preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:21pm | IP Logged

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz fired from 'Melrose'

By Amber Dowling

2009-10-23

Two axed from 'Melrose Place' revamp

Confession time: I'm enjoying the new Melrose Place. I loved the old one, and while the new one isn't the best thing on television today, it's one of the few shows I make sure I watch on a weekly basis.

Please don't judge me.

The series hasn't pulled in spectacular numbers for the CW (or for Global here in Canada), although the network is hoping the return of Heather Locklear as Amanda Woodward will revive interest. In the meantime, the CW apparently feels there are two characters that are weighing down the feel of the show, Violet (Ashlee Simpson-Wentz) and Auggie (Colin Egglesfield).

Both actors were let go yesterday by producers and are wrapping up production on their final episodes. For those who recall the first season of the original series, this isn't a new move: Amy Locane's character Sandy left the show after only one season, and Vanessa Williams' Rhonda lasted maybe two.

The news is a bit shocking considering how integrated into the main storylines both Auggie and Violet are, with Auggie harbouring a huge love triangle with the resident sweethearts and Violet working to make life hell for former tenant Michael Mancini (Thomas Calabro).

Egglesfield tells E!Online that the news came as a bit of a shock, and that producers assured him it was a network decision, not theirs. As fans know, there is a murder mystery storyline in the Melrose backdrop, and Auggie has already been cleared of that crime. But when Riley (Jessica Lucas) will choose her fianc over Auggie's friendship and the budding chef has an explosive argument with his boss, he will struggle with the bottle once more.

"The way in which I'm leaving the show, I'm not being killed off, I'm just leaving," Egglesfield tells E!Online. "It keeps the door open for, potentially, my character to come back, but who knows?"

The actor didn't talk much about Violet's dismissal, but it's been revealed the newest tenant believes she's Sydney Andrews' daughter and has proven to be just as, if not more, devious than her "mother." Perhaps she'll be the one who surfaces as the killer.

Either way, the move should hopefully boost ratings or the entire series could be toast.

"Obviously the ratings aren't what they need or want them to be," Egglesfield said. "So they're going to try things to shake things up. But why they chose this, I don't know."

What do you think of the Melrose exits? amber@tvguide.ca

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ashlee Simpson-Wentz fired from ‘Melrose’" in CW Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

I sorta see where the whole Auggie bit was coming from.. they don't seem to give him much importance but it did look like his storyline was heating up after this weeks epi.

Kinda surprised to hear about Ashley though .. I thought they play her character out a little more.

babii.girl

IF-Sizzlerz

babii.girl

Posted: 23 October 2009 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
i want  Auggie to stay =(
i like his character

Post Reply New Post

Go to top