Dill Mill Gayye Forum Rules

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Channel Moderator: Gaganjot.S  -Preeti- (Incharge of Star One Channel)
Moderator: -anonymous- (Moderator, who you approach first for any concerns.)
Viewbie:  -Nayab- -Veena-  Sano88 (Moderators, who you approach first for any concerns.)
Coolbie: Sano88  shininggal2008 (Provides Written Updates)
Videobie:
sonyfan28
  (Provides Video Updates)

*Rules for DMG Section*

1. Moderation: Not everyone on Dev Team is a moderator. Coolbies and Videobies do not fall under the category of Moderation as they only provide updates. The Moderation chain latter as follows: Viewbie > Moderator > Channel Moderator. Your first contact would be the section's Viewbie or Moderator as they will take care of day to day activities on the forum. If you have complaints regarding moderation those can be sent directly to CMs, but any other issues must be brought to the attention of Viewbies first. In case if any members feels that a warning being given is not justified or there is an error then please pm the DT member,
but do not argue on the respective post and cause disruption. If you are not satisfied with the answer then please direct the concerns to CMs. 

2. Comparison Topics/Instigating Posts/Plotting: By now, we all know instigating topics and comparison on this forum are not allowed. Some members purposely instigate others and believe they can get by with it and some plan attacks in other places and decide to disrupt the functioning of the forum. Well, it will not happen anymore.
Ex: "New interns suck... we want old interns back."
      "Which intern do you like the most or who has the most beautiful smile?"

Or any other posts that may instigate a fight.

3. Name-Calling/Stereotyping:  Giving names to other fans: KaShit, Sadma,KaJer, K babez, Gober Fans, Bashers, Haters and etc. will not be tolerated. From now on name calling, bashing other fans, or stereotyping will not be allowed. In addition, comment on the show and not the viewers. It seems like half of the posts are targeted at the viewers rather than the show. Do not pass snide remarks at viewers of the show just because their interest lies in something different from yours.
Ex: "K Babez need to go to mental hospital."
      "Bashers are back just report them."
      "I dont want Gober back"
      "Sadma fans are all fake"
      "Who watches this crap"
4. Telling others what to do: I would prefer members to stop preaching on the forum. Let the moderators decide what is needed on this forum and what is not or what one member is allowed to do or not. You cannot stop someone from posting in any topic. Do not become a moral police on the forum.
Ex:  "Move on.... AR have left"
       "What are the moderators doing? Close this topic"
     "You have no shame and you proved that by opening this topic"

"Keep out of here if you cant say anything to support this topic"
     "If you are not a fan of ___ then keep out of this topic"  
5. Utilizing Report Feature: If anyone sees a thread/post/comment which is offending posted by someone, you will NOT take law into your own hands to teach a lesson to that person for insulting your favorite idol. That aggravates matters more and you also become liable for action for reacting thus. Instead you will simply make use of the "REPORT" button and report the thread by stating the reason clearly. As soon as the Dev Team comes online they would take the necessary action and try our best to resolve the issue.

6. Language:  A lot of members try to use code words and asterisk and try to get away with such language. Well, It won't happen from now on. This decision has been made by the Global moderators themselves.
Ex: WTF (What the Fish is a lame excuse so do not try)
      F**K U
      "Who watches this Shit?"
7. Bashing/Personal Attacks: Bashing and making personal attacks against any actor/actress/CVs/members is not allowed. Make sure members know the difference between bashing and criticism. A critic is one who discusses things in perspective, never loses objectivity and states things in a logical and constructive way. But a basher is one, who states the points a bit too heavily such that, it no longer looks like criticism but looks like a total attack. Everyone have their own point of view let's respect it. You have right to raise your opinion but one should see lines ain't crossed. Avoid making posts that are abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member. This is against IF COC and won't be tolerated.

Keep a control on your sarcasm. If the mods feel that your post is no longer critiquing, but is full of sarcasm/attacks... that will be held against you.
Ex: "Karan is characterless."
      "Phan girls need to move on as their gober is a cheater."
      "CVs are mental and brainless.
"
      "Why do you come to every single post and make a negative comment"

Also, signatures bashing actors/members will not be tolerated. If the signatures are not removed at the moderator's request then the signatures will be removed by Moderators themselves and will count as one strike.
8. No thread on Dev Team working: No threads shall be opened criticizing the functioning of the Dev Team. If you have any issues contact the section Dev Team by PM and sort it out but do not create a scene by starting a thread here .No personal attack 'direct/indirect, abusive/sarcastic shall be tolerated.
If we see anymore instigating posts or snide remarks towards moderators of DMG forum. You will receive a WL.

9. Repeated Topics:

Check a few pages back before making a topic on the same point. Repeated topics will be closed. Also there are way too many topics requesting old interns to come back or discussion of actors personal life . We are not saying to forget them or do not discuss them but we need to keep the forum organized as well. Look below for important links where you can discuss these matter:
Discussions/Suggestions/Requests for DMG Season 1 and 2 ,Old Interns to come back, missing them, Karan-Jenny KaJen/AR, Jennifer back in DMG, KSG in ZND, and DMG ending speculations.
KSG in ZND2:Discuss Here ONLY- Mods Note 23
DMG 1&2/KaJen/AR/CV's & Jennifer Back Discuss Here ONLY 
Petition to bring Kajen back on DMG
Petition to bring Kajen Back(crossed 1000 mark)

CV Topics: There are way too many topics on CV. Either you all are bashing CV or asking everyone to call them. Enough is enough. We have a petition post as well as Season 1 & 2 posts where all this can be discussed. Its one thing to post suggestions for CVs and one thing to keep creating posts bashing them and asking members to keep calling them. All CV related discussion can be posted here:
Response #6 -Get back our fav doc
we want ksg back-petition 
response+lets go to cinevistaas!
Petition to bring Kajen Back(crossed 1000 mark)
DMG 1&2/KaJen/AR/CV's & Jennifer Back Discuss Here ONLY
10. No Chatting/Spamming: Refrain yourself from chatting/spamming on the forum. Don't to start your personal chats in threads opened for various subjects/discussion topics. Please try to stick to the topic when posting replies. If you want to can create a separate thread in chat Club section & chat there but chatting in discussion topic is a big NO..

11. Updating:
If you want to do written/video update for DMG any particular day then please PM the respective updater a day in advance & take their permission so that the updater's efforts don't go in vain. Anyone posting the updates without permission his/her post will be trashed.

12. No Advertising:
Videos from other forums/websites containing the website logo are not allowed. If found doing so the topic will be trashed & a PM will be send.  If you continue to do so even then your warning level will be raised.Also posting links from IF in other forums is strictly prohibited.

13. Posting Email Address or personal pictures of Stars: Accounts or email address of stars is not allowed to be posted or revealed unless they themself give it. Also, posting your email address on open forum is not allowed. Moreover, no personal pictures of stars from facebook or Orkut are allowed to be posted.

14. Picture topics: 
We have a picture gallery and I want you all to use that. Please do not make anymore topics on pictures. If there are some special pictures that you want to post on the forum then you will have to ask Dev Team before opening a topic on pictures. We will allow picture topics on special occasion, but again only after taking permission. Post all the pictures in Picture Gallery

15. Emotions:
Do not type message or post reply full of emotions only. Emotions are used to emphasize how you feel when words alone aren't enough. They serve as 'add-ons' to your message BUT it doesn't mean that you are to type a whole line of Emoticons alone, without a single word or phrase (e.g. '😃')! Messages containing only emotions  will be deleted.

16. Posting Articles: Before posting any article please check to make sure that the article has not been posted before. IF has launched its own news hub Telly Buzz. We are now in direct competition with IndianTelevision & Telly Chakkar. See to it you do not post articles from these two websites. Do not post articles from Telly Buzz directly on forum. Provide link/source of the articles.

17. Organizing Contest/Activities:
You may not post Contests/Activities/Games/Appreciation-FanThreads without prior approval from the moderators.

18. Introduce Yourself: Members who are new to this section please introduce yourself in Introduction thread instead of creating new post.

19. Promotions:  I know some of you all are very excited that you have become senior member, goldie, IF dazzlers, IF rockerz.. and we are truly happy for you all, but since this is a DMG forum those topics need to go in Congratulations Post or Meme4u Forum.    

20. Fan-Fictions: Please post FF in
Fan Fiction Forum. You may post your update in DMG Creations Gallery

21. Using Signatures: As per the rule a member is allowed to use three signature of which one can be animates small. Do not use wallpaper size signature in your signature. To know more in details you can read NEW RULES & REGULATIONS of Avatar & Signature Section. Signatures bashing actors/members will not be tolerated. If the signatures are not removed at the moderator's request then the signatures will be removed by Moderators themselves and will count as one strike.

22. Use Like Button:
Every often we see members posting thanks or tfs or one liner instead of using the Like button. The Like feature has come in place of Thank You feature so that spamming could be alleviated. Saying thanks, tfs, etc constitutes to spamming. If you have nothing more to say apart from thanks then you can thank using Like button.

23. Video Mixes:
Members can open their own VM gallery which they can update from time to time. This way one can find creations (VM's) by a particular member in one thread itself.
You can share/post your Creation in Media Zone

24. Help topics:
If you have any queries regarding the show then please post it in Help Desk/Suggestion 9 We will definitely try our best to help out there.

25. Typing in CAPS LOCK:
Please do not write in Cap Locks. If you continue to do so it will result in a WL increase.

26. Regarding AT threads: There are Appreciation Threads for all the Jodi's. Please do not create individual threads over little things that can be discussed in AT. Please remember to not chat and stay on topic. All the Physical attributes of the Actors(eyes/nose/Hair) should be discussed in the AT's of the respective Actor. Please avoid opening separate Topics for them. 

27. Morphed Pictures: We do not allow this on IF. So please refrain from posting such pictures.  You can check the below link for more details MERGING/MORPHING - NOT ALLOWED    

28. Promo Updater's:
Final Warning. We appreciate you all posting new promos, but if someone has already posted a promo do not make a new topic on the same promo. If you have a higher quality than post in the topic that is already opened. We will make sure you get credit for uploading better quality.

29. Quoting Posts/Members/Creations/Pictures: Don't quote long posts especially when it messes up the coding which makes it look bad. If you want to reply to someone use the @ format like @A:  , @B: & so on. Only upto 3 quotes are allowed in a post given the fact they are relatively small quotes and not page long essays.

Bashing on Celebrity Fan Page: Celebrity Profiles are monitored so please do not bash there. It will result in a warning as it is against the rules.

Creating MIDS: Creating MIDs (another account) on IF is not allowed under any circumstances. Wrong usage of creating a different account will result in a WL increase without any warnings as this is a serious issue.

Warning Level Procedure
:  Please read this for full details on the warning procedure:
New Warning Procedure. Dev Team will keep a running list of members, who will continue to break rules.
1. Verbal warning
2. PM warning from Dev Team
3. WL Increase.
4. Lead to possible Ban.
If for some reason you do not agree with the warning you have received in your topic then you need to PM the moderator/viewbie who warned you instead of starting an argument in the forum. If you are not satisfied with the reply given by the DT members then you may take up your issue with the Channel Moderators. However, absolutely no arguments on the forum as that will lead to a direct increase in your warning level.   If you have any doubts/suggestions/objections regarding anything then feel free to PM me Gaganjot.S or -Preeti-   

Regards,

DMG Dev Team

Edited by -anonymous- - 13 years ago
Modified November 10, 2009 @ 10:53 pm central time.
Modified February 2, 2010 @ 12:38 Central Time.
Edited by Gaganjot.S - 14 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Few concerns that need to be posted for the whole forum and updates that need to be given.
In addition, I am answering all pms this way as there is no way I can reply to so many pms individually that were sent to me regarding repeated topics & moderation. This may help clear things for others as well, who may be thinking the same.

1. Firstly, such behavior is not allowed. Your MID and your original account will be banned. I had even mentioned this in my previous post and so therefore I have done exactly what I had stated that I would do.

Update- All Ids banned associated with these posts original accounts and mids. Also why does everyone have to reply to such topics? I swear 20 pages of what? If you see topic like this ignore and report. I know a lot of members enjoy this drama and purposely keep replying to such posts. Please don't do this in the future.
bitches on IF
KW is a dog
KSGgay
KW sucks
TO THE MODERATORS

3. Secondly, Moderation:  We repeatedly requested every member to come talk to us through pms instead of posting on the forum. No one has the right to embarrass anyone like that. You all need to understand if we are looking at reports we only see the particular post that is reported. Also would like to mention the amount of reported posts these days on the forum has greatly increased. Its a mess and so very easy to overlook reports as even our eyes start playing games with us after staring at lines after lines of reports. If one does overlook another comment then why can you all not just report that and if your report is not dealt within 24 hours by any mod then you can contact us. If you do not feel comfortable with one DT talk to the other. We all are here for you all and if not one then  the other mod will get to the reported posts. The question would come in play if she had warned you for no reason, but by putting blame on moderator you cannot deny you were wrong as well. Veena has warned as many AR fans as SR fans if not more. She is trying, but you all do not even want to give her a chance. Have you ever tried to pm her telling her she overlooked a comment and if she can have a look at that? I am sure she would not ignore you and take immediate action. Instead you all create a scene on threads. Everyone makes mistake, but give them a chance to rectify those don't just hurt someone's feelings like that.
Times when she has closed topics against Sid as well and warned AR ( i am not going to search all you can do that at your convenience, but here are a few that i found in a rush)

DILL CHEAT SE BARI
KWahi stole the show- Warning7-8Pgs (check pg 8)
PLZZZZZZZ GO AWAY SID
y sid izz acting as if he's a senior dr- Chk Pg 16
ewww MAKING ME FEEL SICK!
ridz too big for sid

3. Thirdly, why are only AR or SR topics being closed issue. Not understanding concept of repeated post rule.
Let me explain: Firstly, please note that each fan complains of this so this should give some kind of hint that members are only seeing their favorite topics being closed. I believe a lot of it is a case of failure to see other posts being closed. I do understand KSG posts are the ones that are closed majorly, but that is because those are the ones that become redundant as he has so many fans, but do know we would do the same for any other celebrity as well. I am going to answer all the concerns in chronological order or at least I will try.

1. Topics closed on how hot an actor looks. Members once again if we allow this we will have over 300 posts from each member saying so and so is hot. Also doesnt this defeat the purpose of Appreciation threads? I would like you all to understand that a lot of our decision are made not to be biased against fans, but to keep the forum organized and make it easy for members to locate updates or general info. We want this to be user friendly and keep it clean. It has nothing to do with us hating on your favorites.

2. There were some complaints that members are opening several topics on one day episode. Why did the mods not close those as they were repeated or could be discussed in one post. The answer to this is that each post had entirely different content to be discussed. If one was talking about a particular scene the other post may have been on the quotes of the day for that episode. We look at the content before deciding to close it or not.  Now this was when KSG was not in the show and SR scenes were majorly discussed, but now as you can see we allow the same freedom as we did earlier. No changes have been made and now it seems like everyone who complained earlier and wanted episode discussion being discussed in one post like to make several topics with different topic themselves now?  I think this is fair enough, right?

3. When KSG came back: I received many pms asking why his posts are being closed. That is not true. We did not close all his topics. First foremost there was a special welcome post dedicated to him. In addition there were several posts that welcomed Armaan, but they also discussed possibilities of future storyline or had special dedication such as vms that we allowed. If we allowed every member to make a topic on welcoming KSG that would be spamming. Once again it goes back to the content of your post. If it was a simple welcome post we closed it. If there was much more offered and opinions on storyline given we allowed it. Fair enough.

4. Once again, I will say the same thing we look at the content.  For an example if you have two posts regarding the same SR scene being good. I believe that can be discussed in one post, but here comes the catch let both posts discuss the same scene however one post is discussing their dialogues and one is discussing the scene being hot. Two different contents right there and a different view/outlook towards that scene. That is why we allow both or that is why we close both if its the first case.

4. Instigating Topics/Sexual Topics: Firstly main concern sexual topics need to stop. We have a lot of young ones on this forum. Please do not get into describing sexual activities and "actions" Secondly, instigating topics are not allowed. Trying to prove one better than the other or knowing the fact that this post will create drama is not allowed.

5. I received a complaint about having posts that say only for AR/SR fans only or asking people to not post or refrain from doing so. Yes, those posts are not allowed. Everyone can post in any topic they desire. However it is a courtesy that you all can show by not going to someone's topic and trying to ruin it.

Phew... I am done for the night ... I am not sure how much more clear I can make this. Anyway if you still have any questions please pm me or any other DT.

One request, firstly try contacting the DT member you have the concern with if they do not give you a satisfying answer then pm me or preeti. It becomes really difficult when you all ask Preeti or I to answer on behalf of every DT when you do not even give other DT the chance to look into your concerns.
Anyway as I said no one (including AR or SR fans) needs to feel left out here. Give everyone a chance and after all I am here for you all as well.

IF Dev Team

Edited by Gaganjot.S - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Enough Of this

We've given you guys more than enough chances to understand each other. If nothing we
atleast expected that people don't make mockery of themselves and others for a fictional show and fictional characters of Dill Mill Gayye.

Because of some members we will not let other members of the forum to suffer. So the Dev Team has come with a solution to maintain some peace in the forum and in lives of the DT and Members. We would be applying the below things to force.

This is the Final Decision or I should say Final Verdict for the Members of this Forum.

Commenting in Topics-No SR/Sid Fan would be commenting in AR/Armaan topics and No AR/Armaan Fan would be commenting in SR/Sid Topics. You guys cannot appreciate and respect each others POV/opinion then just stay away from the topics where you know you opinion would not be taken positively.

Defending Post-
Topics defending your fav's character by bashing/mocking the other character will not be allowed as well.

No posting topics stating Reasons that Who Riddhima should stay or go with. Let the CV's decide on that and if at all you'll wanna discuss this you'll could do it in your respective AT's but without mocking/bashing the Other Characters.

Comparison Post-NO Comparison Post means No Comparison Posts.

Attacking-Posts attacking CV's/Characters/Actors won't be allowed. And members if you see any such posts, we would appreciate if you'll ignore it instead of replying back.

Fun Post-No Making Instigating Posts in the name of "Fun". Strictly "Not Allowed"

Advice Post-Let me Remind people again that Post was meant to give Advice for the Couple it is meant for. You need not mock the other character to praise your fav's.

MID's-Using Fake ID's for bashing would Not Be Allowed. The fake ID would be banned and the member would get a raise in his/her Warning Meter in his original/active ID.

Bashing in Regional Languages-Discussion in another language will not be allowed on this forum that Moderators cannot comprehend. Members who bash in another language will have an increase in Warning level without any warning pm.

Utilizing Report Feature-We have said this many times if you see a thread/post/comment which is offending posted by someone, you will NOT take law into your own hands to teach a lesson to that person for insulting your favorite idol. That aggravates matters more and you also become liable for action for reacting thus. Instead you will simply make use of the "REPORT" button and report the thread by stating the reason clearly. As soon as the Dev Team comes online they would take the necessary action and try our best to resolve the issue.

No thread on Dev Team working : No threads shall be opened criticizing the functioning of the Dev Team. If you have any issues contact the section Dev Team by PM and sort it out but do not create a scene by starting a thread here .No personal attack 'direct/indirect, abusive/sarcastic shall be tolerated.

Apart from the Above The Rules Posted for the Section too stays Active for All.

And if we find members violating the above Rule and posting in Other's Topic just to get the topic closed or ruined, WL will be raised of the Member. And Also the members are not expected to retaliate to instigative posts and make things worse and if its done then you have to face the same action.

Its the situations and members here who have forced us to make these Rules.

Any more Queries feel Free to PM either the DT of this Section or Me, Shruti(GM), or Gagan (Gagan may reply to PM'S late till 5/12 but she would try to do as soon as possible)

Thanks
IF Dev Team

Edited by *Shruti* - 13 years ago