Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bambooshoot thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Awwww....I'm sorry if you felt that I was solely referring to your opening post. I'm referring to the discussion that is going on in recent topics. My objection is not to support or praise your favorite, but to do it at the cost of belittling other contestants. Though I must say I was a bit confused about your statement, "Yes Abhigyan is a good singer, but those who claim that he is better than Raja, I just laugh at their comments". I have seen lot of posts saying that Abhigyan is an awesome singer, but I don't recall seeing any post that claims that Abhigyan is better than Raja. If I have missed that, do forgive me. If there was a statement like that, I would have objected to that too. My objection is not in saying that Raja did an awesome job, but in belittling Abhigyan and calling his voice ghisa pita just to strengthen the argument that Rajasthan should have won. And again, I'm not talking about your posts, but the posts of other fans of Raja.

With regards to biased judging, it's been talked about right from the begining of this competition. First Asha Bhosle was said to be biased, then Sadhna Sargam and now Suresh Wadekar. If one's region loses or the region in which one's supporters are present loses, the judges are being termed as biased. If there is no public voting to be blamed, then it is the judges. When I said that I thought Priyanka did well in Mose chal, I forgot to mention that I felt that Anamika also did well and I loved the blending of their voices. But as I said, maybe I don't have enough knowledge to judge them. These are very talented, learned and experienced judges. Do any of us even have half of what they have to be able to question their judgement?

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bambooshoot

Awwww....I'm sorry if you felt that I was solely referring to your opening post. I'm referring to the discussion that is going on in recent topics. My objection is not to support or praise your favorite, but to do it at the cost of belittling other contestants. Though I must say I was a bit confused about your statement, "Yes Abhigyan is a good singer, but those who claim that he is better than Raja, I just laugh at their comments". I have seen lot of posts saying that Abhigyan is an awesome singer, but I don't recall seeing any post that claims that Abhigyan is better than Raja. If I have missed that, do forgive me. If there was a statement like that, I would have objected to that too. My objection is not in saying that Raja did an awesome job, but in belittling Abhigyan and calling his voice ghisa pita just to strengthen the argument that Rajasthan should have won. And again, I'm not talking about your posts, but the posts of other fans of Raja.

With regards to biased judging, it's been talked about right from the begining of this competition. First Asha Bhosle was said to be biased, then Sadhna Sargam and now Suresh Wadekar. If one's region loses or the region in which one's supporters are present loses, the judges are being termed as biased. If there is no public voting to be blamed, then it is the judges. When I said that I thought Priyanka did well in Mose chal, I forgot to mention that I felt that Anamika also did well and I loved the blending of their voices. But as I said, maybe I don't have enough knowledge to judge them. These are very talented, learned and experienced judges. Do any of us even have half of what they have to be able to question their judgement?

yes these judges are generally pretty good I think. But often Zee does apply some "political" pressure. But since judges keep rotating and changing, Zee has more problems doing it their way.
Judges are human too and they do tend to have their own "favourites" at times.
Most of these young kids like Abhigyan, Anamika, Priyanka are all super talented. I hope they make their mark in the industry some day.👏👏👏
bambooshoot thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

yes these judges are generally pretty good I think. But often Zee does apply some "political" pressure. But since judges keep rotating and changing, Zee has more problems doing it their way.
Judges are human too and they do tend to have their own "favourites" at times.
Most of these young kids like Abhigyan, Anamika, Priyanka are all super talented. I hope they make their mark in the industry some day.👏👏👏

Yes Summerji, I do agree with you. In fact I've felt the "political" pressure many times during the last Lil champs when many deserving contestants were eliminated by the judges. But because of the longivity of the show, the channel could influence the decisions and I can imagine Abhijeet and Alka to come under that pressure. But I can't imagine respected people like Sureshji or Ashaji to fall under such pressure. Do agree that they are human and can have favorites, but to have favorites one has to be attached to the contestants for a few episodes at least. In fact, if anyone could have been Sureshji's favorite, it would have been Anamika as he had been connected with her in the earlier Lil champs. But because of that connection and knowing her capabilities, I found that he was more strict with comments towards her. I respect Sureshji a lot, and I think that the channel picked Abhijeet over him for the last Lil champs because it would have been easier to put Abhijeet under pressure to go with the channel's whims, rather than Sureshji.

Yes Summerji, I do agree with you. In fact I've felt the "political" pressure many times during the last Lil champs when many deserving contestants were eliminated by the judges. But because of the longivity of the show, the channel could influence the decisions and I can imagine Abhijeet and Alka to come under that pressure. But I can't imagine respected people like Sureshji or Ashaji to fall under such pressure. Do agree that they are human and can have favorites, but to have favorites one has to be attached to the contestants for a few episodes at least. In fact, if anyone could have been Sureshji's favorite, it would have been Anamika as he had been connected with her in the earlier Lil champs. But because of that connection and knowing her capabilities, I found that he was more strict with comments towards her. I respect Sureshji a lot, and I think that the channel picked Abhijeet over him for the last Lil champs because it would have been easier to put Abhijeet under pressure to go with the channel's whims, rather than Sureshji.

There is one thing, that is "Business". None of the judge comes to the show for free whether they are in-house or guest. If celebrity comes to the show he/she does not charge but cross-selling happens, they promote their movies and show get viewers. If judges come from musical world they get paid. If they are paid then they have to comply with whatever channell wants from them.
bambooshoot thumbnail
But the question in this case is what would the channel gain by making Maharashtra win over UP, Gujarat over MP and Assam over Rajasthan? Is this show going to end up with public voting? I'm sorry I don't know the answer. If it does, we could think of some reasoning behind this. But it seems unlikely as it would make no sense in asking for votes when only two regions are competing.

But the question in this case is what would the channel gain by making Maharashtra win over UP, Gujarat over MP and Assam over Rajasthan? Is this show going to end up with public voting? I'm sorry I don't know the answer. If it does, we could think of some reasoning behind this. But it seems unlikely as it would make no sense in asking for votes when only two regions are competing.

That is why I dont understand how could judges ignore Joy's shouting. He killed Sawariya big time and got better marks that Priyanka. Do you know Assam got highest marks among all semi finalists.
Edited by HakkaBakka - 14 years ago
bambooshoot thumbnail
HB - Every episode was judged by different judges. Some are more liberal, while others are not. So Assam getting most marks doesn't mean anything.

You know what, I actually thought that Joy's shouting suited the Sawariya song. It was his forte. Although I'm not saying that Joy is a great singer. Each person has an opinion about who sang better than who. So instead of arguing about that, let's please leave it to the judges. And if we don't know the reason behind why the judges would be giving someone less marks and someone more marks, or how the channel would benefit from a particular region winning, let's please end this discussion.

Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: HakkaBakka

That is why I dont understand how could judges ignore Joy's shouting. He killed Sawariya big time and got better marks that Priyanka. Do you know Assam got highest marks among all semi finalists.

I must say that Joy was not such a joy to watch. But he did okay in the first opening song.
It seemed that Abhigyan was singing at a higher key and had to make some adjustments for the Group and Duets. In such shows the worst performer normally feels all the pressure.
So next round Joy will have to do some intelligent song selection for himself to do well. I would not recommend classicals for him, modern and bollywood numbers might be easier to sing. He is a pretty good team leader and the group has the right spirit.
Malaysian_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I agree with both bamboshoot ji and summerji opinions.👏👏

Anyways respected people like Asha ji ,Sureshji,Sadhnaji,Alkaji  wont fall under zee's political pressure.

I respect the judges judgement from the first episode till now in mega challenge and they have judged purely on singing and no biasedness.

I have my favourites like aneek , anwesha and abhigyan but it doesn't mean if we have our favourites we should not downgrade other good singers singing and same goes to others favourites too.If the singer are weak and then I understand with the weak singing comments.Abhigyan has his own potential as a good singer and gor long way to go and Raja already done good job in playback singing. 

I always have loved the way suresh wadkar ji judgement since little champs till now which is based on technical aspects and in depth and the singers able to learn more and improve.Even Asha ji always been the best judge whenever she comes for srgmp competition.

god bless all the singers.

best regards,
malaysiangirl

Summer3 thumbnail
[QUOTE=malaysiangirl]

I agree with both bamboshoot ji and summerji opinions.👏👏

Anyways respected people like Asha ji ,Sureshji,Sadhnaji,Alkaji  wont fall under zee's political pressure.

I respect the judges judgement from the first episode till now in mega challenge and they have judged purely on singing and no biasedness.

I have my favourites like aneek , anwesha and abhigyan but it doesn't mean if we have our favourites we should not downgrade other good singers singing and same goes to others favourites too.If the singer are weak and then I understand with the weak singing comments.Abhigyan has his own potential as a good singer and gor long way to go and Raja already done good job in playback singing. 

I always have loved the way suresh wadkar ji judgement since little champs till now which is based on technical aspects and in depth and the singers able to learn more and improve.Even Asha ji always been the best judge whenever she comes for srgmp competition.

god bless all the singers.

best regards,
malaysiangirl

Sureshji is a pretty good judge but sometimes he is so honest and not so tactful. But he is pretty accurate in his assessments and gives good advice.
I think when we support a certain singer we have our own reasons for liking the singer and we should continue to support the singer no matter what others say. MG I am glad that you are very focussed.
Liking is all personal just like the kind of food or clothes we prefer. No reason needed.😊