Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 05 November 2009 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
@Gauri-you didnt put department of physics.. i need them....

Maybe i can contact my teachers about a new grading system...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Good teacher (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 06 November 2009 at 2:08am | IP Logged
As long as the student understands the subject at hand the teacher is doing a great job, no matter whether he is beating it into the student or explaining it into the student

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 07 November 2009 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Rinky-

Hello friends,
    Back with yet another topic....I wanted to discuss the role of a good teacher....or what a good teacher stands for? I have always been a little academically oriented and love books... I have faced many teachers  and proffs in school and college...But irrespective of how well I did in a particular subject or how worse i performed I still remember few teachers with more fondness than te others....

I remember having a Geography teacher extremely strict with marks, but all my love for geography is due to her...We had 1.5 hours of classes and never really knew when they started and finished... She taught so well...Then we had another english teacher who made our interaction with her so easy and in a happy-go-lucky way she taught us so well that I started loving literature.....

Similarly I had many disgusting teachers....Remember thse ones who loved to insult students, some insulted the entire family line of students,showed partiality towards the brillinat ones...tried to cover up their lack of knowledge by throwing hieroglyphic theories which were bound to confuse us....I had started hating chemistry due to one of my school teachers .... I havent been able to truly like the subject ever....but i did get good marks in my board exams...

So friends who according to you is a good teacher?? A person who helps you to mug... or a person who cares for you like gardener cares for a sapling....watering your emotions and curiosity and turning you towards knowledge?

How do you define a good teacher??do share your thoughts

Thanx
Rinky
Hi Rinky,
Nice topic Smile
Acc to me good teacher is the one who :
    tries to understand you as an individual and a student helps you in understanding the beauty of the subject she/he is dealing with helps you understand the beauty of knowledge, knowledge enhancement, knowledge sharing helps you, guides you in trying to understand your CORE COMPETENCY areas , life's goals & ambitions and last but not respects your ideas and emotions
  1. TEACH but not PREACH

Cheers,

Myth

Edited by myth13 - 07 November 2009 at 3:49am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Rinky-

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 07 November 2009 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

As long as the student understands the subject at hand the teacher is doing a great job, no matter whether he is beating it into the student or explaining it into the student

eventually the student might loose interest if he is beaten up to grasp it...

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 07 November 2009 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Rinky, amazing post. Since I;m still in school, I'd know which teacher I like and which I one I dont. Lol.

Well, we have all sorts of teachers. And since I have always been the good-girl types for them, I have never had any issues with any of the teachers. But certainly, their teaching is what leaves an effect on me. I have many teachers. There are certain subjects which I love reading, but if the teacher turns out crappy, I start losing interest in that subject. Like for example, I LOVE English Literature. But My teacher teaches it in a very dry way, which just puts me off to sleep, instead of listening with enthusiasm. Same goes for Maths. I love that subject, but as usual, the teacher doesn't do a good job. There are some teachers who are extremely strict, and teach very well, but I only listen to them cause they're strict, not because I understand whatever they teach. So the way they behave with students is what makes a difference. Teachers should be polite, when needed, and strict only when needed. They should teach the subject in a way where kids enjoy to listen, and not just doze off or bunk that particular lecture. I remember, I used to hate History/Civics, but my teacher was simply amazing. The way she taught it, I fell in love with that subject.

So it all depends on HOW the teacher teaches and behaves. If he/she is strict and teaches well, it's no point, because kids don't tend to respect a teacher who is rude and harsh. Whereas, if the teacher doesn't teach well at all, they begin finding flaws in his/her teaching. So the teacher needs to be able to teach in such a manner, where he/she is able to grasp the student's attention. Now That's what I call as a Good Teacher

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Rinky-

lavienrose

IF-Stunnerz

lavienrose

Posted: 07 November 2009 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Well, I feel a teacher is someone who enables a student to learn, gives him the tools, the explanations, creates the learning circumstances. But this is not all. An ideal teacher knows how to talk to students and give them confidence when they lack it, encouragement when they need it, praise when they succeed. A teacher should also model polite behaviour, acceptable ways of resolving conflict. inspire students to reach for the stars. A good teacher notices the strong points of each student's personality and enables that student to get to know himself and appreciate himself.

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 07 November 2009 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mannu-

Well, I feel a teacher is someone who enables a student to learn, gives him the tools, the explanations, creates the learning circumstances. But this is not all. An ideal teacher knows how to talk to students and give them confidence when they lack it, encouragement when they need it, praise when they succeed. A teacher should also model polite behaviour, acceptable ways of resolving conflict. inspire students to reach for the stars. A good teacher notices the strong points of each student's personality and enables that student to get to know himself and appreciate himself.

Completely agree....teachers should help students in becoming a responsible, calm, matured person...Able to deal with the pressures of life in a tranquil manner and never give up.....Good teachers impart knowledge and help cultivate wisdom....

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 09 November 2009 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Rinky-

Originally posted by -Mannu-

Completely agree....teachers should help students in becoming a responsible, calm, matured person...Able to deal with the pressures of life in a tranquil manner and never give up.....Good teachers impart knowledge and help cultivate wisdom....

yes teachers should help in the character building of the students., not just passing an exam after memorising all the answers.

Some teachers do nothing but scold and scold
Some teachers keep slogging hard and keep cramming the students
A good teacher inspires the students and is a role model ( not just in the subjects being taught)

A good teacher should know her work as well as know how to deal with students and keep a respectful distance at the same time (especially if it is between the opposite sex).

Post Reply New Post

Go to top