Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Feminine charm and flirting and sexual harassment

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Where do we draw a line between Flirting and sexual harassment.
Is flirting a feminine way of getting things they want?

(Based on BBC article )

Edited by Summer3 - 03 November 2009 at 12:19am

kuhu.kuhu IF-Sizzlerz
kuhu.kuhu
kuhu.kuhu

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
"Is flirting a feminine way of getting things they want?

I didn't know flirting is just a feminine trait ....Confused..Moreover as "they" r u referring to the whole feminine clan???...Summer ..u need to clarify that whole statement ...it could rouse lots of heated debate ..that's why 1st I want clarification from u ..LOL.. Jo main samajhti hoon aap wohi kah rahe ho ya aap aapka matlab kuchh aur hai Big smileWink

Edited by kuhu.kuhu - 02 November 2009 at 8:15pm
psychobalehead IF-Dazzler

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Men and women both flirt. Men and women both have their charms that can make people melt. Sometimes its to get things they want, sometimes its just for fun, sometimes its because they like someone, sometimes its just nature, there are many reasons to flirting.

When the person receiving the attention enjoys it, makes them feel good and brings an inner smile to them - its welcome. When the person receiving the attention does not respond, could care less and is apathetic, its time to stop. When the person receiving attention is annoyed, upset or feeling uncomfortable it has crossed the line into harassment. Unfortunately there are too many idiots out there who think they are oh so debonair and charming.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1..RamKiJanaki..

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuhu.kuhu

"Is flirting a feminine way of getting things they want?

I didn't know flirting is just a feminine trait ....Confused..Moreover as "they" r u referring to the whole feminine clan???...Summer ..u need to clarify that whole statement ...it could rouse lots of heated debate ..that's why 1st I want clarification from u ..LOL.. Jo main samajhti hoon aap wohi kah rahe ho ya aap aapka matlab kuchh aur hai Big smileWink

Okay I was rushing so did not have much time.
But I heard it on BBC that some women  take advantage of  their  feminine charm to get what they wanted. Flirting  was one such tool which they used to their full advantage. LOL

The same can be said of men who are charming and call the shots, but I doubt they would be as effective as the ladies.

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychobalehead

If a tall,hot,handsome,sexy guy is hitting on ya, its flirting.If an ugly,old,bald,fat guy is hitting on ya, its sexual harassment. Accept it or not, its just how most of us females GENERALLY operate. Also, yes, I hate to stereotype but you go to a bar and watch, the hot girl will flutter her eyelashes, push her body forward and the nearest man will buy her a drink. LOL

Goes to show more about the stereotype of the dumb bimbo. Its not the hot chick's fault that she figured out that men have outsourced thinking to the opposite end.

But its not girls with the fluttery tricks up their sleeves. The guy thing to do is walk up to the bar, sit by the girls and ask the bartender for a shot in a sullen voice to mark the end of a relationship. All the girls go aww no one does a shot alone, and there go the rounds.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:44pm | IP Logged

If a tall,hot,handsome,sexy guy is hitting on ya, its flirting.If an ugly,old,bald,fat guy is hitting on ya, its sexual harassment. Accept it or not, its just how most of us females GENERALLY operate. Also, yes, I hate to stereotype but you go to a bar and watch, the hot girl will flutter her eyelashes, push her body forward and the nearest man will buy her a drink. LOL

Psychobalehead LOL

Flirting is always verbal (as far as I am aware), it is light-hearted and usually happens outside of work settings (it shouldn't happen when you are on your employer's clock). It is sometimes invited, welcomed and reciprocated. While flirting is not necessarily welcomed, the person receiving it is free to reject it, inform the one flirting to stop, leave the presence of the one flirting, or get help. Being on the receiving end of flirting should not be difficult to stop; if what is happening is hard to stop, it is not flirting. Flirting is a kind of social language, and is not bad in and of itself. It's a way for people to give signals to others that that is some interest.

Harrassment is any behavior, verbal or otherwise, that has a sexual meaning or is suggestive of something sexual, and that is not welcomed by the person receiving it. Harrassment can happen anywhere, not just at work. No one should feel forced into allowing this kind of behavior to interfere with comfort at work. It can be really difficult for a person who has reason to suspect that one's job security would be on the line if a complaint is made. The person doing the harrassing might be a supervisor, for example.

Edited by Summer3 - 03 November 2009 at 12:24am
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by psychobalehead

Goes to show more about the stereotype of the dumb bimbo. Its not the hot chick's fault that she figured out that men have outsourced thinking to the opposite end.

But its not girls with the fluttery tricks up their sleeves. The guy thing to do is walk up to the bar, sit by the girls and ask the bartender for a shot in a sullen voice to mark the end of a relationship. All the girls go aww no one does a shot alone, and there go the rounds.

Yes. Wonder what our Psychobald has been fantasizingLOL
But these days the ball game has all changed.

Post Reply New Topic

Go to top