SANIA AND LARA TELLING ABOUT CHARITY

dhaval_h_parekh thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Bold and Beautiful

Catch the two success divas, Sania Mirza and Lara Datta, on the Hot Seat. They are here to enthrall us with strength, beauty, and their brains.

KBC Dwitheeya saw the best meet on India's Hot Seat - Bollywood superstar, Amitabh Bachchan, tennis star Sania Mirza and the vivacious, Lara Dutta.

The young sports icon and the Bollywood diva were more than excited to play opposite Mr Bachchan. indya.com catchs up with the ladies before they got on the Hot Seat.

When we asked Sania whether she is a regular KBC follower, she said she does not follow the show regularly but tries to catch up whenever possible. Impressed with the concept of a quiz show she felt, it could prove to be a great help, not only to improve ones general knowledge but also to keep in tune with the current happenings.

Talking about the charitable trusts that she supports, she said she works with two organizations. The first one being Concern India, works for the cause of the under-privileged children and women. The other organization, Sach stands for Save a Child's Heart. This organisation works for children under the age of one year, and suffer with heart problems.

As the conversation proceeded further, Sania shared her fitness regime with us. She said, "As fitness is of paramount importance, I do a lot to keep myself fit and going. My workouts include weight-training and power-running. As far as training for the game is concerned, I rehearse for around six hours a day". However, she said when food is concerned, she lets herself loose and does not restrict herself.

With respect to the constant remarks made on sports persons indulging in excessive brand endorsement, she said she is unperturbed by such comments. She feels as long as it does not affect her performance, she prefers ignoring such remarks.

Sania's tips for aspiring tennis players, "They shouldn't take the game lightly and work towards it solemnly. For starters an hour of training is enough."

As we windup our conversation, we asked her which her favorite sport is, apart from tennis. Her reply: "Cricket, and my favorite cricketer is none other than Sachin Tendulkar."

A rendezvous with the vivacious and magnificent looking guest, Lara Dutta, was just as exciting.

Despite coming from the same fraternity, having Mr Bachchan ask her questions gave Lara a mixed feeling of nervousness and excitement. "But then meeting Mr. Bachchan is never not so exciting" said a thrilled Lara.

Lara said, she follows the show regularly. Further, she adds, "KBC has revolutionized Indian television. It is gripping, and keeps you glued to the couch. The concept of having a celebrity guests who offer help to various charitable organizations, helps promote charity too."

The charitable organization Lara supports is called Mission Udan. It works for special children who are physically and mentally challenged. It also works for the cause of widows of Air Force pilots.

Talking about movies, she has Dosti and Zinda, lined up for release. She has also signed up for David Dhawan's next movie, which is a comedy for obvious reasons. She shares with us that, after giving comic hits like Masti and No Entry, she feels, comedy is her forte and that she should concentrate on movies in this genre.

After this brief yet alluring conversation, we asked her the secret of her health. Without any hesitation, she replied, "There is no secret, all I do is lead a healthy lifestyle." Talking about health, she said, "To be fit, one needs to feel fit, work out, sleep well, stay happy and don't let stress affect you."

As we wrap-up our conversation, we wish these talented women the best of luck for the game, and hope they make some good money, so it can be used for the benefit of the under-privileged.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yesboss thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
where is the video for kbc
yesboss thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
where is the videos for kbc