Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

the_charm

IF-Veteran Member

the_charm

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Hello friends!

As you all know, today is Friday the thirteenth. Many people consider it to be an unlucky day.

Some facts about this day:
  • Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on Friday, which superstition holds to be a day of good or bad luck.
  • In the Gregorian calender, this day occurs at least once, but at most three times a year.
  • Any month's 13th day will fall on a Friday if the month starts on a Sunday. In 2009 this applies to the months of February, March, and November. The next instance of this appears on the calendar for the year 2015.
  • he fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskevidekatriaphobia.
  • If Friday the 13th is unlucky, then 2009 is an unusually unlucky year. This week's Friday the 13th is one of three to endure this year.
  • The first came last month. The next is in November. Such a rare triple-threat occurs only once every 11 years.
  • Many hospitals have no room 13, while some tall buildings skip the 13th floor and some airline terminals omit Gate 13.
  • President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would never host 13 guests at a meal. Napoleon and President Herbert Hoover were also triskaidekaphobic, with an abnormal fear of the number 13.
  • Mark Twain once was the 13th guest at a dinner party. A friend warned him not to go. "It was bad luck," Twain later told the friend. "They only had food for 12." Superstitious diners in Paris can hire a quatorzieme, or professional 14th guest.
  • The number 13 suffers from its position after 12, according to numerologists who consider the latter to be a complete number ' 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 apostles of Jesus, 12 days of Christmas and 12 eggs in a dozen.
So what are your views about this?
Do you know any story about Friday the 13th?
Have you ever had any bad experience on this day?

Sources -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29661652/

Edited by the_charm - 13 November 2009 at 4:18am

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran_bhatiaabd_20totally_desiBilliCat.meluvsrk-Amri--LilyGurl-armaanno01fanbobbiedhillonVedika126Arushi.Sweet_Kandy-Crimson-bmtdluver-Dolly-Yamu21ramasJess.Angelic_J-Mystery-minuumaha_prakrtikaransprincessaish_punkmallika_14-aditi-shininggal2008nikita_88romiebee2002Salyankastar_fanBadtameez_Dil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Friday the 13th" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
I have heard a lot Friday, the 13th but never quite knew the history of it.

Thanks for sharing, Ghun!

I'm not superstitious, I don't believe in any such things.

In fact, I had an exam today, and I think it went pretty well..... So I don't believe in that, or me it's just a number like any other.

I think people always need some reason to blame stuff that's going wrong on, and if they don't find something else then it's things like a number or a person is inauspicious. 

Some may disagree with me, and that's perfectly fine.  I just don't believe in it.

-Mahi

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

amara_50meluvsrkAngelic_J-aditi-SanzPaRudholic

ROBlicious.

IF-Sizzlerz

ROBlicious.

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Thankyouuuuuu For the Post needed the history =)

nikita_88

IF-Stunnerz

nikita_88

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks!

I love the vibe friday the 13th gives! I love the supersitions and all the ideas to do with it!

I am not supersitious but still I love the idea behind it all.

On Motorways in England there is never a junction 13!

-mango-

IF-Dazzler

-mango-

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

I have heard a lot Friday, the 13th but never quite knew the history of it.

Thanks for sharing, Ghun!

I'm not superstitious, I don't believe in any such things.

In fact, I had an exam today, and I think it went pretty well..... So I don't believe in that, or me it's just a number like any other.

I think people always need some reason to blame stuff that's going wrong on, and if they don't find something else then it's things like a number or a person is inauspicious. 

Some may disagree with me, and that's perfectly fine.  I just don't believe in it.

-Mahi
Definitely agree with you! Its just another number for me. There are many other people around the world who believe in such... that' their belief. Smile
But superstition is just somethiing I never believed in.

Ohh... once I watched this movie called Freaky Friday. Though it was just a crazy movie. LOL

ramas

IF-Veteran Member

ramas

I-F Creative Head

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
 great post Ghunghroo.ClapClap

I am not supersitious either but I did meet worst  car accident of my life with life threatening injuries and back problem for a life time..  Ever since I avoid going out on friday the 13th unless I have to.. I know it can happen any day but when it happens on such day. One can never  forget. Ouch

Edited by ramas - 13 November 2009 at 1:35pm

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
umm

there is also the thing that some hotels avoid having a 13th floor atleast by name for the same purposes

as much as astrology is decried..ppl tend to stick to th safe side and avoid fridayt eh 13th tamasha

bobbiedhillon

IF-Rockerz

bobbiedhillon

Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
I do believe that Friday the thirteen is a bad luck day.  When I woke up this morning I made a mental note to lay low and get through the day.  Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top