Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Mythology and Scriptures Debate Thread (Page 4)

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by Believe

All the religions have been trying to prove that their stories are facts. And in trying to prove that these are facts they have simply proved that they are fools. These are not facts, these are symbolic truths. Whatsoever we see around you is a fact...I believe a myth is a bridge between lie and truth....its a type of fiction...or relfection of something in lie it...Smilepeoples always are follower of someone or against someone...bt people should recheck all these belief right or wrong !

Religion/Scriptures can neither be prooved or disproved. Just as those who try to proove are fools, those who try to disprove are also fools, because both parties will never come to a conclusion. Instead, believe in them if you have faith that they are true. If you do not have faith, fine, but do not call those who believe in them fools, because if those scriptures teach them to act morally and live an ethical life, how can they be fools?Smile---Sybolic truth we cant prove my dear friend....This is not history. These statues don't depict the real persons, no, not at all. They are not pictorial representations. Then what are they? They represent something of the inner...thats why i said if someone try to prove they become fool...Smile

Scriptures may be fiction or nonfiction for different people. The important thing is to learn the morals from them.   -- ok I agree with this...Smilebut people easly learn Imoral firstWink
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Or if you simply "heard" this from somewhere.
[/QUOTE] as i had already mentioned in my post i simply "heard " it on the news channel -India Tv-a few days back .They didnt find the body but were talking about the claims of that tribe. BTW has ravanas cremation details been mentioned in the scriptures. Anyone here who knows, plz shareSmile
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Janaki,
I think most of us are aware that names have vibrations and both Om and Rama have the Divine vibration of 7. So Rama may be repeated as it also has the power to remove our ignorance ( same as Om). Ah understanding the qualities and the nature of Rama will melt the hardest heart it is said.

One of Ravana's followers advised Ravana to take the form of Rama and wins Sita's love. Ravana mentioned that all evil thoughts will go away once he takes on Rama's form, so it was not a good idea.LOL

Both Rama and Sita were  Divine incarnations who were fully aware of the role they had to play to teach mankind the proper path and moral codes. I find most Rama bhajans have a sad and sentimental tune.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStar

casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 8:06am | IP Logged
The moral codes taught must have been relevant to those yugs I wonder what codes wud b most relevant to present kaliyug . The fact that many gr8 ppl like bhishma, dronacharya sided with kauravas must be in keeping with the culture in those times. What wud happen now when there hardly appears to be any ethics or moral?
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

The moral codes taught must have been relevant to those yugs I wonder what codes wud b most relevant to present kaliyug . The fact that many gr8 ppl like bhishma, dronacharya sided with kauravas must be in keeping with the culture in those times. What wud happen now when there hardly appears to be any ethics or moral?
Frankly right and wrong has not changed very much. Culture and habits may change.
these days we have more religions too.LOL
I read that the mantras they used during the wars in those times were very powerful. Since then all this knowledge has been lost.
Recaling the ancient stories I feel like I am transported to those times and I see the face of Ramachandra.
You would be happy as there were several ghosts and spirits then.LOL
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

I must have traveld to wrong time zone then. Thats what happens when 1 is not very punctual. *sigh*

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Originally posted by Summer3

I must have traveld to wrong time zone then. Thats what happens when 1 is not very punctual. *sigh*

Well even in modern day times I have read about certain spirits that came in the form a man every night and brought jelebi and other sweets. Now most shops would be closed by then in the remote areas of India. Later upon further investigation they found that it was the spirit of someone who had died over 100 years ago. A piece of bone was found in the graveyard and it was recremated with appropriate ceremonies and prayers.
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 11:44am | IP Logged
It wasnt me ! I m not very fond of jalebis .

Go to top