Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Windows 7 Vs Vista Vs XP : Which is the best ?? (Page 2)

karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
I have found that there are always somethings that suck on some kind of OS. Linux sucks, windows sucks, Mac OS sucks. Moreover, M$ looks like someone interested in making $s.

Thus, I never become dependent on one type of OS and have at least Linux and Windows on my machine.
Its only that I use Linux more often.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
My netbook has XP, my PC has Vista, I converted my old beater laptop to Linus and also have a Power Mac G4. Nerd much.

I usually use Windows for cost, convenience, compatibility and ease of use. Vista is pretty looking but its all glossed up, their backward compatibility was poor, it is too resource heavy and not as clean running. XP was better.

I have found Linux to be most stable, but its not the most user friendly or compatible system. I really do not like the fact that the Linux shell just baffles the bejesus out of me.

Max Os is nice. Its clean and stable. With bootcamp you can easily set a Windows dual boot.  I do not have the latest Snow Leopard but my friends are in love with it. If Mac OS X Snow Leopard was a person, I know people who would marry it.  But thats how Mac Geeks are. My beef with Mac is they overheat and are too bloody expensive.

My primary reason for Mac is to install Adobe products. However, its a plus that the gaydar comes standard installed with Apple products. Its amazing really. People think I am kidding. But test it yourself. Sit at a starbucks cafe one day with a Windows laptop/netbook and surf. Then go they next day with a MacBook watch the gaydar spring into action like a Tiger on the prowl.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

windows 95

Mohd Rafi ...ko jai!!!!!!!!!!LOL
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 26 October 2009 at 12:08am | IP Logged

Am using both LINuX and MS Xp and 7 now its ok some new features there,  we cant avoid MS also...What windows is trying to do now is what Linex has done years ago.... but theres Linux has some probs too when it come to mass usage.... XP is no doubt a good system, but Vista is built on rather modern approach. security provisions of Vista are better considering XP...bt Vista eat lots of memory...like  64 Bit, eats up RAM (2 GB Straight with no additional processes),If your business depends on IT i.e. Software development or similar, Vista installation problems can close down your business because of bugs and support issues......MS had once released an OS by name "Windows Millenium" before Xp..have never seen it anywhere except in one CyberCafe in India Smile........I think If Apple can get smarter it can beat MS in OS game in the next 5-10 years time frame but for that to happen Apple must be ready to do street fight.

slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 October 2009 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
chal_phek_mat Senior Member
chal_phek_mat
chal_phek_mat

Posted: 26 October 2009 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Everytime I think it cannot get any worser Microsoft goes out and outdoes itself. So earlier the version the better it is, well... Windows 3.11 was as bad as what Vista is,
Anyway most of my licenses are on XP,2000 and Vista, so I prefer to stay with them

That being said I cant imagine myself switching to Linux or Mac as my primary OS.  Server apps Linux is good, but not for desktop
-Sneha IF-Dazzler
-Sneha
-Sneha

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 10:59am | IP Logged
My Brother just recently brought Windows 7 for his college work, and he keeps boasting about it whenever we chat... So I am guessing that should be the better one!!...LOL

Try out the comparisons blog or something on Yahoo or Google! You'll get the pros and cons easier!!...

Cheers,
Sneha
WillSmith456 IF-Rockerz
WillSmith456
WillSmith456

Posted: 27 October 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged
yeh even vista was not faster like win 7 when it was released for the first time in 2007.

Go to top