Debate Mansion

Why Marry? - Page 5

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
If I was asked to describe the perfect vacation, it would be one spent with family. All the other attractions a vacation can offer pale in comparison to uninterrupted time with my family. πŸ˜‰

Some friends of ours believe the perfect vacation is one spent pampered in a luxurious hotel with breathtaking scenery and a heated pool. πŸ˜ƒ

When you envision the 'perfect vacation' what does your imagination conjure? A luxurious hotel? Delicious food? Entertaining people? Interesting sites? The right weather? Beautiful scenery? The right entertainment? Some of the above? All of the above? An eclectic mixture of all the things mentioned? 😊

Marriage is much like that vacation people dream they will take one day, and just like people seek different components to create that perfect vacation, people look for different things in their marriage.πŸ˜›

Why do people marry? What does marriage have to offer? How many of the things that marriage has to offer do we recognize and appreciate - especially if they are not part of our dream? πŸ˜ƒ

Communication, intimacy and companionship are three of the big draws to a permanent relationship. The warmth of knowing that someone cares and will be there to listen is a common pull to settle down and marry. 😊

Many marry because they find that their relationship challenges them to better themselves. Living alone or in a relationship without commitment doesn't offer the same challenge to better yourself. An unmarried person has to worry only about themselves. Marriage and children help a person jump over that hump and care about others. πŸ˜‰

It's difficult to be selfish when you live with others who demand that you give of yourself; living with a pet demands responsibility, but it certainly doesn't encourage anyone to be a "mensch." 😳

Fido (or whatever your loving pet is called) may mean the world to you, but an animal places no challenges on its owner to improve. Animals accept their owner with unconditional love. Though each person dreams to be accepted and loved unconditionally, the truth is that we all need to improve our character and marriage challenges us to do just that. 😊

Marriage is the holy and legitimate way to bring children into this world. Children are our guarantee that our generations will continue, and they give us grandchildren which are a great source of nachas. πŸ˜ƒ

Then there are the financial and practical benefits of marriage: a home, food, and even a better-looking tax return. 😊

Ultimately, though maybe not consciously, we marry because of the spiritual and esoteric.

G-d told us to. Each person is only of a whole. Without the other half, a person never feels whole. Our spouse not only challenges us to be a better human being, but also complements us. A man and a woman create a positive energy. πŸ˜ƒ

Marriage leads to fulfillment in all areas of our lives: the physical and the spiritual, the financial and the practical, the esoteric and the down-to-earth day to day needs.

A good marriage is the possibility of getting that dream vacation with all its components. Just as it takes a concerted effort to put the dream vacation together, it takes work to bring our marriages to their full potential. Marriage creates obligations on a multitude of levels. However, we can reap the benefits on a multitude of levels. 😳

If we understood the benefits of marriage, what it can accomplish for us and how it can help us become a better and more wholesome human being the question of 'why marry' wouldn't exist. 😳😊

πŸ˜‰C89πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gumsum thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: centurions89

If I was asked to describe the perfect vacation, it would be one spent with family. All the other attractions a vacation can offer pale in comparison to uninterrupted time with my family. πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜‰C89πŸ˜‰

Why do you wink so muchπŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
rudeMRindia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
there can be various reasons to marry....some may marry for love ...some may marry for emotional security while many marry for financial security.....some marry for formality....... inspire of these modern definitions of marriage prevailing in todays world . ...there are few that marry to be for each other in happiness and sorrow....to be with each other till there is tomorrow

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
^i agree

but i dont get ppl who marry for fnancial securities, isnt that like a sham marriage?
rudeMRindia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MeghaSRKLover

^i agree

but i dont get ppl who marry for fnancial securities, isnt that like a sham marriage?

by financial security i meant....like for eg. many women chose to marry to rich men cause they feel they will be financially secured....even film stars(female) choose to marry rich men...for they feel they have financially secured their future ....and its not only women for that matter even men choose to marry daughters of rich businessmen cause they feel their in laws will provide them enough financial security  .....Sham marriage too can be one of the same kind
Edited by luv_guru - 14 years ago
-Sneha thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Believe

<FONT color=#0066ff>Now the sinario changing slowly....Pahale bache...baad mein marriage....πŸ˜‰</FONT>

Yeah perhaps it is, but not for me... Woh Kya Hai Naa, I like to follow an ascending order, keeps my life in track...

And then, as mum says: Kabhi Kabhi traditional hone mein koi burai nahi haii...πŸ˜†

On a more serious note though, I think everyone has his/her own choices to make. I've said it before, marriage is not a must to everything one wants to do otherwise. But children remain another aspect totally, because children aren't usually legitimate unless the couple are married right?
-Sneha thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: luv_guru

...there are few that marry to be for each other in happiness and sorrow....to be with each other till there is tomorrow

Totally.... Well said! And the number's getting fewer day by day... I just happened to watch What's Your Rashee yesterday!

As much as I don't like Ashutosh Gowarikar as a person, I really admire the way he seeps in reality in his movies, I loved the movie just for that, or at least the main storyline! The contract marriage thing made me laugh my a** off! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Coming back to what you said, I hope to be part of this group, because spending more than half of my life with just a random person for a whatsoever reason is going to be tough! So yeah, I better marry only for this reason...πŸ˜†

We can't judge anyone at the same time however, circumstances and environment has always been a painful add-on in many cases, whereas a great opportunity in some.. So depends on many things!