Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Hi

Do you think marriages except business contracts,cos we commit to each other before a magistrate-- you are insulting love....We want to be married and we will remain married. It is our promise, given to the law... we will not separate and we will not deceive each other. Do you think this is not a great insult of love? Are not you putting law above love? Love need any law to prove it!?Smile

your views!
Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Putting law above love" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 4:50am | IP Logged
marriage was supposed to B a life long contract. Love came in later. Wink

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

marriage was supposed to B a life long contract. Love came in later. Wink
So you mean sign contract and start love....Big smileya now a days we can see only Conditional loveSmile

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged
It all depends on how you view the bond of marriage. Some people think it is simply signing a piece of paper and legally obtaining a title of husband and wife to display to society. And that's perfectly fine as well, as long as they have made promises to each other and feel completed by each other. As long as there is love, a marriage license doesn't mean much.

However, to idiots like me, marriage itself is a promise of eternal love, a celebration of two people coming together. But marriage is not represented by the ink on the legal paper, but rather by the emotions that it brings about. And therefore, the legal aspect is just a social obligation and nothing more.

Having said that, I am a sucker for weddings, and I enjoy watching people celebrate having found each other in life. Watching two people come together and begin their life journey is one of the most beautiful things in life, in my opinion. To me, marriage is standing before God, exchanging vows, declaring your love, and accepting each other.

Sure, marriage is now associated with legal and societal expectations as well, but that is only because of the system that we have created for ourselves. God didn't invent marriage licenses, we did. But below it all, marriage is still a promise of love, and nothing more. So look beyond the license and to the person that you're willing to spend the rest of your life with.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_DrEaM_Fair-n-luvly

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 10:01am | IP Logged
No one is giving promise to the law. Marriage laws were not created to sanctify or glorify marriage in any way, or replace love. Marriage laws were created to protect the rights and interests of spouses and children. Its just a necessary tool in place to preserve some form of rules and order in the process of marriage.

A legal system is there to preserve order in organized society. Just because a legal system exists it does not replace basic human morality and emotion. You can work based only on the law, or on your feelings too. Business can be done as purely contracts between two people, or you can include a sense of honor and cooperation without it too.

Besides legal marriage documents do not include any promises of love. That has always been reserved to the wedding vows, culture, rituals and traditions of the two people getting married. It about mutual love and commitment.

That being said I feel most societies tend to put law above love, because love seems to be put on the backburner before these laws. 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

However, to idiots like me, marriage itself is a promise of eternal love, a celebration of two people coming together. But marriage is not represented by the ink on the legal paper, but rather by the emotions that it brings about. And therefore, the legal aspect is just a social obligation and nothing more.

You know every debate on marriage or no marriage - this is the definition I have been citing - a commitment between two people. But even if people have that level of trust and commitment, but do not sign that piece of paper - you call them live-in.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 10:17am | IP Logged

The word love has different meanings for ppl. Love in the pure sense or unconditional love is very rare. Most of the love we is conditional & transitory. Anyway no one loves intentionally - love happens whereas marriage is intentional wether ur own or parents or sum1 else.. Marriage is a commitment IMO. One cant B blamed for falling in or out of luv as its beyond ones vol control but then as human beings we have a conscience that guides our action. I think one shud go by what ones conscience dictates under those circumstances.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro

Post Reply New Post

Go to top