneek and this time it is poor Abhigyan. Last time, results were blamed on public voting and this time on the biased judges like Suresh Wadekar (who I think is the most capable judge ever). I remember MB's thread comparing Raja and mini Aneek. At that time, there were so many objections to the topic. So now why this discussion? And no, I do not agree at all with the person who says that Raja has an attitude problem. He has accepted his mistakes and defeat most gracefullyClapClapClap. So why can't his fans?

On a different note, I 100% agree that Raja is a great singer and will do very well in future. Like I say for the other singers, I think that he too should reduce his shows and concentrate on his singing.

Here's wishing him the best!
Raja is rarest of rare - he is that too! Best is always rare Big smile
This topic is not started to compare Abhigyan vs Raja - pls read my initial post carefully. I have said "Those who compare Abhigyan to Raja" - so my post is refering to those who choose to do so - as I don't see the reason one should do that. The other topic "Mini Aneek vs Raja" was sounding controversial.

I never blamed judges for being biased, yes I do feel that some of the songs were over rated and some under rated , like you said that you could not understand where Priyanka went wrong in Mose Chal - that's my exact my point, some songs I thought were average but were given more marks e.g Saawariya and than there was a good performance by Priyanka and she scored less.

Aneek won the challenge C2007, Kudos to him - Raja won Ek Se Bhadkar Ek, so Kudos to Raja.  Infact Aneek and Raja are in awesome terms, so there is no reason for either side of fans to be hostile against each other. 

Thank you for agreeing that Raja is a great singer and he is already doing well - but Ameen to your best wishes for him.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Raja is the best of best! (Page 4)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

HakkaBakka

Goldie

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

HakkaBakka

Goldie

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:18pm | IP Logged

HakkaBakka

Goldie

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HakkaBakka

Originally posted by Awww

Raja is rarest of rare - he is that too! Best is always rare Big smile
This topic is not started to compare Abhigyan vs Raja - pls read my initial post carefully. I have said "Those who compare Abhigyan to Raja" - so my post is refering to those who choose to do so - as I don't see the reason one should do that. The other topic "Mini Aneek vs Raja" was sounding controversial.

I never blamed judges for being biased, yes I do feel that some of the songs were over rated and some under rated , like you said that you could not understand where Priyanka went wrong in Mose Chal - that's my exact my point, some songs I thought were average but were given more marks e.g Saawariya and than there was a good performance by Priyanka and she scored less.

Aneek won the challenge C2007, Kudos to him - Raja won Ek Se Bhadkar Ek, so Kudos to Raja.  Infact Aneek and Raja are in awesome terms, so there is no reason for either side of fans to be hostile against each other. 

Thank you for agreeing that Raja is a great singer and he is already doing well - but Ameen to your best wishes for him.

I object here and before writing I want to say "Sorry" to one person who is his biggest fan and a wonderful forum member "Malaysian Girl". Aneek voice is not mature and will never mature at this age. But I still wish Aneek makes his name in industry.

Aneek is a wonderful singer, best in the industry in terms of feel and expression. yes his voice was a bit youngish, but I think it has matured much more now. Do not worry MG is a die hard fan and she understands very well.Smile

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by slumdog

Originally posted by gengarjetty2

how can some fellow so unversatile be called best of the best..

hes good in his own right.
Till now Indian music could give one and only one Versatile singer. I think you better know who is he.
I know him, he is none other than Abhijeet Bhattacharya. Cool
I think he is Yatharth, Gengu loves his yoddling...Wink
Gengu Bhai is also a Kumar Sanu lover.LOL

bambooshoot

Goldie

bambooshoot

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:40pm | IP Logged

Awwww....I'm sorry if you felt that I was solely referring to your opening post. I'm referring to the discussion that is going on in recent topics. My objection is not to support or praise your favorite, but to do it at the cost of belittling other contestants. Though I must say I was a bit confused about your statement, "Yes Abhigyan is a good singer, but those who claim that he is better than Raja, I just laugh at their comments". I have seen lot of posts saying that Abhigyan is an awesome singer, but I don't recall seeing any post that claims that Abhigyan is better than Raja. If I have missed that, do forgive me. If there was a statement like that, I would have objected to that too. My objection is not in saying that Raja did an awesome job, but in belittling Abhigyan and calling his voice ghisa pita just to strengthen the argument that Rajasthan should have won. And again, I'm not talking about your posts, but the posts of other fans of Raja.

With regards to biased judging, it's been talked about right from the begining of this competition. First Asha Bhosle was said to be biased, then Sadhna Sargam and now Suresh Wadekar. If one's region loses or the region in which one's supporters are present loses, the judges are being termed as biased. If there is no public voting to be blamed, then it is the judges. When I said that I thought Priyanka did well in Mose chal, I forgot to mention that I felt that Anamika also did well and I loved the blending of their voices. But as I said, maybe I don't have enough knowledge to judge them. These are very talented, learned and experienced judges. Do any of us even have half of what they have to be able to question their judgement?

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bambooshoot

Awwww....I'm sorry if you felt that I was solely referring to your opening post. I'm referring to the discussion that is going on in recent topics. My objection is not to support or praise your favorite, but to do it at the cost of belittling other contestants. Though I must say I was a bit confused about your statement, "Yes Abhigyan is a good singer, but those who claim that he is better than Raja, I just laugh at their comments". I have seen lot of posts saying that Abhigyan is an awesome singer, but I don't recall seeing any post that claims that Abhigyan is better than Raja. If I have missed that, do forgive me. If there was a statement like that, I would have objected to that too. My objection is not in saying that Raja did an awesome job, but in belittling Abhigyan and calling his voice ghisa pita just to strengthen the argument that Rajasthan should have won. And again, I'm not talking about your posts, but the posts of other fans of Raja.

With regards to biased judging, it's been talked about right from the begining of this competition. First Asha Bhosle was said to be biased, then Sadhna Sargam and now Suresh Wadekar. If one's region loses or the region in which one's supporters are present loses, the judges are being termed as biased. If there is no public voting to be blamed, then it is the judges. When I said that I thought Priyanka did well in Mose chal, I forgot to mention that I felt that Anamika also did well and I loved the blending of their voices. But as I said, maybe I don't have enough knowledge to judge them. These are very talented, learned and experienced judges. Do any of us even have half of what they have to be able to question their judgement?

yes these judges are generally pretty good I think. But often Zee does apply some "political" pressure. But since judges keep rotating and changing, Zee has more problems doing it their way.
Judges are human too and they do tend to have their own "favourites" at times.
Most of these young kids like Abhigyan, Anamika, Priyanka are all super talented. I hope they make their mark in the industry some day.ClapClapClap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top