Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Hello friends,
    Back with yet another topic....I wanted to discuss the role of a good teacher....or what a good teacher stands for? I have always been a little academically oriented and love books... I have faced many teachers  and proffs in school and college...But irrespective of how well I did in a particular subject or how worse i performed I still remember few teachers with more fondness than te others....

I remember having a Geography teacher extremely strict with marks, but all my love for geography is due to her...We had 1.5 hours of classes and never really knew when they started and finished... She taught so well...Then we had another english teacher who made our interaction with her so easy and in a happy-go-lucky way she taught us so well that I started loving literature.....

Similarly I had many disgusting teachers....Remember thse ones who loved to insult students, some insulted the entire family line of students,showed partiality towards the brillinat ones...tried to cover up their lack of knowledge by throwing hieroglyphic theories which were bound to confuse us....I had started hating chemistry due to one of my school teachers .... I havent been able to truly like the subject ever....but i did get good marks in my board exams...

So friends who according to you is a good teacher?? A person who helps you to mug... or a person who cares for you like gardener cares for a sapling....watering your emotions and curiosity and turning you towards knowledge?

How do you define a good teacher??do share your thoughts

Thanx
Rinky

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IdeaQueen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Good teacher" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Hi Rinky Wassup!! ....Big smile     My view:   I believe a good teacher is same like a good friend.....he just make you understand whats right or wrong or what to do and how to do...We can teach or train a person forcefully or a friendly atmostphire..and a teacher should understand the level and abilities of each student....My Prof. always ask me questions....and he used to tell joke related with particuler subject too, That make me more interest to sit his classes, and I love to learn enquire based learning....Smile

Nowadays education in school and colleges are becoming challenging, we have heared min of 50 abuse stories/racism cases etc in last 6 months...School running behind money and result ,teachers forget to how to behave and teach to students, they loose their values and ethics...they forget their role to build a good soceity.....its all become a mechanical..

Edited by Believe - 01 November 2009 at 1:23am

-CaughtYou-

IF-Rockerz

-CaughtYou-

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 1:17am | IP Logged
A good teacher is the one who knows to guide you in all the right places at the right time irrespective of the ways they adopt Wink

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 1:35am | IP Logged
a good teacher  is one who can guide U, inspire U & encourage U to excel in ur tasks. A good teacher shud also help U to know urself & devp ur own individuality.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Rinky-

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -CaughtYou-

A good teacher is the one who knows to guide you in all the right places at the right time irrespective of the ways they adopt Wink

what do you mean?? care to explain...

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

a good teacher  is one who can guide U, inspire U & encourage U to excel in ur tasks. A good teacher shud also help U to know urself & devp ur own individuality.

yes i agree with you... but for that you need to interact with a teacher well... or the teacher needs to do away with their prejudice and arrogance and respect their students.. which rarely happens...

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Rinky-

Originally posted by -CaughtYou-

what do you mean?? care to explain...

The winking eye makes me suspect special perquisites for educational excellence.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 10:29am | IP Logged
A good teacher is one who instills in students the value that knowledge is a lifelong process. Income and status are fruits of labor, not knowledge. A good teacher will recognize a students true potential and tap that, who encourages your skills even if it means against the flow, outside the box.

A good teacher is for whom a student wants to stand up on the bench and salute saying 'O captain, My Captain'

(Watch Dead Poets Society if you did not get the last line)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IdeaQueen-Rinky-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top