Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Ms.GoodMorning

Love is a phenomenon constructed to keep women oppressed.

You have arrived at the right place. But only one sentence!!! You can do better than that.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: souro

You have arrived at the right place.--right time...😆 But only one sentence!!! You can do better than that.

yup.......Looking 4wrd .................................😉😛😃
It's best to always keep people waiting.
souro thumbnail

It's best to always keep people waiting.

Ohh yes, I'm waiting to learn more.
Oh, I'm not teaching anything.

That's just an opinion. Women are made to feel inferior to men and that is why I think we have concepts such as love and how selfless one should be in it. But who is the selfless one, most of the time? The woman. The other day someone told me, "that is how love should be." We were talking about Amitab-Rekha's case; they said love should be selfless like Rekha's. But it is almost always the woman because men are taught different things. They have their own roles - he is strong and doesn't give in too easily.. Women are made to fantasize about their wedding and how the right one would be like.. do men do that? Nope.Edited by Ms.GoodMorning - 14 years ago
souro thumbnail

Oh, I'm not teaching anything.

That's just an opinion. Women are made to feel inferior to men and that is why I think we have concepts such as love and how selfless one should be in it. But who is the selfless one, most of the time? The woman. The other day someone told me, "that is how love should be." We were talking about Amitab-Rekha's case; they said love should be selfless like Rekha's. But it is almost always the woman because men are taught different things. They have their own roles - he is strong and doesn't give in too easily.. Women are made to fantasize about their wedding and how the right one would be like.. do men do that? Nope.

I guess what you're talking about is marriage and not love. Yes, in marriage many societies expect the woman to compromise more. I don't think those expectations are there in love.
And 'women are made to fantasize about their wedding'?? How can anyone force someone to fantasize about anything??
Not exactly. I think both are kind of related, but with the fantasizing, it is internalized. It is how you are brought up to be. You can't deny that both sexes have certain roles to fulfill in society. With that, the emotional stuff is fallen on the woman and historically, women have been been made to always do the "right" thing. Be religious, moral - more so than the man. Women are supposed to be more into that kind of thing and I believe that love falls under that category hence my oppression comment. 😊

I might not be making sense.. I'm kinda crazy!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
What is love?

A classic song by Haddaway

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo[/YOUTUBE]
souro thumbnail

Not exactly. I think both are kind of related, but with the fantasizing, it is internalized. It is how you are brought up to be. You can't deny that both sexes have certain roles to fulfill in society. With that, the emotional stuff is fallen on the woman and historically, women have been been made to always do the "right" thing. Be religious, moral - more so than the man. Women are supposed to be more into that kind of thing and I believe that love falls under that category hence my oppression comment. 😊

I might not be making sense.. I'm kinda crazy!

I think you're making more sense than I expected (after seeing some others). Though I still think love is actually a stand alone feeling, and there is not really expectations in the purest form. Only when it is given a name (i.e. marriage) that the expectations arise.
And the other expectations that you're talking about, being moral and such things, that can't really make someone more loving towards others. These things also are expectations of the society and how they view an ideal daughter, wife or mother. But that doesn't mean that society doesn't expect a man to be moral. A man is also expected to be moral, upright and so on. That is exactly why people hold characters like Ram, above other men. If morality of men didn't matter then Ram would've been regarded as any other common person. But I'll agree with you that some expectations and roles do differ between the sexes.
Edited by souro - 14 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Haule Haule se hawa lagti hai
Haule haule se dawa lagti hai
Haule haule se dua lagti hai
haaan
Haaye
Haule Haule chanda badhta hai
Haule Haule Ghonghat uth ta hai
Haule haule se nasha chadhta hai