Page 4 Page 6

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

for kids Embarrassed
LOL howcum only kids?Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why Marry? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu-Lives

Edit: I think I now understand what you wanted to say. Interesting topic.
Looks like i missed ur commentsEmbarrassed

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaktheback

for kids Embarrassed

As Naina Catherine Kapur - woh to ho jayenge. Shaadi karne ki kya zaroorat hain.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha.DontKnow.U-No-Poo

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneha0601

Originally posted by gumsum

Sorry to say but this is the most absurd logic you mention in your post to favor polygamy. Some people believe in complex ideas and complex solutions to life's simple problems\needs, polygamy may be the best fit for them. To answer the question in  your post "Why marry?" I would say that it is an individual choice. For me marriage is important. Each relationship in my opinion requires efforts- it requires love, affection. honest, trust and many other things. To state it in simple terms, to build a strong relationship, both the parties should be fully invested in it and that is what marriage stands for. But if someone is just looking for some fun time then they do not need to marry.
I can go to  great lengths to argue on each o your points but I do not feel like. In any case I am not a good debater.

I know you are hinting directly at RTH LOL, therefore sorry to interrupt, but my one question is:

@Bolded: You say that right? Because I know about 3 couples who have a live-in relationship since years, one of them its been nearly 7 years now, and in no way, did I see the love decreasing, the honesty changing, the affection becoming rare, or the trust disappearing... And they do not have just fun, they share responsibilities, share their lives, share their passions, wants, share their sorrows and difficulties! It was just their mutual decision never to get married AND never to have children! So basically, I don't believe that it's marriage only that could bring all these in a relationship... After all, since when has any relationship depended on vows or legal contracts or paper hassles? Wink

I personally am for marriage, and will always be! Will post my views tomorrow... But the only question that intrigues me, and actually that I find interesting is: How does one define marriage at the end? Is it the vows or the papers only? Can't two people be married even without all those? Why does marriage come under the legal aspect? Can't two people believe they are married even if they aren't under official terms? Big smile

I totally get it. Marriage is just another name for commitment. the couples you know are wonderful people with great values in my opinion. No relationships aren't (shouldn't be) bound by papers or vows but each relationship needs enough chance before calling it off. Unfortunately majority of people do not have enough self control to be committed to a realtionship without a contract and some just needs that security before they get into one. For them marriage exists. For others its just in their minds but it is there in some form.
I quoted marriage instead of trust and commitment because the post was about polygamy.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvly

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by gumsum

Sorry to say but this is the most absurd logic you mention in your post to favor polygamy. Some people believe in complex ideas and complex solutions to life's simple problems\needs, polygamy may be the best fit for them. To answer the question in  your post "Why marry?" I would say that it is an individual choice. For me marriage is important. Each relationship in my opinion requires efforts- it requires love, affection. honest, trust and many other things. To state it in simple terms, to build a strong relationship, both the parties should be fully invested in it and that is what marriage stands for. But if someone is just looking for some fun time then they do not need to marry.
I can go to  great lengths to argue on each o your points but I do not feel like. In any case I am not a good debater.

You say you can refute each argument, but choose not to. I do not think you can claim any logic to be absurd unless you actually refute it or prove it to be absurd.

On what basis can you claim that polygamy is more complex. I can say that going with the flow of emotions is simpler than limiting emotions to norms, rules, regulations and expectations.

Do not loving relationships exist without marriage? I am not only talking of romantic liasons here? Do you need to sanctify your friendships, your everyday relationships through some elaborate ritual or commitment? Are friends, siblings of lesser value because we do not make commitments? If we can have more than one friend, what is so wrong in loving more than one person? Cannot love trust, affection be there for many people? Why do you feel that if someone does not marry they are only looking for fun? Moreover, how does love, trust, affection etc systematically prove that monogamy makes more sense?
Polygamy is a complex idea. Going with the flow without thinking about the repurcussions is harmful to the society. This is what distinguishes us from animals that we live in a society, society which protects our right to be an individual without inflicting upon the rights of others. Polygame in my opinion gives more than required rights to a certain individual who in turn can snatch the rights of others with or without their approval. It complicates the jurisdiction as well along with the genetics.

marriage can not be put at par with friendships or the sibling or other blood relations as they do not involve evolution of human genes.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kuhu.kuhuFair-n-luvly

kuhu.kuhu

IF-Sizzlerz

kuhu.kuhu

Posted: 12 November 2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

"delhi" ka laddooLOL That's a first.  Yaar, itney burey bhi naheen hotey hamari dilli key laddoo.  Bas pata hona chahiye ki kahan sey khareeda jaye.

Arre ...nahii...I have been hearing that phrase since my childhood ..must be some sweets which r very famous but too sweet once u have them ...hence the aftertaste doesn't give u pleasureLOL ....I love Delhi...so many childhood memories r attached to that placeTongue..My bro and bhabhi r there now ...so the connection is still there ..and who can forget Lajpatnagar, Defence col, Savdarjang Enclave, South Extension part 1 and 2 Wink....

By the way ..here is another phrase ...Shaadi hai barbaadi ..LOL 

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 November 2009 at 9:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top