*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
For the first time today, I listened to the song Raat Ke Dhai Baje from Kaminey. And the song was fine, until I heard a voice that made me go 'WHAT'? I could swear that it was Suresh Wadkar's evergreen voice. And I come home and check and it really is him. My question is why THIS song and why is he singing with Kunal Ganjawala and Sunidhi Chauhan? Its so random.

Here's the song for those who haven't heard:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwvCBARFpu8[/YOUTUBE]

And agreed that this thought did not deserve a whole topic. Therefore, I'm calling it random and people can use it to jot down any other random thoughts (music-related of course) that pop into their heads. :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Randomly because Lily Allen has a song for every situation.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F13A0dkwbj8[/YOUTUBE]

Can't knock em out, can't walk away,
Try desperately to think of the politest way to say,
Just get out my face, just leave me alone 😉

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

For the first time today, I listened to the song Raat Ke Dhai Baje from Kaminey. And the song was fine, until I heard a voice that made me go 'WHAT'? I could swear that it was Suresh Wadkar's evergreen voice. And I come home and check and it really is him. My question is why THIS song and why is he singing with Kunal Ganjawala and Sunidhi Chauhan? Its so random.

Here's the song for those who haven't heard:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwvCBARFpu8[/YOUTUBE]

And agreed that this thought did not deserve a whole topic. Therefore, I'm calling it random and people can use it to jot down any other random thoughts (music-related of course) that pop into their heads. :)

Ah nice to listen thanks Anju. Nice to see u open a topic too.
These day several good singers do not have an avenue to express themselves and I hope the MDs do not waste such talents. Even Sonuji was complaining.
Songs these days are churned out in volumes and it is not easy to keep up too.

For the first time today, I listened to the song Raat Ke Dhai Baje from Kaminey. And the song was fine, until I heard a voice that made me go 'WHAT'? I could swear that it was Suresh Wadkar's evergreen voice. And I come home and check and it really is him. My question is why THIS song and why is he singing with Kunal Ganjawala and Sunidhi Chauhan?

Those are good questions.

Likely answers are a) Vishal Bharadwaj thought he had to have Suresh Wadkar on board for this masterpiece b) Suresh Wadkar is in need of money and will sing any song that comes his way now. c) It's an event that, while befuddling, is totally random in nature. In other words, it just so happened.

I will go with the third one. It fits the randomness of the topic.
mbharat2007 thumbnail

I have heard Suresh Wadkar's songs from his earlier days and his voice was indeed golden then. Over the years, unfortunately, a lot of that gold has lost its shine and in the last few years, he has tended to go a lot nasal. Yet, undoubtedly, he is one of the most accomplished singer of the recent times and is still a pleasure to listen too. He is a master of sur-taal and possesses indepth knowledge about Indian classical music and raagas. Above all, he runs a music school and has the reputation of being an excellent guru.

I have seen episodes of Marathi SRGMP on Zee Marathi and his deeply analytical comments after listening to songs and suggestions for improvement were awesome. I have not seen him comment in such detail whenever he is a judge on Hindi SRGMP. Reason being the format and intent of the 2 programs is vastly different.
_DrEaM_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ah...that is erm i don't know shocking? weird? or whatever ...

I am sorry if I am sounding like a noob here but I really didn't get to hear much of his singing these years or are there any and I am not aware of?

Possibly it's because the kind of songs for such singers are no longer composed ( or the quantity is rare) so they just accept such offers....

I also got another question in mind after seeing mbharat's reply and that is how come singers can turn nasal? I think they do their rihaaz and they are in touch with music most of the time but still their nasal quality appears out of nothing why so?
Now that I think and think Ajnu. I think you have a very good ear for music. 👍🏼
rafi said that suresh wadekar will be a great singer some day when he was taking a stroll with talat mahmood and heard suresh wadekar sing.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Now that I think and think Ajnu. I think you have a very good ear for music. 👍🏼

Oh, well, thank you. I wonder why you had to think and think so much before reaching that conclusion. 😆

Oh, well, thank you. I wonder why you had to think and think so much before reaching that conclusion. 😆

I was thinking for an answer to your questions. Then randomly I thought about your tastes in music. In a random order of things I thought its a fitting conclusion to any random question.