Love Ne Mila Di Jodi
Love Ne Mila Di Jodi

India-Forums

Our favorite couple's wedding..(PriDa and all)..Ed (Page 6)

Arya311 IF-Rockerz
Arya311
Arya311

Posted: 10 November 2009 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
yeah sarah i don't have much to say today...too exhausted actually and the rain makes it even worst and was up till midnight yesterday studying for my test ....so my brain needs a lil rest i guess...lol

Just loved the whole sindoor and mangalsutra tying ceremony and garland exchange and pheras and taking ela's blessing part.....ohhhh do you remember that i had pointed all that a day or 2 ago in eksie's post??? aaaahhhh it was like seeing my words come to a beautiful life!!!!aaaahhhhh so very pretty sight!

my day just got brighter with that sight! so i'm happy! Smile

Here's a toast to Mr. and Mrs. Saxena-------- Cheers!WinkBig smile
DesiMasalaFan Groupbie
DesiMasalaFan
DesiMasalaFan

Posted: 10 November 2009 at 6:14pm | IP Logged

PriDa are finally married WooooooHOOOOOOO... I am a huge PriDA Fan and kudos to the CVs that they maintain the essense of PriDa in every scene .. gesture and Kudos to GauCha for potraying it so beautifully and kudos to you Sarah for your take on PriDa.. just like after seeeing PriDa latest scenes I feel that it is their best scene and they come up with even better one the next time..... and so are your post... just when I think this is your best your next post surpasses the previous one........Its as Star work !!!!!!!

SAM Oh! Sam ...  I am just using something (my take on Sam) in someother post

I do not think this is a dream. However Optimist that I am I think SAm's Denial this may good be for future track. Sam will deny and when confronted he would admit that the he is a Balraj Saxena's son and did this to take revenge on ILa. This will help bring forth her innocence in BS murder and also make Pri and Var come out clean or realize how wrong they were regarding their maksad. They would then join hands together (the gujral sisters and saxena brothers) , try to work together and get Inder punished for his deeds. What say ?????  I know it is little too optimistic.  

Edited by DesiMasalaFan - 10 November 2009 at 7:26pm
achumen Goldie
achumen
achumen

Posted: 10 November 2009 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Hey Sarah, brilliant post ' should I repeat ....love to read them everyday. My two cents :

True, Prida are finally man and wife - a journey that started with hatred and clashes, finally reached the destination of love. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do them part.

The marriage was lovely ' the background song was w'ful ' read out Pri's mind with its lyrics.  He was completely at loss ' switching between revenge and the most sacred moment of his life. Yesterday's attempt to make Damz smile and today's tease during the garland ceremony was Pri living the most important moment of his life ' the sindoor and the mangalsutra ' Pure Gold.

Sadly revenge caught up with him faster than expected and presence of his brothers made him more uncomfortable than ever. Looking at them every now and then was reassuring them that all this was for revenge. Sameer with those challenging looks did not help either. Pri would have lived this moment much better had Sameer and Varun not been around.

Damini was great today ' she looked so much like a lady in love ' looking up at him, remembering their fights, his care for her  ' savouring every moment of the great day. It was the best day of her life ' indeed and she made it special.

GK and CS were at their best and as you say ' when you feel this would be their best shot they come up with something better the next time. With you on the turban ' could not stand it when they showed the precap last week ' but yesterday and today I felt GK did carry it off well. He looked majestic ' so much like a King. Guess its only GK who could have carried off that arrrrrghhh looking turban so well.

Well in all the marriage shot was a disappointment ' they should have shown the pheres completely ' my take. But then this show is a complete surprise package. Am sure the CVs will not disappoint ' they will give us those w'ful Prida moments for sure ' the ones that have made us incurable Pridaholics.

Rest of it : Sameer ' do not want to say anything more ' a lot of Sameer bashing after today's episode. Just to speak on his behalf giving the devil its due ' the Saxena bros are here for revenge. Their father was killed, their lives ruined and they are on the verge of losing their mother. Thats reason enough to behave the way they are. While the two bros are bound by the values they were brought up on, one went ahead unscrupulously. The means to achieve his goal did not matter to him, the ultimate goal was important ' he did reach his goal ' Ila Gujral has been humiliated like never before ' in front of family, friends and the world. His part in the revenge is done ' but he has lost everything in the process. A wrong is a wrong however justified it is. Redemption is a tougher journey for him than the revenge and we will see Sameer Saxena come out of it -  that would be a track to look forward to.

Kudos to Avni ' for standing up for her cause. Just want her to grow stronger and make sure she teaches Sameer Saxena a lesson or two for standing up on her.

Achu

Edited by achumen - 11 November 2009 at 12:13am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kheerniArya311

Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 10 November 2009 at 9:21pm | IP Logged

Wonderful post as usual, Sarah. You make my day with your posts Big smile

I stumbled on this show couple of months back… and since then I have been called a "CNC" (Certifiable Nut Case) by my dear hubby, due to my serious condition "PriDaholism" Embarrassed

There is a long long road ahead of Mr and Mrs Saxena … in fact a longer road for redemption for Prithvi. I hope that the CVs don't destroy their characters in the process. Damini's character is the best so far I have seen . She always remains true to herself and her beliefs.

Though today, it was really wonderful to watch the ceremony… very "PriDa" like… As usual GK and CS rocked the show. Clap

On  a side note, I think Sameer is under the impression that his bade bhaiyya is going to leave his wife after marriage!!!.. Man, talk about his delusion ( I hope it is not mine Ouch)!!

Also, I hope that they have a even bigger Indian wedding for VarNi, where all the pairs can have a gala time without the RB …Dancing

-- Mru

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kheerni

kheerni Senior Member
kheerni
kheerni

Posted: 10 November 2009 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
The last epi was certainly power packed! I am very happy that my two favorite people got married, but I was annoyed that maqsad kept rearing its ugly head at every special moment! Aaarghhhh! I didn't expect that. I thought that during the rituals, Prithvi will be completely taken by the sacred vows and the woman he's taking them with. But instead he seemed distracted. For every look he shared with her, he shared two with his bhais! I didn't like this at all.

Damini's reactions on the other hand were perfect!

And if it wasn't maqsad then it was the doctor who was taking away from our special PriDa shaadi moments!

I did like that they used Khudaya Ve. The song worked well, and I've often heard the song thinking about it from the PriDa context, but I never imagined that Prithvi would think about his maqsad and loss right in the middle of the pheras!

Then the shocking reveal of Avni's pregnancy! Yes, kudos to Avni and chappals for Sameer! SAMEER!!!! I just don't believe the man! Blackest black personified! I kept wanting him to man up and support her! But he just stood there! Thing is I predicted long ago that his revenge will be to deny Avni's marriage claims, and say she's delusional or lying. There's no proof of the marriage so that's easy. But I didn't expected it to happen right now! I thought there was time yet for him to fall deeper and their relationship to deepen.

Oohhh I just had a thought! What if what we saw was Sameer visualizing what would happen IF he did this. And then he'll wake up from his reverie and accept Avni's claim. I hope that is what happens!

This show always surprises us with twists and turns when you least expect it!

I was surprised that Ila and Damini had no idea who the father may be. Jai is the only guy Avni is ever with. And both know of the budding interest the two have in each other, not to mention the hug Damini witnessed. So why are they so shocked that its Jai?

On an aside, I didn't like that Pri had to join his hands and request the reporters to leave. What happened to the Pri we saw outside the hospital when with just showing his hand, one hard look and word the reporters parted. Okay, I guess this is different 'cos here he's the dulha, at his bride's home, in front of wedding guests, and the situation is more sensitive. And its not like they were mobbing like they were outside the hospital. And biggest difference is he was Damini's bodyguard then.

But look at the contrasts, Prithvi could have let the reporters go on insulting Ila. Wouldn't that be revenge. Instead he requests them to leave. Whereas Jai goes the other extreme with refuting and humiliating Avni in front of the world!

And Sarah, loved your post as usual!  Despite my annoyance at the maqsad looks, I felt all warm after reading your take. Smile

P.S.  A couple of people asked which movie the song Khudaya Ve is from.  It is from the movie 'Luck.'

Edited by kheerni - 10 November 2009 at 11:32pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

carieArya311

soapbubble IF-Dazzler
soapbubble
soapbubble

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tina-Saigal2002

@ Doop Dear acc. to Hindu Culture while taking the pheras... there are seven Pheras... that is going around the fir seven times.. 6 pheras are taken with groom in the front and bride behind him but in the last phera Bride goes in front of Groom and that is how Marriage is completed...

Each Phera in a Hindu wedding has a symbolic significance. They all have their individual meanings and importance. The Saat Pheras is also known as the Saptapadi or the seven steps which is the threshold of a happy marriage. In a way, these pheras are like seven promises made by the bride and groom to each other while moving around the holy fire or "Agni Devta".

Each Phera in a Hindu matrimonial has a symbolic significance. They all have their individual meanings and importance. The Saat Pheras is also known as the Saptapadi or the seven steps which is the threshold of a happy marriage. In a way, these pheras are like seven promises made by the bride and groom to each other while moving around the holy fire or "Agni Devta".

Saat Pheras can also be called Seven Promises or Seven Vows.

Promises made by the groom during the Seven Pheras...

1. In the first Phera, bride is led by the groom and he takes the vows. He promises to share the responsibilities of the house, food and finance together. He also sees blessings from the God to have beautiful children and long lives.

2. In the second Phera, the groom promises to remain committed to his wife forever. He regards his wife as his beloved and promises to only love her forever. And also vows to provide strength and courage to his wife always.

3. The groom prays to God in the third Phera. He asks God to grant them with prosperity, wealth and the ability to be able to educate their children.

4. While taking the fourth Phera, the groom thanks his bride for bringing love, happiness, auspiciousness and sacredness in his life.

5. During the fifth Phera, the couple prays to goddess Lakshmi to grant them prosperity and blessings for the rest of their lives.

6. In the sixth Phera, the groom promises to keep his bride happy forever. He also promises that he will fill the heart of her wife with great joy and peace, time and time again.

7. The groom tells his wife during the Seventh and the last Phera that as you have walked seven steps with me, you have made our love, friendship and relationship firm and inseparable. He also says that now ''Now you have become mine forever and I offer myself to you. May we live happily ever after.''

Promises made by the bride during the Seven Pheras...

1. During the first Phera, the bride vows of committing to her husband whom she should treat as her lord and she vows to shoulder the responsibility of looking after the house regarding food and money including the welfare of the house. She will discharge her share of responsibilities for the welfare of house and children.

2. With the second step she vows to fill the heart of her husband with courage and strength and to rejoice in his happiness. She also promises to support him to dispose of his duties and be with him in happiness and sorrows.

3. In the third Phera, the bride promises her love to her groom with single-minded devotion. She vows, ''I will treat all other men as my brothers.''

4. In the fourth Phera, she promises to adhere to righteousness and support her groom in attaining all kinds of success and to support him in every religious act and sacrifice. She vows, ''O my lord, in all acts of righteousness (Dharma), in material prosperity (Artha), in every form of enjoyment, and in those divine acts such as fire sacrifice, worship and charity, I promise you that I shall participate and I will always be with you.''

5. In the fifth Phera, she promises to offer support to him in all walks of like and also to love him forever. She vows, ''Your love will make me very happy''.

6. In the sixth Phera, she seeks the blessings of God in every step of their married life. She promises, ''May the blessings of God always be with you. I will be with you in any stage of life.''

7. In the seventh and the last Phera Bride leads the Groom she says that now that I have been your wife in front of the ''Agni Devta''. She assures that whatever vows and pledges she has taken, are all taken with pure heart. She promises that she shall never deceive her groom and nor shall she let him down. She vows in the end, ''I shall love you forever and ever.''  and wenever the Death comes I shud before you... because its every Wife's dream to die as a Suhaagan.. I hope you know wat Suhagaan means (the women whose Husband is alive is Suhagaan.. wen the Husband dies she becomes a Widow)

Tina, thanks for this wonderful exposition - I didn't know what vow each phera stood for. makes the ritual all the more meaningful.
Bubble

..Serendipity.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Serendipity..
..Serendipity..

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Ok i m sure u must be tired of my apologies for late posts but here i m doing the same. Everytime i think there's something for me to write abt. I read ur post & realize u said it all i am left speechless!!well 1st half awesome:-):-) where's the party tonight?:-):-):) :) second half dreadful!! How could Sameer do this!! Well 1st things 1st. Our own Prida got finally married!!!yipee:-):-):-):-) its time to celebrate, rejoice,juvillate!! When we were at peak of escasy why spoil our mood with Sameer's idiotic behaviour!! How could he??? Must say i was right when i judged Avni in the beging she is the strongest & the most sensible among the 3 sis. & Sameer well he just proved himself to be the most coward among the 3 bros.!! I want Avni to give a tight slap on his face so that he realizes the strength of Avni!!!

Edited by mihirmishrafan - 11 November 2009 at 3:42am
Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Veteran Member
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 11 November 2009 at 3:37am | IP Logged
@ Muniza..Exactly, an eye contact we can't forget..

Eh eh..Congo to you too..

LOVED what you said about life and tough roads..

Me excited for fireworks too..Smile

Thanks a million for those kind words, Muniza..and thank you for sharing your precious 2 cents..Enjoyed reading your take..

@desigirl_18..Thanks a lot, dear..With you on everything..Thank you for sharing your take..

@ Krupz..Awww, all the luck with the test..

Krupz, I do remember your lovely post and it was indeed like your words coming to life..Day DreamingSweet..

*joins Krupz in raising a toast to Mr. and Mrs. Saxena..*

Go to top