Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Traditions and family values have taught one a one man one wife concept for practical purposes and also to provide family stability. For some men handling one wife has been a problem and having two wives at the same time may send him to his grave. LOL
Topic asks the reason to get married. I think it serves a binding legal contract whereby each other's rights are protected. there have been cases where long term partnerships have been viewed as marriage too, but it is a hassle to prove it.
More importantly it is good for the kids to have a proper family to belong to.
But in either case if the partners are irresponsible then nothing much can be done.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why Marry? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Their is no need of marriage for me.It seems like a jail for me. Don't you think biogamy or adultry mainly causes harm to woman.I mean a women is tierd of satisfying one man's need then how can she be able to satisfy 5 mens need?The worst situation can arise if she gets pregnant.She may be confused about the childs identity.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MRS BANI WALIA

Their is no need of marriage for me.It seems like a jail for me.---
Ok.... MRS...bw Don't you think biogamy or adultry mainly causes harm to woman.
Absulitly harm...not only women....bt  without women how its posible.....I mean a women is tierd of satisfying one man's need then how can she be able to satisfy 5 mens need?--If women start do these things...we called it some other name...I dont know why...Big smile
The worst situation can arise if she gets pregnant.....She may be confused about the childs identity.
Dorry worry yaar....if you correctly note the No of persons name n address...a simple DNA test is enoughWink

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gumsum

Sorry to say but this is the most absurd logic you mention in your post to favor polygamy. Some people believe in complex ideas and complex solutions to life's simple problems\needs, polygamy may be the best fit for them. To answer the question in  your post "Why marry?" I would say that it is an individual choice. For me marriage is important. Each relationship in my opinion requires efforts- it requires love, affection. honest, trust and many other things. To state it in simple terms, to build a strong relationship, both the parties should be fully invested in it and that is what marriage stands for. But if someone is just looking for some fun time then they do not need to marry.
I can go to  great lengths to argue on each o your points but I do not feel like. In any case I am not a good debater.

You say you can refute each argument, but choose not to. I do not think you can claim any logic to be absurd unless you actually refute it or prove it to be absurd.

On what basis can you claim that polygamy is more complex. I can say that going with the flow of emotions is simpler than limiting emotions to norms, rules, regulations and expectations.

Do not loving relationships exist without marriage? I am not only talking of romantic liasons here? Do you need to sanctify your friendships, your everyday relationships through some elaborate ritual or commitment? Are friends, siblings of lesser value because we do not make commitments? If we can have more than one friend, what is so wrong in loving more than one person? Cannot love trust, affection be there for many people? Why do you feel that if someone does not marry they are only looking for fun? Moreover, how does love, trust, affection etc systematically prove that monogamy makes more sense?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Are you conspiring to keep me on IF today? Gotta go, my thoughts tomorrow! :)

I think you cannot keep away. Logging back in at 2 Am on an exam day. Tongue

P.S. You're not rethinking our marriage, are you? LOL

As I wrote my post, I wondered what you would have to say.
My love, tumhara dil kya kehta hain.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 8:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Snehareturn_to_hadesFair-n-luvly

.DontKnow.

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 8:58am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Edit: I think I now understand what you wanted to say. Interesting topic.

Ok Mahi this is for you and others. I didn't get what the issue was. Monogamy (one partner at a time) can be seen in marital context and outside of marriage also. I was not sure whether we were discussing multiple partners in context of marriage or outside marriage.

My view is simple. Marriage to one person and hopefully only one. I don't support polygamy as these days there are no need for it (unlike in old times when it made sense) and relationship outside marriage is unimaginable for me. However others can discuss benefits of it.

Then I wanted to address the breeding pool issue

I think monogamy only limits breeding pool if there is imbalance in system (e.g. more of women and less men so many women will be left out of breeding pool). However if ther eis balance then it is polygamy wihich will result in breeding pool problems because if one man marries 4 women then it will leave many men as unmarried and hence out of breeding pool.

Edited by King-Anu-Lives - 11 November 2009 at 10:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvlybaz786

Post Reply New Post

Go to top