starry.phoenix

BollyCurry Production Intern,YRKKH,DABH,BB7,EBP BC Winner

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:55am | IP Logged

Hi Guys...
Star Heartiest Welcome Star
To Your Very Own

Karan Mehra aka Naitik Singhania Fan Club
Well..This is a thread where You All Can Discuss Anything & Everything
about Ur & My Fav. Character in Reel Life As well as in Real Life.
&
My & Ur Dream Boy
Clap (As We All Know Gals Are a Die-Hard Fan Including Meee....) Clap
U Can Post Ur Creations / Creative Stuffs
for
Smile Karan / Naitik Smile
I Have done My part & Now its Ur Turn...!!
So...
Whats Upp in Ur Mind & Heart..?
Just Pour - Out here & Be the Lucky One
So, R u the Lucky One...??
Enjoy to the Fullest

Biography

Karan Mehra is an Indian television actor who is playing the lead in STAR Plus serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Before acting happened to him, he was a fashion designer from National School of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Delhi. He has worked as a designer for four years in his hometown Noida.
But it wasn't all about auditions for Karan when he came to Mumbai. The actor took a detour before he finally faced the cameras. He says: "When I came to Mumbai, I started assisting directors like Raju Hirani and Ram Gopal Verma. I worked as an assistant in four movies. I also did a small role in Love Story 2050 as Harman's (Baweja) friend. After that I started doing modeling and that helped me a lot," says Mehra.
Karan has done numerous ads for various banks and institutions. His latest ad is the VIP ad - with Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor - Hotspot mobile store and 7UP.

The actor says that his family supported him the most and that has gotten him this far. "Nobody from my family is in this industry. My father is in the construction industry and my mother is housewife. But they are very supportive. They knew about my ambitions when I left everything and came here," said Karan.

Before Karan was selected for Yeh Rishta' he did his acting course from Kishore Namit Kapoor Institute. "It was a four month course and it has helped me open my eyes to a wider range of observation. Though I felt the heat while facing the camera, my previous experience helped me a lot", says the actor.
........................................................................................................................................

Birth Name: Karan Mehra
DOB : 10th September 1982

Hometown: Delhi, India
Siblings: Kunal Mehra
Relationship Status: In a Relationship
Religious Views : Spiritual
Favorite Books: The Alchemist
Favorite Quotations: LIVE AND LET LIVE
Email:naitiksfanclub@gmail.com
Colleges: NIFT '03 (Fashion DEsigning with Information Technology)
BCA (IGNOU '03)

High School: Apeejay School '00

Employer : Kuriosity

Position :CEO

........................................................................................................................................

Trivia

It is rumoured that Karan is dating model-turned actress of Hastey Hastey fame Nisha Rawal.

* He has done his acting course from Kishore Namit Kapoor Institute *
* He has done a cameo in Love Story 2050 movie as Harman Baweja's friend *
* He has assisted Ram Gopal Verma and Raju Hirani *
* Karan has acted in ads of VIP, 7Up, Hotspot Mobile store, HT *
* When Karan was a fashion designer, he had styled Amitabh Bachchan *

Personal Quotes

Karan is not that similar to Naitik. Karan is a very simple guy sans hang ups and hassles. But he isn't being pampered like Naitik. Naitik gets the attention of females and loves it and basks in that glory.
I always wanted to be seen on camera, but before that my aim was to get an understanding of how things roll behind it. Today because of that I am very much comfortable in front of the screen.
I do believe in arranged marriage. My parents had an arranged marriage, and today also you can see this trend continuing. Even I don't mind opting for the same.
There were so many young guys who came to audition for this particular role of Naitik, but I was the lucky one as I got a call on the second day from Rajanji's office. When I went there, they explained me in details the character of Naitik and it charmed me a lot.

Interview

Are you aware that there is another Karan Mehra in the industry?
Yes, in fact, our dads were college buddies.  I'd like to tell him that if he doesn't know this already.

Your first reaction when you learnt you had landed Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai?
I was nervous.. and excited.

Finally, someone who didn't become an actor by chance!
(Laughs) It's always been my dream to be an actor. Television is the first big step.

Any show you wish you were a part of?
I used to like Mihir Virani in Kyunki Saas Bahu Thi. Amar Upadhyay was so popular as Mihir. In fact, Naitik, the guy I play in Yeh Rishta.., is quite similar. He is sweet and pampered.. simple, cute and responsible. Just like me. It shouldn't be difficult playing him.

Isn't there a wicked streak in you?
No way!

You don't flirt?
No, I've always been a role model for my cousins and peers. (Laughs) My family and friends would always tell them, "Kuch seekho Karan se!"

The show is about youngsters who get married early. Is it healthy to promote such a trend?
It does happen. Also, we are showing how youngsters can be responsible and cultured. We are encouraging family values.

Married young would also translate into becoming young parents. Are you ready to play papa?
If the story demands it, why not?

Do you believe in matching kundalis to find your life partner?
My parents would be happy if I find a girl myself. As for matching kundalis, let's face it, we might have become progressive but no one I know has escaped it. Why take a chance? Har koi karta hai toh main kyun nahin.

I believe you were an assistant director once..
Yes, I've assisted Ram Gopal Varma on Shiva.. and Rajkumar Hirani for an advertisement. I've done a few ads too. The latest one was with  Shahid Kapur.

Besides acting what else about the medium interests you?
Styling, I'm a fashion designer from NIFT. I have my own brand. I hope to relaunch it in a couple of years.

You look so young.. how old are you?
Guess? When I was 21, no one would believe it. I was once denied entry to a movie theatre because they thought I was underage. I'm still told I look younger than my years.

Edited by starry.phoenix - 22 October 2009 at 9:14am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Krazzy 4 Karan Mehra* Naitik Ji [ Perfect MM ]" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Karan Mehra : The Real Self

Edited by starry.phoenix - 22 October 2009 at 9:05am

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Karan Mehra as Naitik Singhania

Edited by starry.phoenix - 22 October 2009 at 9:05am

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Karan Mehra & Nisha Rawal

Edited by starry.phoenix - 22 October 2009 at 9:06am

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Kreationz 4 Karan

Edited by starry.phoenix - 22 October 2009 at 9:08am

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Karan's Krazzy-Ians

starry.phoenix
(That's Me)
Wink

Edited by starry.phoenix - 22 October 2009 at 9:07am

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged
hello guys...finally m startin a Fc for our Naitik Ji aka karan Mehra,,,
So what say guys... Karan's a Perfect MM...Nahi smjhe... arey bhai... MM means Marriage Material... he's a perfct MM for me atleast..what about u...???
He's cute, charming, caring, adorable, sweeettt, romanticc....... ok..ok..ok....me leavin smthin for u guys... so continue....!!!!!
:)
& dnt forgt to join the gang....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top