Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Mythology and Scriptures Debate Thread (Page 2)

casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:16am | IP Logged
when a king is busy with intense prep for war how do U think he will feel when his own brother keeps advising him to go & seek the enemies forgiveness. Most kings wud not take kindly to such advice.
As for ravanas cremation I just heard it a few days back in a news channel India TV that the body of Ravana was said to have been buried under some rocks in an unknown place by some tribals there along with his treasure -place not found yet. The tribals revered Ravana & got his body as Vibhishan did not carry out cremation of his bro as he was busy with prep to ascend throne.
Now if U ask me for proof I dont have any ...
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:37am | IP Logged

All the religions have been trying to prove that their stories are facts. And in trying to prove that these are facts they have simply proved that they are fools. These are not facts, these are symbolic truths. Whatsoever we see around you is a fact...I believe a myth is a bridge between lie and truth....its a type of fiction...or relfection of something in lie it...Smilepeoples always are follower of someone or against someone...bt people should recheck all these belief right or wrong !Big smile

Edited by Believe - 25 October 2009 at 6:39am
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

when a king is busy with intense prep for war how do U think he will feel when his own brother keeps advising him to go & seek the enemies forgiveness. Most kings wud not take kindly to such advice.
As for ravanas cremation I just heard it a few days back in a news channel India TV that the body of Ravana was said to have been buried under some rocks in an unknown place by some tribals there along with his treasure -place not found yet. The tribals revered Ravana & got his body as Vibhishan did not carry out cremation of his bro as he was busy with prep to ascend throne.
Now if U ask me for proof I dont have any ...
Well  Ravana is like Osama doing a lot of wrong things. So if Osama goes on bombing and killing others then even his own people  or family member should stop him.
BTW when USA does something wrong I will openly criticize USA too.

So Vib is a sensible guy who gave good advise to Ravana. Ravana could not listen to his brother as he was blinded by evil qualities too. It is better not to associate with such a family.
There is a lesson in this little story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:40am | IP Logged
are we to now have a debate if Ramayan is bases on facts or fiction?
Eventide Senior Member
Eventide
Eventide

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Loke RTH said, there is no clear black and white for this answer.

From the family point of view, he was a traitor. I recall seeing a scene on Star Ustav a while back where Kumbhakaran confronts Vibhishan. He was ready to let his brothers and family die.

But from another point of view, he was supporting the truth, and the right way.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:43am | IP Logged
I think EKta can make better Ramayan....Wink
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 6:51am | IP Logged

trying to put sense into ones relatives r friends is good but going and joining enemy ranks is a bit like going overboard IMO

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

are we to now have a debate if Ramayan is bases on facts or fiction?
The significance of the Ramayan story is about the story of the individual soul.
Whether it really happend is arguable. Anyway it is not significant to me.
I read that people in those days were also very much taller than now. But there is not much proof.
Apparently Saint Ramanuja was the reincarnation of Lakshamana.

Ravana and the ten heads indicates the ten senses.
Rama the individual soul loses his way when it loses  Brahma jnana or Divine knowledge represented by Sita.

Actually Hanuman could have defeated Ravana anytime, but since the story was planned this way guess nothing much could be done.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarcasper2..RamKiJanaki..

Go to top