Not So Obsessed MJHT fans CC#45!!!!!! - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
I have been on LNMDJ forum at least 15x from yesterday hoping there will be something there for my PD appetite but in vain.

:(

I REALLY like them (PD) now! Sigh!!!
LOL Mitsy.....*sigh* I'll never understand the PB-D obsession you have :S....max a scene can be decent like Sarah showed me but they have no depth to their characterizations otherwise :S....guess I'm too obsessed with looking for that always....lol

@Mash: My weekend was great yaar :D Thanks for asking :-) Hope yours was good too!
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL Mitsy.....*sigh* I'll never understand the PB-D obsession you have :S....max a scene can be decent like Sarah showed me but they have no depth to their characterizations otherwise :S....guess I'm too obsessed with looking for that always....lol

@ bold: I guess that's because you've probably been a fan of many well written couples. So it's natural to look for the best once you've had the best.

I don't know about Mitsy but personally I don't keep high hopes from these desi shows. Anything that's half decent on the eyes works because I keep VERY low expectations. So in that sense, I'm easily entertained by even the most cheesy couples if they have fluffy stuff like hot guys, good chem, romantic scenes, etc. I don't get attached emotionally to such couples though. As soon as I get bored with them, I'm out. After that the couple might as well go jump off a bridge for all I care. That's why I'm not as bitter/resentful about MN's butchering or SG's nonsensical scenes. I was never attached to them in the first place. There are only two couples I've been deeply attached to in my life - PM and another couple from the show General Hospital. The rest just come and go, desi or western.

So what's up? How was your weekend?
LOL Sarah, I wouldn't say I've had the best so I always want the best....there are many times when I'm just watching stuff for timepass too.....not everything touches me to the level of say the way the PM story did or now Bones....I watched many shows at one point....but I think now what has happened is that it's all just gotten so repetitive looking and stale that I've lost the patience to watch it.....the rare exceptions are a couple like MN which elevated the inane crap they were doing thanks to their natural chemistry....but that also comes with a shelf life so ultimately they met their expected demise.....

But yes....on some level, I need a sort of storyline to connect even for timepass....something....but characters like PB-D are too put on and largely hollow....that is something that just puts me off.....lol.....

Nothing much is up....I just found a new Bones promo so I was 'eeeeing' over that...LOL....weekend was great....had a great time chilling with the family and eating Maa ke haath ka khaana :D....how was yours?
I can understand that, which is why I'm not expecting you to like such couples. I can see why Prithvi-Damini or Sameer-Avni would put you off. That's why I was trying to explain why people like me or Mitsy can find them endearing given a bunch of semi-decent scenes while many others may not. :-)

Glad to know you had a pleasant weekend. Mine was pretty good too. A few well known comedians from Pakistan were doing a live show at a nearby auditorium, and my mom wanted to go because she's a huge fan. So we all went with her. I enjoyed myself there ... while I couldn't catch ALL the jokes, I got the majority of them. :P

Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago
So you got to see some desi standup for your weekend entertainment?? Niceee! :D

I watched some epis of Dance Premier League when I was home this weekend....there was one awesome salsa act by two guys on 'maa da laadla'....LOL.....I'll see if I can find a link to it to post here...

So did you get a chance to watch the Bones epis you'd downloaded at all?
Dude, don't even ask about the Bones episodes. I download a few but it turned out that I needed a codec to view them. In the process of trying out some random codecs, I messed things up and had to remove them. I ended up removing something important and then the avi and mp4 files didn't work properly - that almost caused me to lose my then unfinished SG-MN vm. So I managed to reinstall the old codecs. Now I'm trying to find a decent codec package for Bones that won't take up too much space and will work effectively. Technology ... *shakes head*
Anyways, going back to that discussion....Sarah yaar....Indian TV is so stagnant by this point.....it's the same kind of love stories repeated a million times over with not even a little imagination applied to atleast changing the way the scenes are shown....SAME story....SAME scenes....chalo in your PB-D and Sam-Avni ke case, they can still act tolerably.....but still the fact that I've already seen this a million times before and THESE actors are bringing NOTHING new in question to this.....maybe handicapped by their inane characters....that is something that doesn't let me be entertained by it...LOL

Aur waise bhi...I think if you find something that is TRULY good to watch...like say for example....if the PM story was going on right now....at it's peak....would you care to watch this show or this jodi as much??  It's when you find something that TRULY involves you....pulls you in, makes you FEEL....everything else seems like a waste of time then :S LOL
Originally posted by sarah1024

Dude, don't even ask about the Bones episodes. I download a few but it turned out that I needed a codec to view them. In the process of trying out some random codecs, I messed things up and had to remove them. I ended up removing something important and then the avi and mp4 files didn't work properly - that almost caused me to lose my then unfinished SG-MN vm. So I managed to reinstall the old codecs. Now I'm trying to find a decent codec package for Bones that won't take up too much space and will work effectively. Technology ... *shakes head*

Oh man, that sucks! Wow.....quite a mess it turned out to be! :S

Why don't you just rent the DVDs yaar??? You can watch those on your laptop too, no??
Originally posted by nureat01

Anyways, going back to that discussion....Sarah yaar....Indian TV is so stagnant by this point.....it's the same kind of love stories repeated a million times over with not even a little imagination applied to atleast changing the way the scenes are shown....SAME story....SAME scenes....chalo in your PB-D and Sam-Avni ke case, they can still act tolerably.....but still the fact that I've already seen this a million times before and THESE actors are bringing NOTHING new in question to this.....maybe handicapped by their inane characters....that is something that doesn't let me be entertained by it...LOL

Aur waise bhi...I think if you find something that is TRULY good to watch...like say for example....if the PM story was going on right now....at it's peak....would you care to watch this show or this jodi as much??  It's when you find something that TRULY involves you....pulls you in, makes you FEEL....everything else seems like a waste of time then :S LOL

@ bold: Never! As soon as I find something exceptionally amazing to watch, the lame stuff that I'm currently watching begins to look LAMER in comparison. It really does feel like a waste of time. So yes, if I had a good story to watch then I wouldn't give PriDa or SaVni the same attention as I do now.

I agree with your entire post. You have BnB so you're going to find PriDa, etc a waste of time. And that's perfectly okay, so you shouldn't have to provide justifications as to why you don't like them - just like I don't expect people to justify their likes, I don't expect them to justify their dislikes either. People like/hate what they want to. They shouldn't have to explain themselves to people who have a different opinion, or be made to feel guilty. So no worries ... lol

I might as well rent the Bones DVD's if this codec thing doesn't work out. It HAS to work out - I'm not letting a machine defeat me. So far I've ALWAYS managed to get my way with codes ... one way or the other I find the right ones with some effort. So I'm going to rent the DVD's only as a last resort. :P