Hi everyone, im new to this part of IF. I bought this magazine from Boots and it has some great tips, so i though i'd share it with you guys.
1. Dab of powder 'Always carry a powder compact for shine emergencies. Try Max Factor Cream Puff' says Kylie Minouge's make-up artist, Caroline Barnes.
2. Brush up Stewert Long, Boots scientific skincare advisor reveals that 'just 20 seconds of body brushing before a shower stimulates blood & lymph flow & exfoliates the skin, as well as boosting your mood.'
3. Get moving Ingeborg van Lotringen, Cosopolitian's beauty director, says 'Regular exercise clears my skin & is anti-ageing. Plus it's also the number 1 stress-buster.'
4. Bronzed goddess 'Whenever I'm feeling grotty, a self-tan works wonders,' says Georgina Goodall, Reveal magazine's beauty director. 'Even a sweep of bronzer over my cheeks hides a multitude of sins.'
5. Emergency DIY hair 'If grey roots are peeking through dark hair, use mascara or an eyebrow pencil to temporarily cover up,' advises Umberto Giannini hair stylist Ben Randle.
6. Know your hair Ben Randle says that how your hair looks can have a massive effect on the way you feel. 'Keep son fail-safe ways to dress your hair such as a simple pony-tail.'
7-8 Pump it up Jo Wood, founder of Jo Wood Organics, swears by a good workout & deep breathing to keep up spirits. 'The post-exercise glow is cheaper than a facial, while 20 mintues of quiet contemplation a day re-energises mind & body.'
9. Best foot forward Celebrity foot expert Margaret Dabbs claims: 'Comfortable, clean, tidy feet have a positive effect on the way you feel.'
10. Scent of happiness 'Fragrance is one of the best things you can buy to make you feel great,' says perfume guru Roja Dove. 'Each ingredient stimulates your feel-good hormones, which do everything from giving you energy to cheering you up.'
11. Beat stress naturally 'Place two drops of an uplifting essential oil, such as neroli, in a candle burner or add 4 drops to a bath, says Emma Thompson, from Neal's Yard Remedies.
12, Fake your lashes 'They enhance your eyes & save you from putting on eye-make-upm but make you look & feel glam,' says Claire Ray, celebrity make-up artist.
13. Get on your bike Cycling to work makes you feel more energetic & awake throughout the day, plus it's a great thigh trimmer,' says She magazine's beauty editor, Jess Henley.
14. Go barefoot 'Padding around your home without shoes will help exercise the 26 bones & 20 muscles in each foot & make you feel carefree,' says foot expert Margaret Dabbs.
15. Mini facial 'Every morning & evening I take a few mintues to massage my cleanser into my skin,' says Leyla Tabaksert, Zest magazine beauty editor. 'It makes my skin look ultra radiant.'
16. Magic lift 'A beautiful brow, one that's been arched, tweezed, plcuked, shaped & properly angled, can look like a mini-facelift,' says Marcia Kilgore, founder of Soap & Glory
17-18 Groomed in minutes 'If you're time poor, a quick buff makes a big difference between dull & high-gloss nails,' says Revelon manicurist Andrea Fulerton. 'And play with colour; it will bring your nails to life.'
19. Love your lips 'Lip liner is like a Wonderbra for the lips!' says celebrity make-up artist Charlotte Tilbury. 'Fill in your lips with it before slicking on your favourite gloss or lipstick. This will make lips look fuller, youthful & more vibrant.'
20. Feel good with fragrances Citrus or jasmine energise, while vanilla is an aphrodisiac, says Roja Dove.
21, 22, 23 & 24 Lisa Eldridge, No.7 celebrity make-up artist: 21. Flush brush; 'Cream blushes are great for luminosity.' 22. Go for the glow; 'Highlighters pens really brighten the skin.' 23. Smudge-proof your eyeliner; 'Trace over the line with a matching powder shadow.' 24. Long lasting lips; 'Use a lip base to ensure lipstick stays put.'
25. Switch to minerals 'If you suffer from blemishes, try super-fine mineral make-up, which really covers up redness & pimples,' says celebrity make-up artist Caroline Frazer.
26. Look great on a budget 'Steam your face with full-fat milk - it's great for brightening dry skin & helping to clear impurities,' says celebrity make-up artist guru Ruby Hammer.
27. Smile with confidence 'Kepp gums healthy & pink, so your teeth look whiter, by brushing twcie a day, & ensuring you floss regularly,' says Boots oral care expert Ian Marlow.
28. Sleeping beauty If you're going to splurge on one thing, make it a night cream. 'Skin repairs as we sleep & is under less assault from environmental aggressors,' explains Boots skincare adviser Stewert Long.
29. Re-energise by detoxing, advises Boots nutritionist Vicky Pennington: 'Avoid sugary, salty & fatty foods, cut back on caffeine & alcohol & fill up on fruit & veg, grains & seeds to help you feel revitalised.'
30. Water works Lifestyle guru Linda Bird swears by water to make her feel energised. '1.2 litres a day can make you feel so much brighter.'
Well there you go guys, i hope this helps loads!!
[This is from the Boots magazine, so none of these helpful tips are mine]