Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aamir playing half his age, again !!

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Aamir playing half his age, again

For Aamir Khan, the most challenging part of playing a 20-something in Raj Kumar Hirani's 3 Idiots was to work on his physical appearance. The actor admits that he had to work on his mind, body, body language and even his wardrobe singlemindedly. To get under the skin of his character, the actor says he started observing kids. "Many of them were my son Junaid's friends,'' he admits. "I would closely observe how they talk, walk and behave."
Aamir also lets out another secret. He apparently modelled his character Rancho on his cousin Mansoor Khan's teenage son Pablo, who lives in Coonoor with his father. Aamir is very fond of Pablo and he says that he is fascinated by the way Pablo is always moving on his feet, not even stopping to talk. Apparently, the kid even talks while he is on the move. Says Aamir, "Pablo is so fidgety that he can't stand still even for a few minutes."
Director Raju Hirani reveals another secret. Apparently, for his wardrobe and his overall demeanour, Aamir has borrowed heavily from his Ghajini director AR Murgadoss. Says Aamir, "I love the boyish sparkle in his eyesā€¦ he always has a twinkle in his eyes and is full of excitement."
Aamir says that he had keenly observed that the puny Murgadoss always wears worn-out clothes and
T-shirts that are two sizes too large.
"Yaar, first I had work very hard to get those eight packs for Ghajini and then I had to work doubly hard to lose that dream physique and look lean,'' says the actor. He confesses that he also borrowed a couple of oversized T-
shirts from his Ghajini director.
Finally, he adds that for Ghajini he had to
workout strenuously for close to two hours for two years. And to get his 3 Idiots look, he had to reduce 10 kgs of pure muscle

and make it look like a young boy's physique for which he invested another year of rigorous badminton playing.
Says Aamir, "It was important for me to get into the mind of the character, I was sure that physically I would be able to pull it off by observing Pablo. But it was most important to feel young."

http://bollywoodsamachar.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
But again !! cannot he play his own age now !!
DrModel thumbnail

if any other actor had played a young 20 something, he would have been bashed to eternity for not playing his age, being too old, repeating his roles, among other things. However since it is aamir, apparently its being praised as such a difficult thing to do post something just as difficult as ghajini, since aamir hadnt had enough of the 20 something in dil chahta hai or rang de basanti not couting his earlier films off coursešŸ¤”

Edited by shopaholicNY - 14 years ago
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
only he can do it...hes an amazing actor
WildestDreams thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sneh-Jiwan

But again !! cannot he play his own age now !!

agreešŸ˜‰Play your own ages AamiršŸ˜”
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Parm-

agreešŸ˜‰Play your own ages AamiršŸ˜”

tell the same to sharukh n any age can go to a university to study...
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oh well he looks young to me atleast...and younger then all the other 40+
wida thumbnail
from the promos i think eh will be great
and he looks youngg
-Divyaa- thumbnail
he looks really convincing as an college student
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
I have never seen SRK playing a kid role in any movie !! Only in main hoon na he played a school boy but was in the army !!šŸ˜³