jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 11:35am | IP Logged

NIGHTOUT with Apurva Agnihotri

Just say 'Yes Sir'
Apurva Agnihotri, aka Armaan Sir, feels Jassi should be alone. All her life
Harneet Singh
Mumbai, January 11: BET you didn't know that Armaan Sir's special name for Jassi is Jasberry. And that she affectionately calls him Apu Singh. On-screen in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, Armaan (ne Apurva Agnihotri) might come across as a cad who breaks Jassi's heart every day. But in real life, they're good friends. ''Every time we do a scene together, something magical happens. If I had my way, I would work with her for the rest of my life,'' grins Agnihotri.
Harneet SinghAdvertisement
< = src="http://ads.expressindia.com/banner/iestoryban.js"> < = src="http://banners.expressindia.com/adsnew/adjs.php?para=no&n=282203214&what=zone:313&target=_blank&exclude=," =text/>
And a text message forwarded by the show's co-director Diya Singh only reaffirms the couple's chemistry. ''Mona (Jassi) and Apurva are the Kajol and Shah Rukh of the small screen,'' conveys Singh. Agnihotri vows never to delete the message. Mocha, Juhu, where we're chatting, is inundated with shouts of 'Armaan sir'. A gaggle of girls hound the actor for pictures and autographs. ''Do you really love Jassi?'' 19-year-old Ashima wants to know. While collegians Shruti and Mehak declare, ''You have the best smile on TV.'' Agnihotri smiles some more, flashing the deep dimple in his left cheek. Jassi... has given the 28-year-old actor a fresh lease after his Bollywood career didn't work despite a dream launch in Subhash Ghai's Pardes. Now he can't live without Jassi. ''I've lost count how many times I say 'Jassi' in a day. All my lines begin and end with 'Jassi' and since we do about 10-12 scenes in a day, you can just imagine,'' he says, biting into a paneer panini. Though he loves his Casanova character, he swears he's just the opposite in reality. Contrary to Armaan's indecisive nature, Agnihotri married actress Shilpa Saklani (Ganga of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) three months after co-star Rakshanda Khan introduced them. While it was love at first sight for him, Shilpa took time to be convinced. ''My screen image came in the way,'' he says. His wife loves the serial, especially the scenes between Agnihotri and Parmeet Sethi. Both actors are so attuned to each other's timing, it almost seems like gay bonding. Agnihotri gives a bark of laughter. ''I know what you mean. I love Parmeet. He can chew up anybody in comedy.'' Of course, he can't say the same about his other co-star Samir Soni who apparently left the serial because of ego clashes with Agnihotri. ''No way,'' denies Agnihotri. ''I really like Samir. He left for personal reasons,'' he shrugs, sipping a sugar-free black cuppa. His contract ends in June, after which he hopes to sign some more serials or maybe films, ''if I get something substantial.'' For now, he hopes to see Jassi's much awaited makeover. ''I'm dying to see her coming down a staircase looking like a model,'' he says. Who does he think Jassi should end up with—Purab, Armaan or Nandu? ''Jassi should be alone. That's what happens to people who have such high standards and who are hell-bent on sticking to their principles.'' Now that's typical Armaan Sir. Time table
Sexiest babe on TV: My wife Shilpa Saklani
Mona or Rakshanda: Rakshanda, because she changed my life after introducing me to Shilpa
Best actor on TV: Parmeet Sethi
Can't imagine TV without: My hair gel which I apply quite liberally to keep my floppy hair in order
One serial you wish you were a part of: None, because after Jassi.., others are routine fare

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 11:50am | IP Logged
thanx!
alveera Goldie
alveera
alveera

Posted: 29 January 2005 at 11:58am | IP Logged
thanx
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top