Page 1 of 25

Page 1
Page   of 25
Page 2 Page 25

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:09am | IP Logged
some young kids seem to have the right idea.
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, 'What does 'love' mean?' 
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. 
You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' 
Billy - age 4

'Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.' 
Karl - age 5

'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.' 

Chrissie- age 6

'Love is when my mummy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.' 
Danny - age 7

'Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. 
My Mummy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss' 
Emily - age 8

'Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.' 
Noelle - age 7

'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.'
Tommy - age 6

'My mummy loves me more than anybody 

You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.' 
Clare - age 6

'Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day' 
Mary Ann - age 4

'I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.' 
Lauren - age 4

'You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.'
Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a con test he was asked to judge. 

The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. 

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. 

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. 

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbour, the little boy said, 
'Nothing, I just helped him cry'

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

casper2-Snehachimulispiritcrimson-Rinky-Fair-n-luvlyMeena1..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is Love ?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Of all emotions Love has always been ranked the highest and yet like all emotions the scientist cannot measure or understand it. Questions like why a mother loves her child so much has never quite found the right answer. Generally most love has an ulterior motive and a trade off. But there are some who translate their love into action too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:36am | IP Logged
I read somewere that says 'love like a ladder',It starts with one person, it ends with the totality.. I believe love is the only real thing worth doing...Love is involvement.... it is commitment. It is not momentary. Once it takes roots, it can be forever. It can be a lifelong involvement. Love needs intimacy, and only when you are intimate does the other become a mirror....and I believe love is discovery of ourselfs in others...so keep loving...Smile

Meena1

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

I read somewere that says 'love like a ladder',It starts with one person, it ends with the totality.. I believe love is the only real thing worth doing...Love is involvement.... it is commitment. It is not momentary. Once it takes roots, it can be forever. It can be a lifelong involvement. Love needs intimacy, and only when you are intimate does the other become a mirror....and I believe love is discovery of ourselfs in others...so keep loving...Smile
Believe ji you are idealistic and romantic too.
But  yes in pure Love I believe the ego falls apart.
So Love is "us" and "we" and not just you and me.

It is said that when love is pure and true one cannot live without the other and as soon as one passes away the other person too cannot live any longer.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Love, it just is. I don't think there really is any way to answer what is love. You just give your heart and care for people with genuine compassion, and hopefully someday you wake up with that inexplicable feeling knowing that your life will never be the same. I believe that when it finally is the real deal, you just will know it, the force will be strong with you and guide you and let things fall in place.

But since I watched Stardust today

You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine. 

- Yvaine to Tristan

And because I am a movie buff

I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest.

- Priam in Troy

If you come, we'll never be safe. Men will hunt us, the gods will curse us, but I'll love you. Until the day they burn my body, I'll love you.

- Paris in Troy

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

- Moulin Rougue

baz786

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:39am | IP Logged

Vinzy

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

Yes it is funny and cute.LOL

Meena1

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Love, it just is. I don't think there really is any way to answer what is love. You just give your heart and care for people with genuine compassion, and hopefully someday you wake up with that inexplicable feeling knowing that your life will never be the same. I believe that when it finally is the real deal, you just will know it, the force will be strong with you and guide you and let things fall in place.

But since I watched Stardust today

You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine. 

- Yvaine to Tristan

And because I am a movie buff

I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest.

- Priam in Troy

If you come, we'll never be safe. Men will hunt us, the gods will curse us, but I'll love you. Until the day they burn my body, I'll love you.

- Paris in Troy

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

- Moulin Rougue

Nice lines.ClapClap

Yes if you love someone you normally feel happy to see that person.
Often our attitude and feelings towards a certain person also affects his or her attitude towards us.
Guess nothing needs to be spoken.
Some say love cannot be taken for granted and it has to be nutured and looked after.
The brains will have to go hand in hand with the heart too; and proper communication.
Maintaining good and neat physical appearance is also useful in love.

Edited by Summer3 - 04 November 2009 at 2:18am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top