Debate Mansion

gay marriages shudd b aloowedd?? (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by mahikhan

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

It better be allowed, RTH and I are planning on getting married this December. Embarrassed
LOL good good what abt roa planning thu?nah just curious since she was supposed to marry four IF gals including me you,RTH and middyEmbarrassedWink im looking forward for you to get married to herTongue

Oh noes! When did this happen? I'm not one to go around like that. Did I really say I would take 4 wives? Are you sure you are not mistaking me for ROA who took 4 wives? I proposed first to Ajnu and we decided on a winter wedding. Since ROA is also special, I agreed for her to be my second wifey. Ajnu knows that and hopefully won't kill me for it.

But Ajnu knows how dedicated and committed I am, and how much I love her. Sorry this RTH belongs to Ajnu.Embarrassed Yes the marriage takes place in December. Big smile

But this Mahi is interested in NONE, girlie i'm happy the way my life is i cannt go around like that eitherTongueEmbarrassedhu der lage che,gal BUT the problem is roa is my everything so i might give it a second thoughtWinkLOLAnd when did i say tht you gonna take 4 wives?roa decided to marry all 4 of us she is very religious  i tell ya

ROFL

BTW i akki di and roa are already MARRIEDROFL

Edited by mahikhan - 29 October 2009 at 12:56pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "gay marriages shudd b aloowedd?? (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 October 2009 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
When it comes to the issue of gay marriage, I choose not to look at California or New England or the all these hot button states.

I have only one thing to say - Iowa. It was a time when Prop 8 was a nationwide circus and was being challenged in court, and all eyes were on California. At the same time somewhere in the heartland, things looked different. It was a conservative state, just a bit west of the Bible belt. It was a conservative senate, conservative  governor and an all conservative judicial bench. There was no liberal gay rights pride propaganda bandwagon demanding change. One fine morning people woke up to find that a ten year old ban on gay marriage had been declared constitutionally illegal by the state supreme court. Gay people can now marry in Iowa.

Of course there was a bit of a scramble to get it undone. But months later in September a poll stated that 92% of Iowans said their lives had not been changed by the decision. In essence its still, good old Iowa, land of corn.

The question asked was ""This class of people asks a simple and direct question: How can a state premised on the constitutional principle of equal protection justify exclusion of a class of Iowans from civil marriage?" 

And the chief justices answer was simple "It can't"

As a lot of us who live in the heartland and love it say, its not about liberalization and changing the world. Everything here is about good old fashioned midwestern sensibilities. Small towns and communities that stick by their fellow people and their values,irrespective of who they are. Maybe thats why the midwest is called the heartland. No media circus about it. Just ordinary people, living ordinary lives.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Why do I see my name everywhere? I'm confuzzled.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

Sorry ....whats your name?LOLWinkTongue

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

When it comes to the issue of gay marriage, I choose not to look at California or New England or the all these hot button states.

I have only one thing to say - Iowa. It was a time when Prop 8 was a nationwide circus and was being challenged in court, and all eyes were on California. At the same time somewhere in the heartland, things looked different. It was a conservative state, just a bit west of the Bible belt. It was a conservative senate, conservative  governor and an all conservative judicial bench. There was no liberal gay rights pride propaganda bandwagon demanding change. One fine morning people woke up to find that a ten year old ban on gay marriage had been declared constitutionally illegal by the state supreme court. Gay people can now marry in Iowa.

Of course there was a bit of a scramble to get it undone. But months later in September a poll stated that 92% of Iowans said their lives had not been changed by the decision. In essence its still, good old Iowa, land of corn.

The question asked was ""This class of people asks a simple and direct question: How can a state premised on the constitutional principle of equal protection justify exclusion of a class of Iowans from civil marriage?" 

And the chief justices answer was simple "It can't"

As a lot of us who live in the heartland and love it say, its not about liberalization and changing the world. Everything here is about good old fashioned midwestern sensibilities. Small towns and communities that stick by their fellow people and their values,irrespective of who they are. Maybe thats why the midwest is called the heartland. No media circus about it. Just ordinary people, living ordinary lives.
Actually there is a huge negative to this, when decisions like this are taken without proper discussion or awareness considering only legal standpoint, they do nothing but just create a superficials feeling like something good has been done without anyone actually embracing it.

Talking about Iowa, Last year when out at dinner with my client, most of them suggested they would vote for Obama, now they have a lot of reasons to hate Bush, since a lot of them had kids in armed forces, nobody liked democratic principles, but the reason most of them cited was that they didnt want to sound racist, There was a conscious effort made last year, if you dont vote for Obama, you might be a closeted racist. and the state went to Obama. I wont be surprised if the "gay marriage" thing isnt like that too If it is really from their heart nothing like it, but I doubt it.

Similarly, In India earlier this year they decriminalized homosexual relationships in the courts, everywhere there was a big backpating, but if you look around, nothing has changed. There is still the mindset about Gays that is illustrated in the movie "Philadelphia". The change has to come from heart, from well thought out thinking. It cant be like ok, a judge ruled, and now we think it is acceptable. especially in a conservative nation like India.

The reason I cited both these examples was just Iowa and India are very similar in their religious conservativeness

sorry for the detourWink

Edited by chal_phek_mat - 30 October 2009 at 12:43am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 1:09am | IP Logged
In india Gays have been indulging in unnatural actvities for long but no problem as long it is confined to their bed rooms .Public indecency should not be tolerated at any cost....but indian state like states like Haryana, they would do well to legalize same sex marriages. God knows what else... the only other benefit I see is no growth in populationWinkNow a days "Social Tolerance" does later translate into "Social Preference".Smile

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 6:54am | IP Logged

Haila did i say anythin?Embarrassedi guess i reveal too much TongueLOL

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 8:15am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Post Reply New Post

Go to top