Beyond the pretty face.. l One shot - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
This is one of the realistic writings.. all so well-written! Cheers to your cousin!!!!!
beautiful neetz...

ive never read a story of this sort..
hats off

xx aanchal

Hey Liza!!!!!

This insight reminded me of my all time wish of having a completely simple and sober wedding ceremony of my own. As part of my own brother's wedding I realized with all the 'paparazzi' the bride and the groom end up not enjoying their own wedding! But that really is digressing from the issue at hand, which I feel your cousin has hit a bull's eye on!

I wouldn't go into details of the write up per se but rather for me what it attempted to bring out in a metaphoric sense or what an instance was true as a whole for a lot of other things: that which is true of the society as a whole! Just the other day my friend and I were dwelling on the hypocrisy with which the society expects each individual to function in the society. Where any action or reaction different from the conventional is considered rebellious and your heart's opinion is exactly what you are supposed to keep to yourself. It indeed is an irony that the very happiness and peace which the society claims to bring with its so called proper functioning is what is the lost cause for each one of us as individuals.

A great attempt from your cousin and kudos to her for that! Thanks for posting it and for the pm!

Love

Smriti
Thanks for the comments guys! I'll probably ask my cousin to come and reply since she's the one who wrote it :D
Loll....amazing!!!!

Part of the reason why I dread marriage! =))

I think we need mainstream society to read things like these!

And those fae smiles...I remember by sister's wedding...at the reception she was having a real nice loss of temper. She was shoving all the gifts in our faces. And she was smiling at the guests too.
I was openly annoyed during the reception,  remember.

The garland jaymala ceremony...well it was more of a game than anything else.
Loll...no one enjoys their own wedding...its a much proven fact 😆

As for all the restrictions...I hate that about the Indian society...always all the restrictions and "responsibility" on the woman.
Hey guys, I'm Aprajita :) lol I didn't know that neeta would actually post this story here. But nonetheless, Thankyou so much! 🤗 for your overwhelming response and love :)

I'll reply to all posts in a while :)
Hey Aprajita!!

Welcome to the Forums!!!

Well yes, thanks to Lizi for giving us this ome-shot! Enjoyed reading it. Awesome work Aprajita! Keep it going!
Originally posted by scratches-head

Hey guys, I'm Aprajita :) lol I didn't know that neeta would actually post this story here. But nonetheless, Thankyou so much! 🤗 for your overwhelming response and love :)

Hey Aprajita!!!!
Welcome 2 the forum! That was one beautiful work from you! Kudos to that!
Hope to see many more coming our way!

Cheers!
Smriti

@Neeta: Hello! You seem to be an expert with the disappearing act! :P
i was at a wedding a little while ago... and i so totally understand where this story is coming from cuz after the wedding, my new bhabhi was dead tired and she said that she hated the extreme amount of makeup and the ridiculously heavy outfit!
nyways, i like your cousin's writing... you should tell her to share her stuff more often!
Originally posted by scratches-head

What kind of a username is that anyway ?? 'Scratches-head' ??? 😆

Smriti - Heyy I'm here woman, just a little busy =(
Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago