Muslim bride stabs hubby for 'infidel'ity

Posted: 14 years ago

your take on this... πŸ˜†..

Muslim bride stabs hubby for 'infidel'ity

Die, infidel!

A devout Muslim woman, furious at her new husband for trying to make her drink booze, eat pork and wear revealing clothes, allegedly tried to slaughter him in his sleep.

Staten Island prosecutors said Rabia Sarwar, 37, slashed the neck of hubby Sheikh Naseem at 3 a.m. Wednesday while screaming, "It's time for you to die!"

"She was sitting on top of my chest, and she was cutting my neck. She was ranting, 'I have tried to take my life three or four times before. I have no regard for my life. It's time for you to die,' " he said.

Naseem, a 41-year-old high-school math teacher who goes by the nickname "Eddie," managed to wrest the knife away from his wife -- whom he wed five months ago in an arranged marriage. He pleaded for her to consider his two kids from a previous marriage.

"She just screamed, 'They are going to be orphans now!' " he said. "She kept on coming after me with the knife, and I grabbed it and broke it into two pieces and ran out of the room."

He then realized that Sarwar had hidden all the phones, so he pounded on a neighbor's door for help.

Police were called to the scene in New Brighton and arrested Sarwar.

Naseem suffered only surface wounds to his neck, face and hands.

Naseem -- who was born in Pakistan but is half-Norwegian and practices the Unitarian faith -- said he moved to the United States more than 20 years ago and quickly adapted to American culture, drinking casually and developing a taste for barbecued ribs.

He twice married non-Pakistani women.

When those marriages failed, he wed Sarwar -- who also hails from Pakistan -- five months ago through nuptials arranged by relatives in New Jersey.

Although Sarwar has lived in the United States for more than a decade, Naseem said, "she had never been exposed to American culture."

At first, everything seemed fine, he said.

"She was getting adjusted. She was trying to live the way I live, but on the same token, she tells her parents, 'I went out drinking with him,' and her mother started making derogatory statements about me," he said. "There was no gun pointed to her head to do these things.

"She even had a favorite drink -- black Russians."

Sarwar's lawyer, Joe Licitra, admitted his client had been hospitalized in the past for depression, but insisted she had been "emotionally abused."

"He got her to drink alcohol, eat pork and change her clothes. She wanted to dress traditionally. I think he was a cruel person who preyed on her," he said.

In her statement to police, Sarwar said she was under the impression Naseem was a Muslim. She was stunned to find he wasn't, and that his favorite book was Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses" -- the book that led the Ayatollah Khomeini to put out a contract for the author's murder.

She allegedly told cops about her knife attack: "I tried my best to cut his throat."

Sarwar -- who appeared in court wearing a velour tracksuit and flip-flops but later put on a headscarf -- was charged with attempted murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon, according to DA Daniel Donovan. She was released on $25,000 bail.

Naseem said he would immediately file for divorce but did not think she should be in jail.

"I think she's a lunatic and she should be in a mental hospital," he said. "I want the best for her in her life. I hope she gets herself corrected." 

Paul Martinka
PORKY REVENGE: Rabia Sarwar, leaving court yesterday, allegedly attacked her spouse in bed because he made her eat pork, drink booze and wear sexy clothes.

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/local/staten_island/muslim_bride_stabs_hubby_for_infidel_5nIpBNSX84Y6ZuWhA0JgIL

Cant take anything now!! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰Bed room ego issues!!!πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

She cra-cra.

I dont think she is cra or watever.....I think he is not able to handle his wife... or dont have the capacity.......πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Believe

I dont think she is cra or watever.....I think he is not able to handle his wife... or dont have the capacity.......πŸ˜ƒ

That's because you're also cra-cra.

That's because you're also cra-cra. ---no mood to fight!!! but one thing you know...one Cra knows another Cra...just chill

🀣🀣🀣

Who's fighting? Cra-cra is a shorter form for the word crazy. And I am definitely crazy, no doubts there. But you definitely take the cake in this topic, defending that insane woman who's been charged with murder.

Who's fighting? Cra-cra is a shorter form for the word crazy. And I am definitely crazy, no doubts there. ---lol u crazy Cra...πŸ˜›  u learn na now.... gir gaya tho meri thara chaar pair pe girnaaπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰But you definitely take the cake in this topic defending that insane woman who's been charged with murder.  -- Am not defening her acts...but we cant blindly blame one side only...May some situation people loose their control and do like this things.😊

Seems like we're having a fight even before the debate started. πŸ˜†

As for the topic, I found the statement of the woman's lawyer to be the most hilarious. According to him that guy 'was a cruel person who preyed on her'. Maybe he finds slashing someone's neck with a knife to be an act of kindness.
Originally posted by souro

Seems like we're having a fight even before the debate started. πŸ˜†

As for the topic, I found the statement of the woman's lawyer to be the most hilarious. According to him that guy 'was a cruel person who preyed on her'. Maybe he finds slashing someone's neck with a knife to be an act of kindness.

Hahahah.. thats wht i was laughing at..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.. according to the dumb attonery.. if a person does "those" cruel things to you.. its perfectly fine to attempt to kill him/her..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

hahaha.. defintion of cruelty here is sooo silly - making her eat pork, drink wine, wear sexi clothes..🀣🀣