Ajay Arya (Akash) the reason why he left

Posted: 19 years ago
I couldn't smile on the show
   By: Tushar Joshi
   January 29, 2005

Walking Away: Ajay Arya
Ajay Arya who plays Pooja€™s (Shama Sikander) best friend Akash in Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony) is opting out of the soap.

€œI have already informed the channel and, I think, they have started looking for a replacement. The main reason why I chose to quit is because I am unhappy with the way Ye Meri Life Hai is progressing,€ says Arya.

€œWhat I see in Ye Meri Life Hai today is very different from what I was told earlier. The character of Akash was supposed to be a bright, breezy hardworking guy who wants to make it big, but now he has been reduced to being a nobody,€ he added.

Arya ,who has done films in the past, says he will be more careful when he takes on something new.

€œI definitely will make sure I don€™t get into something I regret doing later. On this show I started off as Pooja€™s friend who is always there for her. He loves her but before he can express his love, the other guy gets in her way.€

For someone who loves to smile €" and considers it his biggest asset €" not being able to show it off was a big pain.

€œI think I have a good set of teeth, and people tell me that my smile is my asset. But you will be surprised to know that I haven€™t smiled on the show for the last four months. They have made my character look sad all the time.€

In spite of not being with the show any longer Arya feels something needs to be done to get life back into it.

€œI loved the show when it started off, there was so much  energy and enthusiasm in everyone. But it€™s sad to see what the show has turned into. Every body just keeps crying all the time. Maybe with Rahil Azam€™s entry as Pooja€™s new loverboy the show will get back on track. I mean even Ekta Kapoor€™s serials have a lot of crying scenes in them, but yet the audiences can always connect with them. I don€™t think the audience is happy with what€™s happening on Ye Meri Life Hai.€

After shooting the last episodes for the show, Arya will be looking for some more work. €œThere are talks on a project with Star, but I don€™t want to announce anything yet.€

thanx for the article. he's right. there is no life in the show now. can't wait for rahil azam's entry.
Very good Akash 👍🏼... u deserve better than this crap called YMLH!!!!
thx 4 the article n it is tru he didnt smile 4 4 mths

Originally posted by queenbee

Very good Akash 👍🏼... u deserve better than this crap called YMLH!!!!

I agree totally.......going akash.....

yea da role of akash iz really bein degraded now ................
if i were in hiz place i wud have left 2
i think every1 should do that including pooja and ronit hehehehehe.....
Originally posted by smilingstar3

I couldn't smile on the show
   By: Tushar Joshi
   January 29, 2005

Walking Away: Ajay Arya
I mean even Ekta Kapoor's serials have a lot of crying scenes in them, but yet the audiences can always connect with them. I don't think the audience is happy with what's happening on Ye Meri Life Hai.

Good job Akaash Yaar 👏 u are probably the only one in the cast and crew of YMLH that understands us audiences' feelings. Kuch apne crew ko samjhao!

Thnx for Sharing!